Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2009, 01:03 PM

102 posts, read 157,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I have never run a business and I have supervised people. Ditto for my spouse, and many other people I know. The only "business" Sarah ran was the State of Alaska (she had a city manager in Wasilla and she was but a figurehead, you know, the "stupid mayor" system). Government is not business. Academia is probably closer to business, and that is where Obama worked the majority of his career. What do you think he was doing all those years? Eating bon-bons?

Sarah made much fanfare on national TV of selling that plane on e-bay, which she knew as she said it was a lie. I guess she was so naive at the time she didn't think anyone would check it out. That's what her complaint about the media boils down to; they're too thorough.
Academia as a business? You're not serious, are you? What, the business of indoctrinating and breeding liberals? And, no, b. hussein wasn't eating bon bons, but that would have been much more productive than community organizing.

I'll bet you'd be singing a different tune about the "thoroughness" of the media had they actually investigated your guy b.hussein.

Last edited by EmmyGrace; 01-16-2009 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-16-2009, 01:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plovedupont View Post
I believe I said hes never ran a business or anything in life that require hes in charge or managing a person.

So now the governor of a state is just a figure head? Then I guess being president of an entire country is the same. The only budget Obama has been in charge of is his own. So now attending college is a career? I think he was doing coke during that time and smoking a little pot. Atleast thats what he said he was doing.

I am amazed how running a state is less then being in the senate for 148 days. I am sorry you can NOT compare the 2 for me.
Quote:
How do we know he hasnt had to manage one person? Because hes never run a business or a thing in his life. She did put the plane on Ebay but no one wanted to buy it so she sold it another place.
Actually, the above is what you said. You don't know how big a staff he managed as a law professor. Nor did I say Sarah was a figurehead as gov. of Alaska. I said she was as mayor of Wasilla. There are many in Alaska who didn't think she was qualified to be gov. of the state, either, according to what I have read from some Alaskans. It all came out in this campaign. I wasn't talking about attending college, I was talking about working at one. If you don't think it's work, you don't know anyone who's done it. And don't forget that Sarah smoked pot, too, even though it was against federal law all along, even if Alaska thought it was exempt from the feds and legalized it. 143 days in the senate? He was a senator for two years, 730 days. Where do you get this figure 148? I have heard another number, a little higher, that represents the number of days he was in the senate chambers when a vote was taken. But the senate doesn't vote every day. How many days was Sarah down there in Juneau? Darn few, from what I have read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmyGrace View Post
Academia as a business? You're not serious, are you? What, the business of indoctrinating and breeding liberals? And, no, b. hussein wasn't eating bon bons, but that would have been much more productive than community organizing.

I'll bet you'd be singing a different tune about the "thoroughness" of the media had they actually investigated your guy b.hussein.
It's the education business. Again, if you don't think it is a business, you don't know anyone working in it. The purpose of "Publish or Perish" is to bring in the money.

If you don't think Obama was invesatigated, you have another think coming. The Clintons investigated him, the RNC did, the right-wing media did.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 01-16-2009 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: add quote, addition

Old 01-16-2009, 01:12 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmyGrace View Post
Academia as a business? You're not serious, are you? What, the business of indoctrinating and breeding liberals?
It's interesting that the Republican Party has almost been transformed into a party of people who are anti-education. They don't like universities or the people who are employed by them, they don't like newspapers or magazines that require anything above a 5th-grade reading level, they don't like scientific discoveries or research about human sexuality or stem-cell research, etc.

I'm so glad McCain/Palin lost. Eight years of the anti-intellectual mindset was more than enough for me and for the rest of the country.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:14 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,912,933 times
During her time as Mayor of Wasilla, the city for the first time in it's history hired a City Administrator to run the city BECAUSE Mayor Sarah Palin could NOT.

I believe she spent most of her time researching how she could ban books from the city library, fired experienced city officials who did not agree with her and replaced them with high school friends (much as she did as Governor), got a tax exemption for friend's and hubby's businesses, pushed for and had build a hockey arena in town on land the city doesn't own (that one is still in litigationver one million dollars to date), after being told by the city's buildng inspectors that she could not sell some property because of code violations she sold the property without fixing the problem, took a city that was beautiful and natural and turned it into a strip mall, ok'd construction that poluted their lake and left a city that was not in debt when she took office so deep in debt they are still trying to pay off.

