U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-15-2009, 03:03 PM
 
42,645 posts, read 46,451,578 times
Reputation: 13363

Advertisements

What he is saying is what Bush has come up aginst in trying to get rid of many prisoners. Their respective country eith r don't want them or will execute them if they get them back. Saying your going to close it and actaully doing it is another thing altogether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-15-2009, 03:08 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,665 posts, read 2,334,493 times
Reputation: 577
Amusing to see you guys freak out when finding Obama's own AG states that we can't close Gitmo until finding a place for the terrorists.

"I'd like to end Guantanamo. I'd like it to be over with." - George Bush

So Obama appears to be following Bush's policy lead. Both want it closed and both appear to be prepared to keeping it open. Perhaps Obama just HOPES to close it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 03:15 PM
 
31,385 posts, read 18,333,952 times
Reputation: 14448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OP poster loses all credibility ...

You can't lose what you never had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 03:20 PM
 
21,001 posts, read 12,188,541 times
Reputation: 5901
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Amusing to see you guys freak out when finding Obama's own AG states that we can't close Gitmo until finding a place for the terrorists.

"I'd like to end Guantanamo. I'd like it to be over with." - George Bush

So Obama appears to be following Bush's policy lead. Both want it closed and both appear to be prepared to keeping it open. Perhaps Obama just HOPES to close it.
Please post some proof that Obama has stated that keeping Guantanamo open is "the right thing to do".

Please post proof(ya know, like in FACTS) that Obama said it would stay open.....lies prove nothing.



Backpedaling doesn't cut it. PERHAPS you HOPE you'll be believed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 04:15 PM
 
Location: Mount Dora, FL
1,546 posts, read 1,348,344 times
Reputation: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
You guys can spin yourselves dizzy but the fact remains Obama is now saying Gitmo will stay open. Even Bush wanted to close it. . . Obama and his followers are finding real life a little more difficult to deal with than campaign platitudes.

And I agree with Obama in that keeping it open is the right thing to do.
You are taking 'spin' to new heights....You saying this is like me telling you that this forum called City-Data doesn't really exist....Your suggestion has no legs, none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 07:15 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,665 posts, read 2,334,493 times
Reputation: 577
You guys are going to need meds if getting this worked up over your man's campaign deceptions. Fact is Obama's AG nominee now states that closing Gitmo is going to take some time. . . a position identical to Bush's. I'm agreeing with Obama that this is the correct thing to do. . . keep it open until we find appropriate places for the terrorists. . . hope that someone takes them.

Same old, same old but now we can all hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 07:37 AM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
16,074 posts, read 14,020,799 times
Reputation: 4906
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
You guys are going to need meds if getting this worked up over your man's campaign deceptions. Fact is Obama's AG nominee now states that closing Gitmo is going to take some time. . . a position identical to Bush's. I'm agreeing with Obama that this is the correct thing to do. . . keep it open until we find appropriate places for the terrorists. . . hope that someone takes them.

Same old, same old but now we can all hope.
What a bunch of bull.
It is NOT the same position as Bush.
Bush said he wanted to close Gitmo but did NOTHING to make it happen.
Obama is going to issue the order to MAKE IT HAPPEN.
If it takes time, it takes time - but UNTIL the President orders it to happen NOTHING will happen.

Bush had no intention of making it happen - and was just paying lip service.
Obama will make it happen.

That's pretty darned different.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 07:40 AM
 
1,994 posts, read 2,692,564 times
Reputation: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
What a bunch of bull.
It is NOT the same position as Bush.
Bush said he wanted to close Gitmo but did NOTHING to make it happen.
Obama is going to issue the order to MAKE IT HAPPEN.
If it takes time, it takes time - but UNTIL the President orders it to happen NOTHING will happen.

Bush had no intention of making it happen - and was just paying lip service.
Obama will make it happen.

That's pretty darned different.

Ken
Yes, and Bush was paying lip service AFTER Obama made his statements that it should be closed. He was just trying to get on the positive side of things when he saw how Obama's statements were perceived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 07:42 AM
 
Location: Road Warrior
2,016 posts, read 3,630,416 times
Reputation: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
Yes, and Bush was paying lip service AFTER Obama made his statements that it should be closed. He was just trying to get on the positive side of things when he saw how Obama's statements were perceived.
Bush horrible actor, one agenda; Obama great actor, same agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2010, 08:26 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,665 posts, read 2,334,493 times
Reputation: 577
pssst. It's been over a year. Gitmo still open. . . . wah hahahahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:51 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top