Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:49 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
What a silly thing to say, of course liberals need a reason to hate. However, I think the group that involves us in poorly-planned wars and that works hard to increase the economic and racial divisions at home is the more naturally hate- (and fear-)filled group, do you think?

poorly planned wars? you mean like that war during the 60's and 70's during LBJ's administration.

that was poorly planned for sure, and it went on for more years than this war has.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:52 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
poorly planned wars? you mean like that war during the 60's and 70's during LBJ's administration.

that was poorly planned for sure, and it went on for more years than this war has.
LBJ's and Nixon's, yeah... I saw all the right wingers protesting that one, on their way to march in the civil rights rallies. Oh, wait.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:22 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Your posts are far more hateful than any a 'liberal' posts. Seems to me your the one filled with hate and the election of President-elect Obama just gave you more fodder for that hate.
I wish Obama well and hope he does right by the country--it's our a--es on the line if he doesn't. To wish ill of him is to wish it on all of us. And you obviously have me confused with someone else; the liberal haters don't mean enough to me to waste my time hating them. I just call them like I see them--one Bush and republican hating post after another is their crowning glory of credentials.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:35 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
I wish Obama well and hope he does right by the country--it's our a--es on the line if he doesn't. To wish ill of him is to wish it on all of us. And you obviously have me confused with someone else; the liberal haters don't mean enough to me to waste my time hating them. I just call them like I see them--one Bush and republican hating post after another is their crowning glory of credentials.
One liberal hating post after another. Pot meet kettle.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:36 AM

216 posts, read 290,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
what senate work? you must mean all the days that he missed right?

also look what you said, if they run then he or she is qualified. now take a look at what the democrats were screaming about, "palin was not qualified to be veep". doesnt hold the same water, either both were qualified or neither was.

fact is, a governor of any US state is more qualified to be potus than any senator, as senators are just good at throwing other peoples money out the window and stepping on peoples toes.
Bush was the Governor of Texas before becoming the President and look where that got us. I believe Palin would have been a repeat of the past eight years, if not worse. Experience as a Governor without common sense or knowledge of the subject is just useless. Plus, at least pretend that you're representing all Americans and not just those who think, act, and look like her.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:00 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,204,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Because she is not afraid of them. Unlike McCain...and yes even Bush...She would face the liberals, not pander to them like alot of other Repubs did and still do. That is what alot of Conservatives were rooting for her, because she can be counted on to speak her mind...not kow-tow to hatespeech libs
Why do you hate "liberals"? What do you think that Liberals and Conservatives are two different species or something? You know, we are all human beings on this earth who have to live together and share it's resources.

Now, on to Palin, you think that "Liberals" don't "like her" because she is not scared of them? Why do you think that liberals or anyone else needs someone to be scared of them in order to command respect and likability?

Yes, Sarah Palin can be counted to speak her mind...the best way that she is able to. This is part of why McCain went down so badly; because she "speaks her mind". Everyone could blatantly see (and it was painful watching at times) her total ineptness at this point in her life. She turns what should be a simple sentence, a simple answer into a very, very long convuluted disaster where you have no idea what was just said. If this is her way of showing her "intelligence", it didn't work. Frankly, I don't think that she knew the answers to many of the questions she was asked and tried to cover that by twisting and turning every which way trying to answer the best that she could.

Also, she turned spin into an art form. She spun the Bridge to Nowhere, her husband's secession interests, Troopergate into unrecognizable entities; you needed the best fact checkers around to make sense of whether she was lying or telling the truth. Well, I guess there was/is fear of Sarah Palin. To think that something "like that" - was so close to being in the oval office, having the second highest position in the land, possibly first if something happened to John McCain was indeed frightening. Yes, you are right. That is truly a terrifying concept. Thank God almighty that the people of this country could cut through the cr*p and didn't allow something so horrendous to happen. We've been terrorized enough the last 8 years. How much more could we take????

P.S. - it doesn't really matter to me whether Sarah Palin wants to label herself as a liberal or conservative because quite frankly, she is in it for herself. All the labels in the world don't change that. To add, Dick Cheney, another "fine" vice-president, was in this for himself as well. He used his vice-presidential privilege for his own benefit(s) and his companies benefit. He didn't really have much regard for the people. I think that Sarah Palin, if elected with McCain, would have expanded her privilege as VP in a greater way than even Dick Cheney, if that is even possible.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:13 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Why the Liberals hate Sarah Palin

Because she is stupid and liberals hate stupid.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:20 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post

Excluding, of course, Democrat voters in Florida who were unable to master the intricacies of the punch-card ballot.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:39 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post

But i thought liberals were "TOLLERANT"? I guess thats a lie...among many

Old 01-19-2009, 02:16 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
But i thought liberals were "TOLLERANT"? I guess thats a lie...among many
Is there a toll charge for ants??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections