Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 02:23 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,291,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Pardon me, but did you read this article?

The first sentence of the article says:

Attorney General-designate Eric Holder said Thursday that the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, will be closed after President-elect Obama takes office, but not as soon as the administration would like.

So, the title of this thread is not only wrong, it claims the exact opposite of what Holder actually said. Holder did not say Gitmo will "stay open" he said it will, indeed, be closed. "Taking more time" is not the same as reversing course.
well, it refers to the Pres elect for one thing: I think we might consider the story a little outdated for starters. I certainly do not support much of what Obama says or does or anything about Holder, but this is plain rediculous. it has nothing to do with what will or will not happen..

NIt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections