Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 05:39 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,212,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
That is your belief that I have more opinions than facts. Keyword:BELIEF. And like I said, I did not blast away or bash anyone. Your opinion.

And the only person who repeatedly trouncing on me is you. No one else.

Act your age. This is shameful behavior for someone your age.
Maybe you should consider one of two further actions. First, perhaps you should settle down and quit bashing everyone and everything you don't like. Or, if you don't choose that option, you need to quit being a crybaby when somebody pounds your arguments into the ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 06:10 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,558,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Maybe you should consider one of two further actions. First, perhaps you should settle down and quit bashing everyone and everything you don't like. Or, if you don't choose that option, you need to quit being a crybaby when somebody pounds your arguments into the ground.
LOL!

As I said before, I have not bashed anybody. Why can't you understand that?

And no, I am not a crybaby. You never pounded ANY of my arguments into the ground.

And maybe you should pick on someone your own size.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:18 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,621,202 times
Tell me again what the topic was.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:26 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,693,865 times
Quote:
You know, I have been ignoring your posts because I feel that someone who said he is a dad would have more maturity and understanding of a younger person who is going through college. I am not saying you should be all nice to me simply because of this but I expected a logical person to think "Oh? She is only in college...maybe she has not yet seen the other side" instead of constantly picking on me. You show no logic, no understanding of any other view except for your religious view. I would expect you of all people to have some respect for other peoples opinions. Figure though. Christian-Republicans usually are like you.

Just because I said my belief of "Christmas" being celebrated, you have been shredding me apart. And I did not cry over "Christmas". I just stated that everything should NOT be shut down that day. I respect it if people want to celebrate the birth of Jesus of whatever but why should I have to take the day off especially when I am denied days off when my religions observations around?

You are always on this forum. Don't you have other things to do? Like mature and go home and be a dad instead of picking on people whose opinions differ from you? To have someone your age who claims he is a dad, you sure don't act like one. Most men I have met who are dads would not call someone that they knew was a kid (in your words) a crybaby and constantly pick on them.

Simple as this: Leave me alone. Man up. Accept the fact that others have different beliefs and that I do not celebrate "Christmas". Deal with it that all religions are equal and ALL holidays should be celebrated if "Christmas" is.

I tried to stay civil and not reply to your posts that are obviously bashing me but now you are really going too far. At least I know I have more maturity than a man who claims he is a dad.

Leave me alone or if you have to debate with me/make a point, make it more mature please.
Wow, this is pathetic. You tell me to get over it, then you go on to whine about Christmas.

Confused or Hypocritical?

And we have become so tolerant of non-Christians that I feel we have taken it way too far, so I don't know what you are talking about. Its almost grounds for suspension at schools now-a-days to mention Christmas. This is a Christian nation, and the vast majority of people are Christians. It is a national holiday because it is the religion of our founding and the religion of the vast majority of our people. I don't think Cinco de Mayo should be as important as it is in America, but i am not going to whine excessively about it like you are.

Besides, you are going WAYYYY off topic. The topic was, in case you forgot, the failed logic of liberals and their failure to give Congress any credit for this mess.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Wow, this is pathetic. You tell me to get over it, then you go on to whine about Christmas.

Confused or Hypocritical?

And we have become so tolerant of non-Christians that I feel we have taken it way too far, so I don't know what you are talking about. Its almost grounds for suspension at schools now-a-days to mention Christmas. This is a Christian nation, and the vast majority of people are Christians. It is a national holiday because it is the religion of our founding and the religion of the vast majority of our people. In God We Trust, for ever and ever in America.
It is not a Christian nation just because the vast majority of people are Christian. We are a nation of all beliefs, races and religions.

The point I was making is that if one religions holiday is recognized, all the others should be too if this country if truly a free and equal one. You all blew it up to nothing. If that is whining to you, then..too bad.

Oh yeah! You are reallllll tolerant of non Christians.

In God we Trust, you say? WE is only if WE all believed it. Sorry that I don't.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
It is not a Christian nation just because the vast majority of people are Christian. We are a nation of all beliefs, races and religions.

The point I was making is that if one religions holiday is recognized, all the others should be too if this country if truly a free and equal one. You all blew it up to nothing. If that is whining to you, then..too bad.

Oh yeah! You are reallllll tolerant of non Christians.

In God we Trust, you say? WE is only if WE all believed it. Sorry that I don't.
Sorry, I don't think our nation should abandon its roots as a Christian Nation from its conception to please the 8% of its population that may celebrate something else. You knew very well that in coming here (if you are a post-birth immigrant) that you were entering a primarily Christian nation.

There is NO OTHER NATION on this planet that has been more willing to mask its traditions to please the super-small minority. Go to any other nation where Christianity dominates and see how much more closed minded they are compared to us.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I don't think our nation should abandon its roots as a Christian Nation from its conception to please the 8% of its population that may celebrate something else. You knew very well that in coming here (if you are a post-birth immigrant) that you were entering a primarily Christian nation.

There is NO OTHER NATION on this planet that has been more willing to mask its traditions to please the super-small minority. Go to any other nation where Christianity dominates and see how much more closed minded they are compared to us.
No, I am not a post immigrant. I know very well that the vast majority of people here are Christian. All my friends are Christian and I have no problem with it. I have a problem when it is time for my religious observances to come around and I cannot take time off or get paid time and a half. Can't blame me for that.

And for how everyone always screams "We are a FREE nation and have justice and liberty for ALL' should rethink it. There are plenty of people who are left out that justice and liberty for all.

Yes, there are other nations that are tolerant and change to help the minority. Canada/Europe..etc. There are other nations on this planet that are freer and have changed as they should as time goes on.

But judging from this post, I can see you have some reasoning in you unlike other people. Thank goodness. I hope you can understand a little where I come from.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
No, I am not a post immigrant. I know very well that the vast majority of people here are Christian. All my friends are Christian and I have no problem with it. I have a problem when it is time for my religious observances to come around and I cannot take time off or get paid time and a half. Can't blame me for that.

And for how everyone always screams "We are a FREE nation and have justice and liberty for ALL' should rethink it. There are plenty of people who are left out that justice and liberty for all.

Yes, there are other nations that are tolerant and change to help the minority. Canada/Europe..etc. There are other nations on this planet that are freer and have changed as they should as time goes on.

But judging from this post, I can see you have some reasoning in you unlike other people. Thank goodness. I hope you can understand a little where I come from.
Ok, so why don't all the non-Christian immigrants start flooding into Europe and Canada if we are so racist and intolerant. That would be just fine with me.

You would think that if we were so racist, nobody would want to come here. Hmmmmm.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Ok, so why don't all the non-Christian immigrants start flooding into Europe and Canada if we are so racist and intolerant. That would be just fine with me.

You would think that if we were so racist, nobody would want to come here. Hmmmmm.
Because America is supposed to be a land for all beliefs and religions, etc, etc. Equality and freedom for all?

Hmmm.....??

Old 01-03-2009, 06:52 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,184,820 times
Quote:
Agreed.

And you really think it is JUST liberals? If that is the case, then 80 percent of the nation is Liberal since only around 20 percent approves of Bush.

Republicans=failed logic.

And I can see why people point their finger at him. He is beyond horrible and he was a shame to America. And your status, very cute. Typical of Republican crybabies.
at one point congress enjoyed only an 8% approval rating. I wonder why? Could it be that both parties are completely to blame? More energy spent sabataging each other, excuse making and finger point rather than working on solutions perhaps. And yet the partisan thinkers made sure they re-elected most of the scum bags who buried this nation.
How does Barney Frank rate a walk? Chris Dodd? Pelosi? Reid? Just to name a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections