Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 06:46 AM

409 posts, read 1,234,366 times

Advertisements

In true liberal form, you miss the point. I won't bother trying to explain it to you - it won't help and, quite frankly, I don't have the time or patience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 08:28 AM

2,971 posts, read 2,244,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
That's so funny- waiting to hear it on Leno.

17 parking tickets- OMG......!

Thank you for putting it all in perspective for me. 17 PARKING TICKETS while a college student. That it the litmus test I will use when making my choice for the next leader of the greatest country of the free world.

Thank you so much for helping me to be a better American.
Some people just have lower standards than others. . .

Old 01-20-2008, 10:49 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,555,257 times
Default RE Obama's lack of character?

Wake up America!!!! what does it matter if he did or didnot pay the parking ticket . (what a smoke screen ) the important issues are did he uphold the Constitution of the United States as , a senator . And weill he or for that matter any one that wins uphold the Constitution on a daily basis , OR WILL IT BE BUSINESS as usual . They all talk about change . This would be the first thing that will really bring the change that we need from the government officials

Old 01-20-2008, 10:57 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,922,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyandMarried View Post
In the typical "the rules don't apply to me, I'm a Democrat" fashion, it appears that Mr. Obama finally paid his outstanding parking tickets - from the 1980s!!!

Obama received 17 parking tickets in Cambridge between 88 and 91, mostly for parking in a bus stop, parking without a resident permit and failing to pay the meter, records from the Cambridge Traffic, Parking and Transportation office show.

FOXNews.com - Obama Pays Harvard $375 for Outstanding Parking Tickets - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Anyone care to comment on Mr. Obama's "the rules don't apply to me" attitude?

How about him paying up two weeks before announcing his run for the Presidency? Makes you think that he would have never paid had he not decided to run - doesn't it?

Just another example of the Democratic Mantra - "The rules for the regular public don't apply to us - we are above that".

so what? parking tickets are just another "tax" that we are forced to pay for parking on our own streets, which are already paid for thru taxes and fees. when you live in a city environment, you are constantly harassed by lack of appropriate signage that indicates that the parking is illegal in addition to overzealous meter maids who write tickets without mercy. i'm glad that he went so long without paying those tickets. i must also say that the costs of those parking tickets was very low compared to most cities that i'm familiar with.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:07 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,511,513 times
wow Obama didn't pay his parking tickets, such bad morals! I guess Dubya hiding a DUI until the media busted him is ok though by you right wing moralists.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:24 PM
NCN

21,661 posts, read 25,497,207 times
I would think those parking tickets would just be a tip of the iceberg.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:54 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,039,217 times
If you think that parking tickets are indicative of some sort of insidious character flaw, you've obviously never dealt with the insanity known as 'parking enforcement' here in Chicago, or in Boston.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:59 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,109,230 times
fines are something us peons pay.
How dare we expect people in a higher class to follow the same rules as us peons.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:37 AM

620 posts, read 1,768,060 times
I don't know much about the guy, but there's got to be better dirt to dish than this, no?

Old 01-21-2008, 09:44 AM

8,438 posts, read 12,118,068 times
Default Parking Tickets

Do any of you folks remember that college football star and actor Ed Marinaro could not go back to Cornell for team reunions because there was a warrant for his arrest in Ithaca due to unpaid parking tickets? A local alum paid for 'em; Ed never did.

Further, in order to become a member of the IL bar, Obama would have to pay all his local parking tickets. I guess the Cambridge ones just did not come up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections