U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 11:27 AM

2,539 posts, read 2,376,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
and soon it will be in the coffers of the liberal elite. you know who I am talking about, those same people who like to have laws written against us lower class citizens (according to them), but not against the elite.
Oh now theres a new useless word, not just liberal but liberal elite. Where you get it from, boil on butt limbaugh?

Old 01-08-2009, 12:07 PM

3,144 posts, read 7,337,061 times
So much liberal rationalizing on this thread... Admit it, you people have little faith in Obama.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:14 PM

51 posts, read 63,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
I feel sorry for Obama, I wouldn't want to inherit this mess for ANYTHING in the world.
WHO ARE YOU GUYS!?
DO YOU EVEN PAY TAXES?

DO YOU HAVE A BUSINESS?

DO YOU HAVE ANY CLUE WHAT BUSH'S TAX POLICIES ARE?

DO YOU HAVE KIDS?!

BUSH INCREASED THE EXEMPTION FOR DEPENDENTS -SET TO EXPIRE

HE ALSO INSTITUTED AN OFF THE TOP TAX CUT FOR THOSE WHO HAD EMPLOYEES THAT LIVED IN LOW INCOME NEIGHBORHOODS...
-SET TO EXPIRE

OBAMA IS CLUELESS....HE DOES NOT HAVE THE CAPACITY TO UNDERSTAND LIGHTLY COMPLEX FINANCIAL INTERACTIONS

OBAMA'S WHOLE JOB AS COMMUNITY ORGANIZER WAS GET MONEY FROM DONORS AND THE GOVERNMENT AND GIVE IT AWAY!! Even to the orgainizations that paid his salary!!!

OBAMA SUED CITIBANK WITH ACORN THE ORGANIZATION HE CREATED TO FORCE THEM TO MAKE RISKY LOANS!!
the very loans that are perpetuating the economic failure

NOW, THE WHOLE ECONOMY IS CRASHING and affecting international markets BECAUSE OF CLINTONS AND OBAMAS HOUSING PLANS!!!

ALL THAT FAKE VALUE IN REAL ESTATE NOW THE BOTTOM FALLS OUT LIKE A BURST BALLOOON...LIKE THE PAYMENTS

Old 01-08-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
So much liberal rationalizing on this thread... Admit it, you people have little faith in Obama.
I dont know what to think of the man yet, but I do know that Bush is about the last person in the world I would trust, along with his neo-con thugs

Old 01-08-2009, 04:40 PM

10,860 posts, read 10,527,907 times
The pit…. hmmm.

My vision of ‘the pit’ (in this context) would be having no food, having no shelter, and being out on the famine and war ravaged streets with nothing. Until we reach that point, I feel your question is not justified.

Try going somewhere that HAS reached the bottom of the pit. Then ask again as you're starving, dodging bullets, and getting bombed (NOT the good kind of 'bombed'). I’m not happy about everything, but I’ll tell you, even being the spoiled-assed American that I am, I understand that it ‘could’ get very much worse. I hate to say ‘will,’ but I’m afraid 'will' might just be the right word.

Now if I might be permitted to further bloviate concerning the second facet of the question: I think we are all putting way too much faith in President Elect Obama. He is, after all, one man. I wish him the best. But, I don’t really see how he will ever accomplish all of the feats that we are pinning on him. He may do wonderful things, but he will never live up to our expectations. He can’t. No man could. In a way, I feel sorry for him because right out of the gate, before he even gets started, more is expected of him than is possible. And how long do you think it will be before we turn on him like rabid dogs?

Last edited by ChrisC; 01-08-2009 at 05:01 PM..

Old 01-12-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
The pit…. hmmm.

My vision of ‘the pit’ (in this context) would be having no food, having no shelter, and being out on the famine and war ravaged streets with nothing. Until we reach that point, I feel your question is not justified.

Try going somewhere that HAS reached the bottom of the pit. Then ask again as you're starving, dodging bullets, and getting bombed (NOT the good kind of 'bombed'). I’m not happy about everything, but I’ll tell you, even being the spoiled-assed American that I am, I understand that it ‘could’ get very much worse. I hate to say ‘will,’ but I’m afraid 'will' might just be the right word.

Now if I might be permitted to further bloviate concerning the second facet of the question: I think we are all putting way too much faith in President Elect Obama. He is, after all, one man. I wish him the best. But, I don’t really see how he will ever accomplish all of the feats that we are pinning on him. He may do wonderful things, but he will never live up to our expectations. He can’t. No man could. In a way, I feel sorry for him because right out of the gate, before he even gets started, more is expected of him than is possible. And how long do you think it will be before we turn on him like rabid dogs?
I said 'dropped into', we didnt land yet, but we are falling, therefore there is no bottom yet, theerefore its a 'pit'.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:08 AM

1 posts, read 987 times
Default Trying out my smiling faces

:shocke d:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or