U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-08-2009, 06:21 PM
 
5,396 posts, read 6,871,475 times
Reputation: 4043

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I was wondering if Obama wanted to spit his food in Bush''s face at yesterday's luncheon.
Why? If it wasn't for Bush, Obama might not be President. A well run Presidency would have led to 4 more Republican years. Obama should give him a big wet one instead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-08-2009, 06:36 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,665 posts, read 3,407,229 times
Reputation: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
. . . . In any case, the Blair House has been traditionally used by incoming Presidents due to its close proximity and already in place security. This tradition of courtesy extended to the new guy isn't written in stone but it is the dignified and graceful thing that is done. . . .
Let's be honest. The Blair House is typically provided to an incoming president on Jan 15. . . not months prior.

Speaking of the Blair House issue:
"The Bushes have been extremely accommodating to the Obama family's needs and the entire process has been smooth and friendly," one Obama transition official.

:sigh: Just more Bush bashing with no fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2009, 06:56 PM
 
Location: Moose Jaw, in between the Moose's butt and nose.
4,967 posts, read 7,297,379 times
Reputation: 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Let's be honest. The Blair House is typically provided to an incoming president on Jan 15. . . not months prior.

Speaking of the Blair House issue:
"The Bushes have been extremely accommodating to the Obama family's needs and the entire process has been smooth and friendly," one Obama transition official.

:sigh: Just more Bush bashing with no fact.
Then they're being way too kind to W the thug.
Obama better look out. W and Cheney are low down dirty snakes. I would not be shocked if W declared martial law on the 19th, tried something to make him and Cheney stay and/or attack Iran and hand it over to Obama, who is very much against that.
Daddy Bush knows a lot about one assassination plot already, W is probably worried about war crimes, election theft and eventual jail.....seeing how Daddy might have gotten away with one assassination....hhm?
I hope he's not that sick, he'd still have to deal with Biden.
Milfuegos: The JFK assassination and Bush's refusal to extradite Posada Carriles to Venezuela? All three were in Dallas that day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2009, 07:27 PM
 
268 posts, read 367,020 times
Reputation: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Why? If it wasn't for Bush, Obama might not be President. A well run Presidency would have led to 4 more Republican years. Obama should give him a big wet one instead

a well run Republican presidency is an oxymoron, at least since Eisenhower or Lincoln
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2009, 08:17 PM
 
26,297 posts, read 17,193,094 times
Reputation: 10273
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Then they're being way too kind to W the thug.
Obama better look out. W and Cheney are low down dirty snakes. I would not be shocked if W declared martial law on the 19th, tried something to make him and Cheney stay and/or attack Iran and hand it over to Obama, who is very much against that.
Daddy Bush knows a lot about one assassination plot already, W is probably worried about war crimes, election theft and eventual jail.....seeing how Daddy might have gotten away with one assassination....hhm?
I hope he's not that sick, he'd still have to deal with Biden.
Milfuegos: The JFK assassination and Bush's refusal to extradite Posada Carriles to Venezuela? All three were in Dallas that day

They are a crime family, plain and simple. Cheney is not human as far as I am concerned. I put nothing past these creatures that have a sociopathic disorder as part of their DNA. Reptilian DNA. Bush knows that there are many people that want justice served. People think that he is going to remain in Texas. I believe that he will spend most of his time in Paraguay where he purchased that enormous piece of property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2009, 08:59 PM
j33
 
4,625 posts, read 12,846,298 times
Reputation: 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdestroyedlife View Post
because him and his croonies stole the 2000 and 2004 elections and basically turned this country into a **** hole the last 8 years
Now, now, I'm no fan of Bush (I never voted for him, marched against the Iraq war, and vocally opposed much of what he stood for) but he isn't the despot that many claim. Yes, the US has faired poorly under his administration, but we'll be fine. If you want to see the true destruction of a nation under a despot, check out Zimbabwe. Bush's historical legacy, I predict, will be that of an unfortunately poor performing president of a democratic country, nothing more, nothing less. If the Blair house wasn't booked and Bush is just being petty and childish, then the joke is on him, and him alone. I highly doubt the Obamas had a difficult time finding luxury accommodations in DC, and will give this slight inconvenience much thought after they move into the White House in a couple of weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2009, 01:33 AM
 
1,992 posts, read 3,727,892 times
Reputation: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Yeah, I was outraged with the FISA bill. Enjoy your false sense of security.

I haven't been attacked by bears for twenty something odd years, I guess I should thank the government for that one as well.
The simple truth is that most presidents have made it 8 years without a major attack on the US. One happened when Bush was president; so, in my opinion, he has not kept us safe. Remember when we were attacked, he went back in a classroom to see how My Pet Goat ended before taking any action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2009, 06:07 AM
 
2,214 posts, read 1,720,331 times
Reputation: 371
What a bunch of sniveling, whining crybaby liberals.

The President Elect does not get into Blair House until January 15th. Anything earlier than that is a token courtesy, extended by the White House staff.

Considering how insulting and derogatory Obama has been to Bush during the entire campaign, it is absurd for anybody from the Obama Team to be so deluded as to think they SHOULD receive any special favors from Bush.


All you whiners need to grow up and shut up. Not that you're going to, mind you, but you should.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2009, 06:38 AM
 
878 posts, read 1,883,325 times
Reputation: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
The simple truth is that most presidents have made it 8 years without a major attack on the US. One happened when Bush was president; so, in my opinion, he has not kept us safe. Remember when we were attacked, he went back in a classroom to see how My Pet Goat ended before taking any action.
Really? There were no attacks on the US during Clinton's administration?

Maybe you're forgetting the first bombing of the WTC. Or Oklahoma City.

How about during Carter's 4 years? In 1979 Iranian terrorists invaded US soil, took hostages, while Carter wrung his hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2009, 07:37 AM
 
Location: Home is where the heart is
15,400 posts, read 25,774,950 times
Reputation: 18989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Considering how insulting and derogatory Obama has been to Bush during the entire campaign, it is absurd for anybody from the Obama Team to be so deluded as to think they SHOULD receive any special favors from Bush.
It's not really a "special favor" to the Obamas, more like a favor to the taxpayers who pick up the tab. Why should the Obamas care if it's Blair House or Hay Adams? One way or the other they're in temporary housing for a few days.

I realize a hotel bill is peanuts compared to the war expenses or the bailouts. But it's typical of Bush, isn't it--wasting the public's money just for the cheap thrill of being petty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:39 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top