Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2009, 01:25 PM

404 posts, read 560,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Because she is not afraid of them. Unlike McCain...and yes even Bush...She would face the liberals, not pander to them like alot of other Repubs did and still do. That is what alot of Conservatives were rooting for her, because she can be counted on to speak her mind...not kow-tow to hatespeech libs
This is true and so the hate campaign in the news forges ahead. They hated and trashed Bush and will do the same with Palin.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:40 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYankee69 View Post
This is true and so the hate campaign in the news forges ahead. They hated and trashed Bush and will do the same with Palin.
I'm a liberal. Try to find one post where I said I hate Bush. I've often said he's a good guy. Unfortunately, he wasn't a very good president. At least that's what most Americans think. As far as Sarah Palin, I like her as a person for the most part. As a politician, I think she represented the dumbing down of the American politician when she was involved in McCain's campaign.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:45 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
What "Half truths" and "Misinformation" did she spout?
Let's start with her comments about the Bridge to "Nowhere".

Old 01-17-2009, 06:27 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
This is too easy. And fellow CD members these are only the lies she told by September of last year. There have been more since.

The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan (September 23, 2008) - The Twelve Lies Of Sarah Palin
Quote:

If you follow the links, here is the proof. I repeat: proof:

- She has lied about the Bridge To Nowhere. She ran for office favoring it, wore a sweatshirt defending it, and only gave it up when the federal congress, Senator McCain in particular, went ballistic. She kept the money anyway and favors funding Don Young's Way, at twice the cost of the original bridge.
- She has lied about her firing of the town librarian and police chief of Wasilla, Alaska.
- She has lied about pressure on Alaska's public safety commissioner to fire her ex-brother-in-law.
- She has lied about her previous statements on climate change.
- She has lied about Alaska's contribution to America's oil and gas production.
- She has lied about when she asked her daughters for their permission for her to run for vice-president.
- She has lied about the actual progress in constructing a natural gas pipeline from Alaska.
- She has lied about Obama's position on habeas corpus.
- She has lied about her alleged tolerance of homosexuality.
- She has lied about the use or non-use of a TelePrompter at the St Paul convention.
- She has lied about her alleged pay-cut as mayor of Wasilla.
- She has lied about what Alaska's state scientists concluded about the health of the polar bear population in Alaska.

Last edited by Siouxcia; 01-17-2009 at 06:47 PM.. Reason: For got to put it in quotes!

Old 01-17-2009, 06:31 PM

37,181 posts, read 19,200,869 times
You forgot to mention that she had the road built anyway that would have serviced the Bridge To Nowhere.

All they ended up with was a Road To Nowhere.

Kind of a fitting metaphor, if you ask me. Ironic at the least.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You forgot to mention that she had the road built anyway that would have serviced the Bridge To Nowhere.

All they ended up with was a Road To Nowhere.

Kind of a fitting metaphor, if you ask me. Ironic at the least.
I forgot to put the list in quotes!

Your correct, there's the road to nowhere, and has been pointed out, she lied about her medical records being made to the public. She lied about her daughter's boyfriend dropping out of high school.

Another link to more of Palin's lies

Sarah Palin's 18 lies tonight

1. FANNIE MAE/FREDDIE MAC: Palin said “it was John McCain who pushed so hard with the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac reform measures,” but fact checkers say that’s “Quite A Stretch” And “Barely True,” and that McCain was a “latecomer” to the discussion.

Check the link to read more.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 01-22-2009 at 07:29 AM.. Reason: Copyright violation

Old 01-17-2009, 08:55 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
facts and nothing but facts so what does that prove? Give us some solid opinion we can work with.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:23 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times
Women are freaked out by Sarah.

Because they can't be like her anymore. American women want to be like her but they can't.

It's hard to get into a woman's mind. But they want to be pretty. They want to have control.

And in an instance they want to be controlled. A big man will satisfy them.

Sarah decided to put her ducks in a row. And in my opinion, could out do Joe Biden on any day.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:28 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,780,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Women are freaked out by Sarah.

Because they can't be like her anymore. American women want to be like her but they can't.

It's hard to get into a woman's mind. But they want to be pretty. They want to have control.

Sarah decided to put her ducks in a row. And in my opinion, could out do Joe Biden on any day.
I'm so tired of arguing about Sarah Palin, so I'm going to just say thanks for that 15-second slice of entertainment, even though it makes me wander what planet the post came from.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperkat View Post
women are freaked out by sarah.

Sarah decided to put her ducks in a row. And in my opinion, could out do joe biden on any day.
rotflmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections