Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 12:15 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Indeed! Wow, what an interesting "compromise." And I'm chuckling at the assertion by some here that Robinson's selection didn't present a "political problem" when a few of us maintained it did. Guess the Obama people saw it our way. Heh.
Kinda makes you wonder why Jeremiah Wright wasn't invited to give an invocation of some sort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 12:21 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,967 times
Quote:
Indeed! Wow, what an interesting "compromise." And I'm chuckling at the assertion by some here that Robinson's selection didn't present a "political problem" when a few of us maintained it did. Guess the Obama people saw it our way. Heh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Kinda makes you wonder why Jeremiah Wright wasn't invited to give an invocation of some sort.

Which makes Rev. Robinson's omission all the more baffling. Neither one of you, or your kind, are likely to ever vote for Obama in the future no matter what he does. So why the kissing of right wing butt?

Old 01-19-2009, 12:22 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Which makes Rev. Robinson's omission all the more baffling. Neither one of you, or your kind, are likely to ever vote for Obama in the future no matter what he does. So why the kissing of right wing butt?
Right Wing butt?

Newsflash for you: Not everyone who is to the right of you is a Right Wing. That'd be like saying that any number over 1 is HUGE.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Right Wing butt?

Newsflash for you: Not everyone who is to the right of you is a Right Wing. That'd be like saying that any number over 1 is HUGE.

Oh, are you a Democrat? Considering the content of your posts I feel safe in declaring you a member of the right wing.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:28 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
Quote:
And how on Earth do you know for whom I may or may not vote, especially in the future? My "kind" -- whatever does THAT mean? I could make some sweeping generalizations about you but have refrained. I suggest you do the same.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Right Wing butt?

Heh. You've got to forgive them -- Party tools can't quite grasp the concept of being an Independent voter.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
And how on Earth do you know for whom I may or may not vote, especially in the future? My "kind" -- whatever does THAT mean? I could make some sweeping generalizations about you but have refrained. I suggest you do the same.

No generalizations are necessary in your case...You've been running down Obama all during the election season. What am I supposed to think, you're a liberal?

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Here's Rev. Robinson's invocation from yesterday, taken by a camcorder. It just baffles me as to why Obama and/or his transition team seems to feel it's necessary to give the impression of disrespecting the LGBT community.

YouTube - Gene Robinson's Prayer Kicks off Inaugural Events
We dont know yet that the Obama team is responsible for it, though. Although why HBO would make this sort of editing decision I dont know.

Is Gene Robinson the only speaker who wasnt included, and the Gay Men's Chorus the only group not labeled on the screen? I dont see mention of this happening to anyone else.

Quote:
Right Wing butt?

You know what's funny? I have both DNC and RNC membership cards because I've contributed to both parties' candidates. I didn't request them, they just sent them to me so I keep 'em as souvenirs. Again, the Dems can't wrap their minds around this sort of thing.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
No generalizations are necessary in your case...You've been running down Obama all during the election season. What am I supposed to think, you're a liberal?
Of course I'm not a liberal. Never said I was. But it's too bad you can't think outside of extremes. Most people aren't in the extremist camps and float about the middle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections