Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2009, 05:17 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Because she is not afraid of them. Unlike McCain...and yes even Bush...She would face the liberals, not pander to them like alot of other Repubs did and still do. That is what alot of Conservatives were rooting for her, because she can be counted on to speak her mind...not kow-tow to hatespeech libs
I think you pretty much nailed it. This is also the reason that they hate Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and other conservative voices.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:18 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Because she is not afraid of them. Unlike McCain...and yes even Bush...She would face the liberals, not pander to them like alot of other Repubs did and still do. That is what alot of Conservatives were rooting for her, because she can be counted on to speak her mind...not kow-tow to hatespeech libs
Yay! Another Palin thread!
You wouldn't be one that was complaining she was talked about too much, right?

Because there is no news or facts in your post. Looks more like you are simply trolling.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:25 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
The reason why liberals and many others don't like Palin is because she is transparent. She blatantly panders to her base by spouting half-truths and misinformation. No one is afraid of her. Those who feel any fear are those who are afraid her message will make sense to the unsuspecting, those who don't see her for what she really is. I'm not being partisan here. These kinds of soulless scum exist on every side of the aisle, some even change colors! Palin needs to go back to Alaska where she can disappear into the igloo trash that voted her into office. America can--and must--do better.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:42 PM

1,627 posts, read 6,504,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmyGrace View Post
So true, so true. The little lefties are all for preserving the lives of those upstanding rapists and murderers on death row, yet the life of an unborn child is irrelevent.
Don't assume all liberals support every single cause on the left w/o thought. I would hope you don't do that on the right either. I'm pro-choice and I"m pro-capital punishment. I don't agree with higher taxes for the wealthy. Yet I do consider myself liberal. I take a look at every candidate each election and vote for whomever is most closely aligned with the majority of my beliefs, with the most emphasis on issues I consider "key issues". For the last 8 years, that has been a Democrat. For the forseeable future, that will be a Democrat. When the religious right and the republicans part ways (among other things), I will perhaps reconsider. Nothing is black and white. I hope you don't just vote party line and buy into everything "your party" says. I hope you evaluate and look with a critical eye to not only "the other" party, but yours as well.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:43 PM

1,627 posts, read 6,504,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I think you pretty much nailed it. This is also the reason that they hate Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and other conservative voices.
I'm sorry, when exactly did she face the liberals? Would that be when she sat face to face with Katie Couric? When she embarrassed herself on SNL? Or was there some other time she "stood up to" liberals I somehow missed?

Old 01-16-2009, 05:46 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogandtoad View Post
I'm sorry, when exactly did she face the liberals? Would that be when she sat face to face with Katie Couric? When she embarrassed herself on SNL? Or was there some other time she "stood up to" liberals I somehow missed?
Maybe he's referring to when she "stood up" to Gwen Iffelt (sp?) at the debate and said she wasn't going to answer her questions if she didn't feel like it. Now that made a good impression on all the undecideds!

Old 01-16-2009, 08:23 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,809,179 times
Quote:
Another mentally challenged right wing nut.....fortunately they are on the decline in big numbers

Old 01-16-2009, 08:49 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Maybe he's referring to when she "stood up" to Gwen Iffelt (sp?) at the debate and said she wasn't going to answer her questions if she didn't feel like it. Now that made a good impression on all the undecideds!
That's right, that was appalling...and after they'd changed the rules of the debate to accommodate her agreed-upon ignorance and incompetence, she STILL was only prepared with a handful of basic talking points. But she was belligerent about sticking to them, you betcha.

Mean old liberals who write the elitist debate questions....

Old 01-17-2009, 09:27 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
The reason why liberals and many others don't like Palin is because she is transparent. She blatantly panders to her base by spouting half-truths and misinformation. No one is afraid of her. Those who feel any fear are those who are afraid her message will make sense to the unsuspecting, those who don't see her for what she really is. I'm not being partisan here. These kinds of soulless scum exist on every side of the aisle, some even change colors! Palin needs to go back to Alaska where she can disappear into the igloo trash that voted her into office. America can--and must--do better.
Really? What "Half truths" and "Misinformation" did she spout? And the fact that she was "Transparent" is hardly a fault..Its nice to see some transparency in a politician..unlike the cloak and dagger approach used by so many democrats theses days...

Old 01-17-2009, 01:21 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,292 times
Default Afraid

Is anybody actually afraid of a liberal or conservative? This is ridiculous. People like Sarah Palin because of the way she can express herself and be feminin and intelligent (when the McCain camp doesn't interfere) and self assured and confident. Many liberals didn't like her because of the way she would talk about Obama and in reality, she knew even less than he did. It was her down home and sometimes smart ass attitude and comments like "palling around with terrorists" and the "real America." Bening afraid has nothing to do with it. Stop listening to Rush and the others and start to see things as they are not how people tell you they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections