U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 07:01 PM

19,430 posts, read 17,526,898 times

Advertisements

I think the question is, can he dupe us into thinking he can, even while he digs us in deeper? Not without ALOT of koolaid.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:09 PM

4,176 posts, read 5,489,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Well, I think he's as much a flip-flopper as that lieberman guy. last night on ac360, he claimed he was against the bailout, and you're saying he is/was for it, and am now confused, but, what could one expect from a comedian? so, him wanting americans to go out and spend$$$ is a bit ridiculous, people need to see the economy rebound some, and banks need to loosen the money supply a bit. I've heard that banks that received the tarp money are still holding onto $$$ and still not lending. all in all, I still don't think obama, or any president that might have been elected would have a silver bullet for the problems america faces. let's face it ladies and gentlemen, we're deep in doo doo, and it may get deeper before the fat lady sings. I think when obama takes office, his plate won't be full, it will be runneth-over with problems.
Stein might have been against the TARP (October Bailout), but I do recall him favoring the Big Three Bailout. Based on the way he has been talking (more Government spending, etc.) I might have assumed he favored the TARP as well. Either way, he has definitely been a big fan of big Government!

Old 01-03-2009, 04:41 PM

6,013 posts, read 6,927,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I think the question is, can he dupe us into thinking he can, even while he digs us in deeper? Not without ALOT of koolaid.

well you can say americans were already duped with booze i dont know whats worse tea, kool-aid or alchohal.

when did this kool aid term come about, for some reason i feel this has negative connatations to it and i need not to say it...

Old 01-03-2009, 04:49 PM

4,176 posts, read 5,489,937 times
Drinking Kool Aid refers to, essentially, believing that something you or someone else is telling you (or what you or else is doing) is the greatest thing, no matter what the evidence shows.

In these forums, when people (like myself) say Obama has Kool Aid drinking supporters, it mean that they will continue to support him regardless of the evidence regarding whether or not his policies are beneficial to the country.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:31 PM

33,937 posts, read 42,228,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
well you can say americans were already duped with booze i dont know whats worse tea, kool-aid or alchohal.

when did this kool aid term come about, for some reason i feel this has negative connatations to it and i need not to say it...

The "drinking Kool-Ade" phrase has it's origins in Rev. Jim Jones and his cult followers in Jonestown, Guyana committing mass suicide (900+/-) by drinking poisoned Flavor-Ade about 30 years ago.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:32 PM

25,084 posts, read 14,296,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Is it even possible?
No. Obama is one man. How can one man save America? I don't think Saviour is on his resume or required to be president. It is going to take a lot of people working together with Obama to turn things around. Don't expect a quick fix.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:50 AM

2,539 posts, read 2,384,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Like the irresponsible crybabies on Wall St. and in Detroit?

But I agree, personal responsibility is clearly lacking. But the does not excuse Bush from goading those bad at math into making bad personal decisions for the simple reason that short term it was good for making the 1% richer.

Same way I see state lotteries, or more appropriately looteries, they are simply a tax on those that are really bad at math.

OBTW, debt free here.
Thats a good point. The fatcat crybabies want their billion dollar welfare checks from us, the American workers, after all their years of drizzling on us, they want our help. The stupid thing is they get it. Which I dont get.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:32 PM

16,884 posts, read 13,055,385 times
Quote:
Is it even possible?

nope, and the thing is, is that they will not want to. they will look upon this as a gift horse in the mouth and string this along as long as possible.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:01 AM

2,539 posts, read 2,384,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
nope, and the thing is, is that they will not want to. they will look upon this as a gift horse in the mouth and string this along as long as possible.
Bush already cut up the 'gift horse' and its in the freezers of his rich buds

Old 01-07-2009, 01:54 PM

16,884 posts, read 13,055,385 times
Quote:
Bush already cut up the 'gift horse' and its in the freezers of his rich buds

and soon it will be in the coffers of the liberal elite. you know who I am talking about, those same people who like to have laws written against us lower class citizens (according to them), but not against the elite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or