U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Was The WORST Democrat To LOSE The Election?
Hubert Humphrey 3 5.66%
George McGovern 2 3.77%
Jimmy Carter (vs Reagan) 7 13.21%
Walter Mondale 8 15.09%
Michael Dukakis 15 28.30%
Al Gore 6 11.32%
John Kerry 8 15.09%
Other 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 12:22 PM

11,435 posts, read 16,432,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
Remember when Bush did it on the Navy boat with the banner that said "Mission Accomplished"? Lol.
man, i just can't rep you enough!! my vote went to walter mondale. I gasped when he said in one of the debates that he would definitely raise taxes. That is political suicide. george w bought the Presidency with all of his talk about lowering taxes for families, losing the marriage penalty, tax credits just for having kids, etc. we have been in a "race to the bottom" since then to see which candidate can throw the most money at his constituencies. obama is doing the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 12:35 PM

18,061 posts, read 10,090,091 times
When Bernard Shaw asked Dukakis about the death penalty if his wife was raped and murdered, and Dukakis didn't reply that he would have saved the taxpayers a lot of money and ripped the heart out of the perp himself and eaten it raw, he lost me completely.

I'm a peaceful man, but I would personally skin any SOB with a dull knife who touched my family, and roll him in salt afterward.

What a flaming Wimp. Thanks God he didn't get elected.

YouTube - Dukakis-Bush debate: death penalty

Old 01-10-2009, 12:41 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,584,561 times
Lyndon Baines Johnson (Democrat, Texas)

This guy condemned thousands of men to die in Viet Nam because he did not want to be the first president to "loose a war"....while at the same time not letting our guys do what they needed to do to WIN....
LBJ INVENTED the concept of "owning defeat"....

Old 01-10-2009, 12:52 PM

2,015 posts, read 4,997,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post

This guy condemned thousands of men to die in Viet Nam because he did not want to be the first president to "loose a war"....while at the same time not letting our guys do what they needed to do to WIN....
I'd say LBJ as well ... he didn't run for re-election in '68 as he knew it was a mess and instead opted to stay in bed and watch the riots on TV. LBJ once got a 16 century priceless painting from the Pope and in return gave the Pope a bust of himself, talk about an egomaniac. He signed the gulf of tonkin resolution sending young men to die for the military industrial complex. I do recognize his achievements in passing the Civil Rights Act but if we were to pinpoint where our government became so big and corrupt today it would start from a chain from LBJ all the way down to today Bush where all these presidents have been rather global and capitalistic-imperalists.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:11 PM

4,433 posts, read 3,914,519 times
A whole host comes to mind.

Barack is bad.

Hillary is bad.

Pelosi is bad.

Harry Reid is bad.

Barney Frank is bad.

That _____ from Florida is bad.

Kerry is bad.

Gore is bad.

The Kennedys are bad.

Carter is bad.

Al Franken is bad.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:03 PM

2,968 posts, read 2,625,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
A whole host comes to mind.

Barack is bad.

Hillary is bad.

Pelosi is bad.

Harry Reid is bad.

Barney Frank is bad.

That _____ from Florida is bad.

Kerry is bad.

Gore is bad.

The Kennedys are bad.

Carter is bad.

Al Franken is bad.
Wow, what a nice objective opinion there....I thought the OP provided a list of Presidents from which to conclude who were the worst. As demonstrated here, a lot folks on the right need a brain transplant....

Old 01-10-2009, 02:06 PM

16,248 posts, read 21,270,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
Remember when Bush did it on the Navy boat with the banner that said "Mission Accomplished"? Lol.
Yes but Bush is a Republican and that kind of low life behaviour is expected of them. And Bush did "serve"- at least sort of.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:09 PM

16,248 posts, read 21,270,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post

True but LBJ also did lots of good things for the country too. I did not include him because he never actually "lost" an election although you could argue by choosing not to run again, he effectively lost one.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:15 PM

8,062 posts, read 16,186,770 times
DEFINITELY Dukakis. What a dud he was! I couldn't stand him and I actually can't remember if I ended up voting for him. I really held my nose and sighed when I cast my vote for John Kerry.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:26 PM

4,433 posts, read 3,914,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
As demonstrated here, a lot folks on the right need a brain transplant....
I would rather have a brain transplant with my current ( Blue Cross / Blue Shield ) health insurance than to stand in line under Barack's plan for substandard snake charmer health care.

Ya know.... Brain transplants don't matter if you keep hopping up that said brain on Seattle ideas and tofu.

And I'll be damned if I'll stop eating fish, just because PETA thinks I should be all huggy. They can expect that I will eat MORE fish.

Democrats and their folly. Whipping up global warming lies. The time is right for Al Gore to write another book. "Global Cooling". He'll blame Detroit...and get another Nobel prize. For being an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or