Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2009, 11:42 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times

Advertisements

On CNN with Wolf Blitzer this morning:

Quote:
Cheney: "It has been publicly acknowledged that we did use waterboarding, that we did it on three different individuals. I believe it was Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, and Abu Zubaida, and one other, I think al-Nashiri. Those three individuals were subjected to waterboarding during the course of their interrogations, but that's it."

Blitzer: "I've always been perplexed that if it's so good - it's so useful - there are bad guys out there right now, why not continue to use it?"

Cheney: "Well, you don't use it on somebody because he's a bad guy. What we were attempting to do and what we did was to pursuade these individuals who had a lot of intelligence and information about Al-Qaeda - remember, we captured Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in, I think it was spring, March of '03 in Kharachi, at the time, we didn't know a lot about Al-Qaeda. On 9/11 we didn't know a lot about Al-Qaeda. If Dick Clarke was such an expert, how come he didn't have all this information about Al-Qaeda when he was running the counterterrorism program?"
Is Cheney the biggest scumbucket in the entire US Government, or what? The gall of that man, who has never been right about Al-Qaeda in his life, to be throwing school-girl-like insults at a guy who was right. I can't believe that we have such a creepy, disgusting, pathetic piece of scum in the VP's office. The nine days he has left is nine days too many. The sooner we impeach his @** the better.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:47 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
The nine days he has left is nine days too many. The sooner we impeach his @** the better.
Oh yeah that's the solution, spend more taxpayer dollars to do something that is totally pointless.
If it bothers you so much that Bush and Cheney STILL have 9 days to go, here are a few things you could do to try and forget it.....

Turn off your TV
Turn off your Radio
Don't read any media publications
Don't get on the internet or CD
Take a vacation
Get totally sloshed until Inaugaration Day
Moderator cut: rude!

Last edited by katzenfreund; 01-11-2009 at 01:19 PM..

Old 01-11-2009, 11:52 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Oh yeah that's the solution, spend more taxpayer dollars to do something that is totally pointless.
I'm curious if you made this argument during the Clinton impeachment.

Also, the impeachment can and should happen after he leaves office. And I do believe that part of the purpose of spending taxpayer dollars is to achieve justice. People who violate the law should be arrested, charged, and convicted. Sorry that you think of that as a pointless goal.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:57 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I'm curious if you made this argument during the Clinton impeachment.

Also, the impeachment can and should happen after he leaves office. And I do believe that part of the purpose of spending taxpayer dollars is to achieve justice. People who violate the law should be arrested, charged, and convicted. Sorry that you think of that as a pointless goal.

Actually I also thought it was pointless for Clinton too, given the circumstances.
Honestly I doubt there will be any more investigation on any of those matters, and even if there are, the powers that be will end up covering stuff up so there are no arrest or convictions.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:37 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,824,546 times
I wonder why he is so talking friendly now that the end is near. Something is up and I bet involves Rumsfield, Cheney and GWB.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:24 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
I wonder why he is so talking friendly now that the end is near. Something is up and I bet involves Rumsfield, Cheney and GWB.
Cheney is gotta be one of the worst human beings alive. Thankfully we only have 9 days left of this pitiful soul. The countdown is definitely on....

Old 01-11-2009, 01:25 PM

5,167 posts, read 11,434,314 times
No personal attacks please!

forum rules, please read them

Old 01-11-2009, 01:30 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
No personal attacks please!
I been put TXTwizter on ignore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections