Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 11:31 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,604,870 times

Advertisements

Why oh why after 3 months are people still harping on Sarah Palin? IMO its almost like some of these posters have a sick obsession with her. I mean McCain and her LOST THE ELECTION!!! The conservatives have gotten over it, why havent the liberals?
I used to be mostly a liberal until this last election. The actions of the liberals since the Democratic National Convention have totally turned me off. Some of them sound like 12 year olds in a school playground shouting, "na na na na na na".

GROW UP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 11:44 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,198,450 times
Why was the GOP obsessed with Sarah Palin?

Right now, she's driving the publicity. She seeks out interviews and puts her opinions out there. She thinks her flowering career in the GOP requires her to do what she's doing.

And in the longer run, I think that's a great thing. Two years from now, and again four years from now, I'll do my best to remind people that the GOP was the party who thought Sarah Palin was qualified for something more important than City Council. Both she and GWBush are dead-weight anchors that I want permanently hung around the GOP's neck.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:50 PM

799 posts, read 1,439,563 times
People should just leave Palin alone. I don't care about Sarah Palin and neither do other sane people. Some of you Palin haters really need some professional help. You have an unhealthy obsession with Palin. I'm not saying that to be mean. I'm saying that because you need help. I'm sure there are a lot of people that care about you, do it for them if not for yourself.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:51 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,039,277 times
There's another thread with practically the same title from a couple of days ago, also started by a right-winger. (Not TuborgP's news thread from today.) Maybe the mods can merge them.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:00 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,574,011 times
Palin continues to hold press interviews & is making lame excuses that her campaign handlers lost the election for her screw-ups. Only the GOP can make her go away & sadly some Republicans actually like Sarah Palin for her semi-stupidly & outrageous beliefs. Palin will likely get more GOP attention & thus continue Republican's downward spiral into oblivion [no complaints there

Old 01-09-2009, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
There's another thread with practically the same title from a couple of days ago, also started by a right-winger. (Not TuborgP's news thread from today.) Maybe the mods can merge them.

I am far from being a right winger. I am just sick of the liberals making fun of her for no legitimate reason. So what shes a little dingy! Its better than being a blatant liar, who tricked 62 million people into voting for them.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:04 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,846,853 times
I would not call it an obsession. I'd call it more of a fascination. She's so average. No Ivy league schools like Bush and Obama. Governor of state with the population smaller than some U.S. cities. I'm not saying it's good or bad, but most of our national leaders are either born into money or graduates of the best universities or both, like in Bush's case. Bush often portrays himself as a "regular" guy, romping around his ranch, clearing brush. But that's far from the true. He's from a very wealthy family. The Kennebunkport oceanfront compound has been in the family for 100 years and is worth millions. He went to Harvard business school. Sarah has such a different background. Much more similar to most Americans. Just wanted to explain that it's not an obsession. It's more of a case of looking at and her and wondering, "why and how did she get chosen to run for VP?"

Old 01-09-2009, 12:14 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,198,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
I am far from being a right winger ... Its better than being a blatant liar, who tricked 62 million people into voting for them.
I don't believe you.

She's doing all these interviews for a reason. She's the one jumping up and down, shouting "Look at me!" She's the one who thinks she has a future as the leader of the GOP. She has a freakin' fan club in the GOP, for crying out loud.

You're going to blame the left for that? We're obsessed with her? I've already told you - we're obsessed with the thought that the GOP is so bloody insane that they'd run Palin, Bush, and McCain. You will hear those names for many years to come.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
You will hear those names for many years to come.
I'm looking forward to it.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:57 AM

36,933 posts, read 18,816,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
I am far from being a right winger. I am just sick of the liberals making fun of her for no legitimate reason. So what shes a little dingy! Its better than being a blatant liar, who tricked 62 million people into voting for them.
I think you meant 'vacuous" instead of "dingy".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections