Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 08:52 PM

488 posts, read 1,176,333 times

Advertisements

I wish our new president the best and I wish him to be sucessful. He will soon be our president and our national leader but, he is not God. And, at this point, I would hardly classify him as a hero. Geeze, people , get a grip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 11:50 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,079,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
Can we at least wait for the man to actually become president before we start labeling him a hero?

What, exactly, has the man actually accomplished to warrant such worship?
I have to agree.

I consider the pilot who landed the US Airways plane in the Hudson a hero...let's see what Obama actually accomplishes for our country. Let's see if he actually waves the magic wand and makes this country woes disappear like it seems everyone expects him to.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:29 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,440,622 times
a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.
that what hero means. what brave deeds has he done? noble? hanging with a reverend who hate white america?
im so sick of the news showing the black community on tv saying they feel now they feel they can do and accomplish anything they want with borack in office. they can. thats why they can go to college free. they get scholorships for sports and get free rides. my daughter was a high school basketball star.applied for all kinds of grants and scholorships for college. her grades perfect her stats on the court excellent. but did she get anything nope. she's white. her teammates did. he will do nothing for anyone. and what do they think that he is going to change for them? can anyone give me an answer. i dont want to hear about how for years they felt like they didnt have anyone standing up for them. i want a an intelligent answer.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:11 AM

419 posts, read 602,671 times
Hero? Just what has Obama done to be considered a hero? Firefighters running into the twin towers were heros has Obama done something that compares to that?

Old 01-19-2009, 07:20 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Smile Bye-bye, Bushies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludia View Post
and Bush's only cost 40 million . Obamas 110 million.

The figure I recall reading estimated Obama's to be more like 150 million. But only something like 10 million was coming from public funds, the rest from donations. It's clear that the vast majority of the American public is excited and positive about Obama.

Personally, I think much of the elation surrounding the ceremony is relief that Bush is leaving almost as much as joy over Obama's arrival. It's a good mix, and good for America.

In with the new, out with the old!

Old 01-19-2009, 09:40 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,869,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
You don't think the racial prejudice Barack and Michelle, all Americans of color had to endure for the past 200 years doesn't merit being hailed as a hero? I think we're all heroes!!!
Not just no, but H*** NO. The black people shooting people in the hood, selling drugs and living off the govt and fathering babies they won't take care of or having babies the govt pays for are certainly not heroes in my eyes just because their skin is dark anymore than white people would be who do the same things. A hero is a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities. Obama ran for president. He hasn't done anything with it yet. The kool aid needs to be put down. I respect the man for his campaign and I even voted for him. But the people on this bandwagon thinking it makes all black people special b/c he is president is ridiculous. Don't be so quick to put him on a pedestal. Let's see what kind of job he does first.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:59 AM

167 posts, read 483,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
You don't think the racial prejudice Barack and Michelle, all Americans of color had to endure for the past 200 years doesn't merit being hailed as a hero? I think we're all heroes!!!
That a lovely attitude. I guess all the "white americans" owe you.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanukook View Post
Let's see:

Several thousand men participated in battles such as the Battle of the Bulge in order to stop Hitler from killing any more people -- Michelle is not proud of America.

Two reporters uncover illegal activities by a sitting President which leads to his resignation -- MIchelle is not proud of America.

Several first responders in NYC end up dying while trying to save strangers in two terrorist bombed high-rises and thousands of people line up to donate blood, food, clothing, and other assistance -- Michelle is not proud of America.

Rosa Parks decides to stay seated and thousands support her (of all races) -- Michelle is not proud of America.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. gives a speech that resonates still about having a dream, in a free America that celebrates freedom of speech -- Michelle is not proud of America.

Whenever there is a disaster anywhere in the world, be it earthquake, mudslide, tornado, hurricane, tsunami, the American Red Cross, funded by millions of Americans and staffed by the same, is one of the first responders to help -- Michelle is not proud of America.

Michelle is not proud of America until her husband succeeds in being elected President (some claim by dint of a falsified birth certificate) and NOW Michelle is proud of America.

I say, America is NOT proud of Michelle (she seems to be somewhat racist) and she is unworthy of being our country's First Lady.
I agree with you. I think she will be the worst First Lady this country had ever seen. I am so worried about the path this country will take in the next four years.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
I have to agree.

I consider the pilot who landed the US Airways plane in the Hudson a hero...let's see what Obama actually accomplishes for our country. Let's see if he actually waves the magic wand and makes this country woes disappear like it seems everyone expects him to.
Totally agree - that pilot is a hero.

I hope Obama does some good for this country, but I have some nagging doubts in the back of mind. If his tax reforms come thou, my family, like many many others will have less to spend.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:17 PM

540 posts, read 629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
Not just no, but H*** NO. The black people shooting people in the hood, selling drugs and living off the govt and fathering babies they won't take care of or having babies the govt pays for are certainly not heroes in my eyes just because their skin is dark anymore than white people would be who do the same things. A hero is a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities. Obama ran for president. He hasn't done anything with it yet. The kool aid needs to be put down. I respect the man for his campaign and I even voted for him. But the people on this bandwagon thinking it makes all black people special b/c he is president is ridiculous. Don't be so quick to put him on a pedestal. Let's see what kind of job he does first.

Nice post, but what the hell, you voted for him. What are you bipolar? If you ain't I predict your gonna be
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections