Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 08:55 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I think he just released a statement, I dont believe he personally shot the breeze about it over ice cream as some would have it.
Republicans twist Obama's statements about Israel - War Room - Salon.com
Republicans twist Obama's statements about Israel
On Monday, the Atlantic's Web site published excerpts from an interview the magazine's Jeffrey Goldberg had done with Barack Obama a couple of days before. The published sections focused entirely on Israel, which has been a sensitive issue for Obama because of some perceptions in the Jewish community and elsewhere that he's anti-Israel. But over the course of the interview, Obama repeatedly made his support for the country clear. That, apparently, didn't satisfy House Republican leaders, who took one statement out of context to make it seem as if Obama had in fact slurred Israel.

Despite what Republicans said, Obama had made his real position evident. At one point during the interview, he told Goldberg:

I think that the idea of a secure Jewish state is a fundamentally just idea, and a necessary idea, given not only world history but the active existence of anti-Semitism, the potential vulnerability that the Jewish people could still experience ...

Not sure what they are missing my friend. It was clear to us but then we don't watch or read the same sources as others might.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
He will cynically sit back and watch Israel destroy Gaza without saying anything, and then palm it off on Bush.
Is that based on learned research or conjecture on your part?

Old 01-04-2009, 08:56 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,083,595 times
Agenda much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Republicans twist Obama's statements about Israel - War Room - Salon.com
Republicans twist Obama's statements about Israel
On Monday, the Atlantic's Web site published excerpts from an interview the magazine's Jeffrey Goldberg had done with Barack Obama a couple of days before. The published sections focused entirely on Israel, which has been a sensitive issue for Obama because of some perceptions in the Jewish community and elsewhere that he's anti-Israel. But over the course of the interview, Obama repeatedly made his support for the country clear. That, apparently, didn't satisfy House Republican leaders, who took one statement out of context to make it seem as if Obama had in fact slurred Israel.

Despite what Republicans said, Obama had made his real position evident. At one point during the interview, he told Goldberg:

I think that the idea of a secure Jewish state is a fundamentally just idea, and a necessary idea, given not only world history but the active existence of anti-Semitism, the potential vulnerability that the Jewish people could still experience ...

Not sure what they are missing my friend. It was clear to us but then we don't watch or read the same sources as others might.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Agenda much?
Nah just caught up in presenting archives for the thinking reader to disect and form their own opinion. Just wanted to know if your statement was based on archived research or personal opinion ( which is fine ) to help them form their own opinions. For those who are familiar with my posting I tend to do that both ways.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Agenda much?
Several posters asked questions which seemed to suggest they were not aware of the archived answers available so I provided them food for pondering and digestation.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:03 PM

It comes from my knowledge that the special relationship is an albatross that will prevent him from doing anything fair or constructive on that front.

Quote:
Nah just caught up in presenting archives for the thinking reader to disect and form their own opinion. Just wanted to know if your statement was based on archived research or personal opinion ( which is fine ) to help them form their own opinions. For those who are familiar with my posting I tend to do that both ways.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:07 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Agenda much?
Waiting for your answer to Post #22, and look forward to reading the articles that you will find, read, quote and link to to back up your claim.
Quote:
It comes from my knowledge that the special relationship is an albatross that will prevent him from doing anything fair or constructive on that front.
Could you back this up too, please?

Old 01-04-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
If you want a just accomodation between Israel and the Palestinians then Obama is the wrong President. I have to hope you didn't think he was.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:08 PM

Oh no, I never did. I wouldn't expect that from any US President.

Quote:
If you want a just accomodation between Israel and the Palestinians then Obama is the wrong President. I have to hope you didn't think he was.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:11 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,855 times
The morons who voted for him probably have no clue what Gaza is, so I doubt its damaging him that much.

Hey, 59% of them couldn't even say which party led the senate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections