Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 01:32 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Ah, naive one, you will find out soon enough. Just you wait, that's all. Soon enough, all - from the Whitey tape to the gay limo murders to defiant, open jaywalking - all will be revealed.
LOL

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 01:34 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Ah, naive one, you will find out soon enough. Just you wait, that's all. Soon enough, all - from the Whitey tape to the gay limo murders to defiant, open jaywalking - all will be revealed.
Not jaywalking!!!!

That does it, you get the rope, I'll boil up some tar and feathers.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:52 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Yes, didnt you know? In Chicago he was known as "The Jaywalking Jesus," for his hundreds of citations and his zero appearances in court. Sometimes in Springfield - a much smaller city - downtown traffic would be tied up every weekday lunch hour with Obama zigzagging madly back and forth across the streets and all the cops in town chasing him, notebooks drawn.

Never heard about THAT from the in-the-tank Obamedia, didja?!

Last edited by delusianne; 01-05-2009 at 02:01 PM..

Old 01-05-2009, 02:04 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Grace from the Bushistas? Really?

I would have made the room and told the other guests "Sorry, you have been outranked."
The other guests are "outgoing staff". They could easily stayed at hotels. I believe it is a matter of security for the incoming president to stay at a place that is more secure.

Also, how many rooms are there at the White House anyway?

Old 01-05-2009, 02:17 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,279,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The other guests are "outgoing staff". They could easily stayed at hotels. I believe it is a matter of security for the incoming president to stay at a place that is more secure.

Also, how many rooms are there at the White House anyway?
From what I understand the hotel he is staying at is very secure and I sure if it wasn't he wouldn't be there. Could we not find anything else to bash Bush on so we picked this. Surely something is happening somewhere in the world alot more upsetting than this we can bash him for. Geez let it go. Obviously the Obamas don't care they are settled in for the next 10 days in nice digs I might add.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:51 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
The Hay Adams hotel is a lot nicer than the Blair House, anyway. I don't think the Obamas are complaining one little bit.

They wanted to move early because they have little kids starting school. They asked if the traditional place to stay was available, and when they were told it was not they shrugged and said "no big deal, but it doesn't hurt to ask." Since it wasn't a big deal to them, I don't know why anybody else gives a hoot.
Exactly, the only one's complaining are the people here.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:57 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
Hmmm, they could have set up a FEMA trailer on the White House grounds for the Obamas, I suppose.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:00 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Hmmm, they could have set up a FEMA trailer on the White House grounds for the Obamas, I suppose.
LOL--actually I would have liked to have seen that happen. It would have made a point about things being different. (Or at least be good PR for future speeches... because things never end up being all that different, no matter how good intentions may be.) Plus, staying in a FEMA trailer might even give a POTUS a new perspective when a disaster strikes

Old 01-05-2009, 04:08 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
LOL--actually I would have liked to have seen that happen. It would have made a point about things being different. (Or at least be good PR for future speeches... because things never end up being all that different, no matter how good intentions may be.) Plus, staying in a FEMA trailer might even give a POTUS a new perspective when a disaster strikes
Yep, they could have gotten a whole lot of mileage out of it! It would have touched the hearts of the populace even more than the Carter family's decision to walk the parade route on Inauguration Day.

Are you listening, Obama? I could come up with a ton of poignant ploys and events for a small fee!

Old 01-05-2009, 04:51 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And the Obamas can well afford to rent hotel rooms.
I am sure the taxpayers will end up paying the hotel bill anyway!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections