U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 01:28 AM

22,120 posts, read 26,445,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
That none of you can see that shows how out of touch the conservative movement is with the American people. They never bought either one of your statements.
No none can rewrite history. When anyone says "Not God Bless America, God D--- America," he or she IS anti-American.
And Ayers is a proven former domestic terrorist.

Anyone who thinks these two characters are "fine human beings" really needs to find some other heros!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 04:58 AM

16,328 posts, read 9,162,825 times
Here's a little article from CNN this A.M. on this very subject:

Palin's media battle raises eyebrows

"Departing from a historical trend of failed vice presidential candidates who descend into relative obscurity after Election Day, Palin continues to command the intense media coverage that befits a national office seeker.
It's an astonishing development, given that she has no role in national domestic policy and is a first-term governor of a state almost 4,500 miles from Washington."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/01/14/palins-media-battle-raises-eyebrows/

Old 01-15-2009, 06:52 AM

5,032 posts, read 5,381,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
No none can rewrite history. When anyone says "Not God Bless America, God D--- America," he or she IS anti-American.
And Ayers is a proven former domestic terrorist.

Anyone who thinks these two characters are "fine human beings" really needs to find some other heros!
You're in a small minority with these beliefs. It must be really frustrating, since you seem to think it's sooooo obvious. Why can't anyone else see it? What's so hard about it?

It must feel like you're going insane.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:58 AM

41,506 posts, read 49,232,381 times
I do not have to agree with your saying "God Damn America” but I have to support your right to say it. Expressing the politically disagreeable things is what the First Amendment is all about. Protecting the First is what the Second is about.

OP - I really hope Palin runs in 2012. She is the last, best hope for the brainless.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:02 AM

16,449 posts, read 21,348,402 times
Maybe by 2012 she'll be president of Alaska!
Opinion : Vote for independence is sorely needed - Frontiersman (http://frontiersman.com/articles/2009/01/15/opinion/letters/doc496c390012671604583705.txt - broken link)

Old 01-15-2009, 08:18 AM

11,106 posts, read 12,732,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I do not have to agree with your saying "God Damn America” but I have to support your right to say it. Expressing the politically disagreeable things is what the First Amendment is all about. Protecting the First is what the Second is about.

OP - I really hope Palin runs in 2012. She is the last, best hope for the brainless.
I agree with your entire post.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:07 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,831,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
She's quite adapt at lying through her teeth, not paying attention to what is going on in the world and completing missing the point of others remarks. When President-elect Obama told the press that families were off limits, he specifically said Palin's family was off limits. In her Ziegler interview, she misquotes him to infer he was only asking his family be off limits.

I wish she would run in 2012! We're garuanteed a Democrat in office for the next 8 years!
Now was it that? Or was she saying the MEDIA only held Obama's family as off-limits?

Old 01-15-2009, 10:09 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,831,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Hooray! Fear mongering!

Both parties use it. Get real.

How about Obama saying everything will get worse before it gets better. Congress saying that they must pass the bailouts NOW before the everything collapses.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:31 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,631,201 times
I've already seen 'Palin 2012' bumper stickers pop up around my town. Always on giant SUVs with the driver talking on her cell phone. I've also seen stickers with an 'O' and a cross through it (kind of like the 'W' with a cross through it for Bush)...and he's not even the President yet!!

And regarding the 'God Damn America' issue.. I might be in the minority here, but I'm glad he said it. When I heard that for the first time it made me a little angry, then it made me realize that he was completly right... instead of sitting around on our collective asses creating more enemies than allies we should be using that as constructive criticism to make this country better. Quite pretending America is all sunshine and rainbows, because it isn't. I love this country, I do... but I'm beginning to lose my pride and confidence in it. Hopefully soon others will see this too, and things will change.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:40 AM

5,032 posts, read 5,381,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Both parties use it. Get real.

How about Obama saying everything will get worse before it gets better. Congress saying that they must pass the bailouts NOW before the everything collapses.
Are you totally incapable of seeing the difference? The economy is collapsing. It is appropriate to discuss the options and the urgency.

Fear mongering refers to other things: Obama will invoke shiara law! Obama's in league with terrorists! We need to attack Iraq now - they have WMDs! Social Security needs to be fixed this instant! Or in this case, ELOrocks17 claiming that Obama is going to cause mass deaths.

There's a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or