She is Governor of a state that is rich in resources and has had a tax surplus that preceeded her. The current budget that she is going to want to shove down the throats of the legislators is based on oil going at $76.00 a barrel when it is currently (and where economist say it will likely stay for the entire year) at $24.00 a barrel.

Oh yeah baby, she's a great choice for POTUS!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-16-2009, 01:17 PM

419 posts, read 602,648 times
Quote:
Actually, the above is what you said. You don't know how big a staff he managed as a law professor. Nor did I say Sarah was a figurehead as gov. of Alaska. I said she was as mayor of Wasilla. There are many in Alaska who didn't think she was qualified to be gov. of the state, either, according to what I have read from some Alaskans. It all came out in this campaign. I wasn't talking about attending college, I was talking about working at one. If you don't think it's work, you don't know anyone who's done it. And don't forget that Sarah smoked pot, too, even though it was against federal law all along, even if Alaska thought it was exempt from the feds and legalized it.

It's the education business. Again, if you don't think it is a business, you don't know anyone working in it. The purpose of "Publish or Perish" is to bring in the money.

If you don't think Obama was invesatigated, you have another think coming. The Clintons investigated him, the RNC did, the right-wing media did.
Lol Law Professor, the University of Chicago faculty page listed him as “a senior lecturer.

No I dont think Obama was. He was basically givin a free pass. There were reporters that was defending Obama instead of reporting the news happening. lol Lmao @ Right Wing Media. Is that like Msnbc or even Cnn

Old 01-16-2009, 01:44 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,439,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
During her time as Mayor of Wasilla, the city for the first time in it's history hired a City Administrator to run the city BECAUSE Mayor Sarah Palin could NOT.

I believe she spent most of her time researching how she could ban books from the city library, fired experienced city officials who did not agree with her and replaced them with high school friends (much as she did as Governor), got a tax exemption for friend's and hubby's businesses, pushed for and had build a hockey arena in town on land the city doesn't own (that one is still in litigationver one million dollars to date), after being told by the city's buildng inspectors that she could not sell some property because of code violations she sold the property without fixing the problem, took a city that was beautiful and natural and turned it into a strip mall, ok'd construction that poluted their lake and left a city that was not in debt when she took office so deep in debt they are still trying to pay off.

She is Governor of a state that is rich in resources and has had a tax surplus that preceeded her. The current budget that she is going to want to shove down the throats of the legislators is based on oil going at $76.00 a barrel when it is currently (and where economist say it will likely stay for the entire year) at $24.00 a barrel.

Oh yeah baby, she's a great choice for POTUS!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!
Promoting lies I can only look forward to the lies that will be told about Obama.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plovedupont View Post
Lol Law Professor, the University of Chicago faculty page listed him as “a senior lecturer.

No I dont think Obama was. He was basically givin a free pass. There were reporters that was defending Obama instead of reporting the news happening. lol Lmao @ Right Wing Media. Is that like Msnbc or even Cnn
And you know what that position means in their job classification system? I was considered a "temp" by a local health department and was running an immunization clinic. Don't a*s*s* u* me.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:54 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,681,428 times
Quote:
There are many in Alaska who didn't think she was qualified to be gov. of the state, either, according to what I have read from some Alaskans.

Quote:
Too true.

Quote:
took a city that was beautiful and natural and turned it into a strip mall, ok'd construction that poluted their lake and left a city that was not in debt when she took office so deep in debt they are still trying to pay off.
Wasilla is horrible anymore.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:55 PM

419 posts, read 602,648 times
Quote:
And you know what that position means in their job classification system? I was considered a "temp" by a local health department and was running an immunization clinic. Don't a*s*s* u* me.
Yeah I do because they released a statement about what he actually did there

Old 01-16-2009, 02:02 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,681,428 times
Quote:
It's interesting that the Republican Party has almost been transformed into a party of people who are anti-education. They don't like universities or the people who are employed by them, they don't like newspapers or magazines that require anything above a 5th-grade reading level, they don't like scientific discoveries or research about human sexuality or stem-cell research, etc.

I'm so glad McCain/Palin lost. Eight years of the anti-intellectual mindset was more than enough for me and for the rest of the country.
I cannot agree with this more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.