U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 06:54 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,123,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
at one point congress enjoyed only an 8% approval rating. I wonder why? Could it be that both parties are completely to blame? More energy spent sabataging each other, excuse making and finger point rather than working on solutions perhaps. And yet the partisan thinkers made sure they re-elected most of the scum bags who buried this nation.
How does Barney Frank rate a walk? Chris Dodd? Pelosi? Reid? Just to name a few.
How come I don't hear about ANY of them on this forum. It is all about Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 06:59 PM

442 posts, read 716,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Sorry, I don't think our nation should abandon its roots as a Christian Nation from its conception to please the 8% of its population that may celebrate something else. You knew very well that in coming here (if you are a post-birth immigrant) that you were entering a primarily Christian nation.

There is NO OTHER NATION on this planet that has been more willing to mask its traditions to please the super-small minority. Go to any other nation where Christianity dominates and see how much more closed minded they are compared to us.
The delicious irony here is that, the atheists seek to impose their views upon others, even as they're declaring themselves victims of the selfsame treatment.
Is it possible for an atheist to be a hypocrite?

Old 01-03-2009, 07:07 PM

8,743 posts, read 10,251,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperIncumbent View Post
The delicious irony here is that, the atheists seek to impose their views upon others, even as they're declaring themselves victims of the selfsame treatment.
Is it possible for an atheist to be a hypocrite?
Not true. They both seek to impose their views on others. No one can deny that.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Not true. They both seek to impose their views on others. No one can deny that.
So you're not going to deny it any longer either?

Old 01-03-2009, 07:13 PM

8,743 posts, read 10,251,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperIncumbent View Post
So you're not going to deny it any longer either?
You make no sense.

I said no one can deny that and then you turn around and ask if I do. LOL.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
You make no sense.

I said no one can deny that and then you turn around and ask if I do. LOL.
I never made that point in my post so I don't understand to what you're alluding to.

You talk a lot about being tolerant in this country although you admit to pushing your opinions on others as an atheist? That's hypocrisy.

Last edited by SuperIncumbent; 01-03-2009 at 07:46 PM..

Old 01-03-2009, 07:50 PM

20,310 posts, read 19,424,408 times
Quote:
How come I don't hear about ANY of them on this forum. It is all about Bush.
Which is why nothing will change. Both parties ran the ship a ground. Only 1 answered for it. The other was and is being rewarded. Partisan thinking at its worst.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:03 PM

5,319 posts, read 7,838,290 times
Quote:
I am pretty sure that Obama will not be a successful president. In a sense, we are passing the torch from one political moron (Bush) to another (Obama) because neither is the most qualified to lead anything.
Obama a moron???

A college professor of Constitutional Law

A Magna C-u-m Laude graduate of Harvard Law School

You have got to be kidding!

Bush a moron .... yes ... that I easily can see. The presidential debates were proof of that!

I predict Obama will likely be our greatest president in our lifetimes.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:10 PM

2,214 posts, read 1,722,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Obama a moron???

Bush a moron .... yes ... that I easily can see. The presidential debates were proof of that!

You forgot that Bush is a graduate of both Harvard AND Yale - two diplomas I'd guess you don't have hanging on YOUR office wall.

But yeah, the guy is a moron - because you don't like him, and you say so.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:17 PM

4,264 posts, read 8,138,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Obama a moron???

You know what I am so sick and tired of is all this "graduate of a Ivy League school" as if this makes them smarter than anyone else, wrong, I know alot of people alot smarter that Mr Obama and Mr Bush. When Obamas camp made repeated calls to my home for support I got alot of this graduate of Harvard crap, as far as I am concerned that makes him leaps and bounds away from the "common folks." Will he succeed in making our country a better place I sure as hell hope so but that the liberals on here can blame Bush for everything is wrong in our country is not being very reasonable or logical but I guess it has been proven time and again that logic doesn't reign supreme on here. Oh and when did Bush debate Obama that the debates would have proven him an idiot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or