U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-04-2009, 08:01 PM

2,522 posts, read 2,687,037 times
Default Rep. Bobby Rush weighs in on Burris appointment

Eric Zorn's column is today's Chicago Tribune is priceless. Just a few excerpts of quotes from Bobby Rush (U.S. Rep. from Illinois):

a week after Blagojevich's arrest:
"I believe that the acts that are alleged to have been committed by the governor are so heinous that he has forfeited his right to appoint anyone to fill the seat of president-elect Obama."

after Monday's news conference and Burris' appointment:
"My prayers have been answered, because I prayed fervently that the governor would continue the legacy established by president-elect Obama and that the governor would appoint an African-American to complete the term of President Obama...This is a metter of national importance. There are no African-Americans in the Senate. And I don't think that anyone, any U.S. senator who's sitting in the Senate, right now, wants to go on record to deny one African-American from being seated in the U.S. Senate."

Bobby Rush in 2003 during the U.S. Senate primary:
"I love (Obama) but I'm supporting someone who I think would be an excellent U.S. Senator," he said. "On (the) issues, Blair Hull and I make a dynamic duo...I'm going to be involved in every aspect of the campaign from the schedule of the candidate to the victory party - deciding where the victory party is going to be at."
Hull is a white multimillionaire.

"Rush stands for nothing and makes up his principles as he goes along..." Eric Zorn

Sheds a little light on the layman's inability to keep track of where Chicago politicians stand...you need a scorecard!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 08:07 PM
j33

4,625 posts, read 9,520,401 times
Bobby Rush is an idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections