Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 09:14 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperIncumbent View Post
Seems like old white men are too outmoded for liberals
In general, that's true. But there are some old white men who haven't gotten all McCain-like. They're great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 09:21 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Is there anyone out there on the radar yet? Wake me up in 2011. Unless we have another GWB, Huckabee or McCain, in which case please just shoot me.

Bobby Jindal will be the GOP candidate in 2012.The only reason he would not be their choice (the southern white male party needs an "extreme makeover" and who better than someone of color?) is because he would view it as a losing struggle and would not want to jeopardize future chances after Obama's 8 years is over

Old 01-19-2009, 11:53 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times
Hard to tell since there hasn't been a true Republican candidate since 1984.
One could and can hardly call the following True Republicans:

Huckabee
Jindal
McCain
BushI
BushII
Romney
Etc.,

If you study true Republicanism none of the above would qualify. They are just RINO's. Also, Bush Jr., made sure he destroyed the GOP for many years to come. If you review his record it will match that of Lyndon Johnson a proud Democrat

Old 01-19-2009, 12:52 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
I hope you are correct and that the USA does not exist in its current form by 2012. I hope our economy is better. I hope that we are no longer involved in two wars. I hope that we quit violating the Constitution--you know--little things--like illegal wiretapping. I hope we are well on our way to controlling the deficit and maybe, just maybe, seeing an eventual surplus; that won't happen by 2012, but we might be on our way. I hope we have gained the respect of our allies which has been lost in the last 8 years. I hope we are no longer pandering to the wealthy and giving welfare to corporations and their overpaid CEO's. I hope we are using tax credits and other means to encourage viable corporations to keep their facilities, jobs, and manufacturing plants in America. I hope that the poor and middle class American doesn't have to choose between food and prescription drugs. I hope we have revisited NCLB and cleaned it up so that our kids can learn higher level thinking skills instead of learning only how to take a multiple choice test. I hope our infrastructure, which has been neglected too long, is improved. I hope our politicians are talking about issues that matter and that they can make a difference with and stay out of people's bedrooms and decisions about health care (i.e. Terry Schiavo). I hope more students with good minds and little money have the opportunity to attend college. I hope the Social Security mess is cleaned up or changed. I hope that we are no longer violating international law (torture, waterboarding). I hope we again care about cleaning up the environment. I hope we have developed alternative energy policies that will reduce our dependence on foreign oil. I hope oil companies, Halliburton, and the vice-president are not making our energy policy. I hope we again look at proven scientific data when making decisions about human health care and the environment. Yes, I hope the United States is a quite different place in 2012--a place that cares about all of its citizens ,their welfare, and our Constitution.

End of rant. I know you have talking points to counter all of this. I have heard them all. And, I respectfullly disagree with them.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,322 times
bush tax cuts during war and surplus, too republican for me even his dad and Reagan (who was at one time a democrat) new better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections