Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2009, 02:03 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's interesting that the Republican Party has almost been transformed into a party of people who are anti-education. They don't like universities or the people who are employed by them, they don't like newspapers or magazines that require anything above a 5th-grade reading level, they don't like scientific discoveries or research about human sexuality or stem-cell research, etc.

I'm so glad McCain/Palin lost. Eight years of the anti-intellectual mindset was more than enough for me and for the rest of the country.
YUP!!!!! Sad but true...

Old 01-16-2009, 02:20 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,145,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
YUP!!!!! Sad but true...
One of my problems with NCLB and all of the testing we are doing with our kids is that multiple choice tests can only efficiently test facts. They do not easily test critical thinking. Since most of the testing is simple facts, our students are not learning higher level thinking skills. THey will make great burger flippers, custodians, street repairman (and I am not demeaning those skills). I believe that is part of the agenda--to create people who will vote for a party without thinking.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:26 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,777,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmyGrace View Post
Yes...it is too much to think that anyone who voted for hussein actually formed their own opinion if that individual learned about their candidate from the leftist mainstream media. And, if said individuals actually had the wherewithal to do their own investigation into b. hussein's scary background and still voted for him, then they should not have been allowed to vote.

And no, you lefties do not respect anyone's views if they are not the same as yours. Additionally, in leftie speak "shades of grey" is code for a complete lack of moral fortitude and acceptance of anything that is an affront to decency, freedom, religion and family.
Spare me that garbage ... I tried to be respectful and polite even though your words show what kind of person you are.

And, I am not a "lefty".

Old 01-16-2009, 02:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmyGrace View Post
Yes...it is too much to think that anyone who voted for hussein actually formed their own opinion if that individual learned about their candidate from the leftist mainstream media. And, if said individuals actually had the wherewithal to do their own investigation into b. hussein's scary background and still voted for him, then they should not have been allowed to vote.

And no, you lefties do not respect anyone's views if they are not the same as yours. Additionally, in leftie speak "shades of grey" is code for a complete lack of moral fortitude and acceptance of anything that is an affront to decency, freedom, religion and family.

And finally...you seem to indicate that none of the things in my second paragraph matter to you sad little lefties, does it? How chilling and sad. But then again, it should come as no surprise. When confronted with the truth you simply roll your eyes and bury your collective heads in the sand. After all, the guy did give a great speech. Now there's a reason to elect someone president.
As ottoscotto, I try to be respectful. But your mockery of Obama by making fun of his name shows that you are not respectful. Why make fun of someone b/c of the name their parents gave them? Also, calling people "lefties" is disrespectful. Before you worry about the splinter in someoen else's eye, take care of the beam in your own, as the Bible says.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:51 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,777,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
But your mockery of Obama by making fun of his name shows that you are not respectful. Why make fun of someone b/c of the name their parents gave them? Also, calling people "lefties" is disrespectful. Before you worry about the splinter in someoen else's eye, take care of the beam in your own, as the Bible says.
I don't think calling people lefties is disrespectful (I'm not PC in the least). I just happen to not be a lefty as Emmy tried to imply in a childish manner. I support Obama and voted for him, but am not a full-fleged liberal or a "lefty". I happen to be quite middle of the road on most things. But yes, the world would be a much better place if people practiced the last sentence.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:03 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plovedupont View Post
See very well put and I respect that. Personally I dont hope she runs in 2012. I dont really care for her that much but I do care that she is treated as the rest. If that makes sense. I do feel that she was treated unfairly
For someone seeking one of the highest offices in America, much less to be prepared to take over the highest office, taking up challenges and proving to the world that they are indeed ready, instead of looking for excuses, matters. And given her recent comments, she continuing to do so. It just looks childish.

May be, GOP was unfair by putting her on the scene and as a foreign and energy policy expert. Every time she opened her mouth on the subject, something strange, sometimes incomprehensible and often unbelievable came out of her mouth.

She can talk endlessly if given a set of talking points. Anything else... Well we have seen how that goes.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:05 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
I do feel that she was treated unfairly
Karma, perhaps?

Considering the way she has treated others, particularly those who have opposed her in AK, she has no right to whine about anything.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
I don't think calling people lefties is disrespectful (I'm not PC in the least). I just happen to not be a lefty as Emmy tried to imply in a childish manner. I support Obama and voted for him, but am not a full-fleged liberal or a "lefty". I happen to be quite middle of the road on most things. But yes, the world would be a much better place if people practiced the last sentence.
In the case I quoted, I believe "leftie" way used disrespectfully, as a mockery. But I agree. No one should be ashamed of their beliefs, or afraid to be "labeled" as such if they are left of center.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:57 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Karma, perhaps?

Considering the way she has treated others, particularly those who have opposed her in AK, she has no right to whine about anything.
She's proof what goes around comes around. Sarah should be thanking God moose don't know how to shoot rifles.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:59 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Promoting lies I can only look forward to the lies that will be told about Obama.
Ya know if you spent less time 'researching' how Obama has the whole country hypnotized, how Obama is NOT a natural born citizen, how Obama is supposedly a Muslim, etc. and actually checked every single item that I posted, you would see they are not lies. When McCain, who I had originally thought might get my vote, picked her. I researched Palin. The majority of the information was 'pre-VP' pick information that was not 'manipulated' by the lberal press. The fact that I am actually living in Alaska also means I know a bit about what is going on in Alaska government

But, believe what you want. As for me, I prefer not to live wearing a tinfoil cap, bedazzeled by Her Royal Hindness Sarah Palin.

Last edited by Siouxcia; 01-16-2009 at 06:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections