U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 06:59 PM

17,609 posts, read 25,311,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Condi the liar? What lies is that?
Every lie that has been perpetrated by President Cheney and his cute little sidekick Wonderboy.

Condi can be intelligent, but you put Wonderboy in the same room with her and she turns into a bubbly teenager.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:03 PM

4,396 posts, read 4,155,308 times
How much of Condi's ineptness has been due to the lack of respect the Arab nations in the Middle East has for women? Will Hillary be any different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 07:04 PM

5,309 posts, read 6,726,190 times
Looks like the fun just started with the O & B Tour.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:06 PM

3,811 posts, read 2,994,211 times
Quote:
This will do for a start,
Bush Administration Links Iraq, Al Qaeda, Rice Says Iraqi Officials And Al Qaeda Have Long-Established Ties - CBS News

Quote:
"There clearly are contacts between al Qaeda and Iraq that can be documented; there clearly is testimony that some of the contacts have been important contacts and that there's a relationship here," Rice said.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:11 PM

12,261 posts, read 6,424,787 times
Quote:
Why is it that so many Republicans are ignorant of what has happened over the past 8 years?

Is it because you folks only watch FOX?

Old 01-19-2009, 07:11 PM

3,811 posts, read 2,994,211 times
Here are some more,
Congressman Wexler Confronts Condoleezza Rice on Bush Administration's 935 Iraq War Lies (http://www.veteransforcommonsense.org/ArticleID/9378 - broken link)
Quote:
February 14, 2008 - Last month, the Center for Public Integrity and the Fund for Independence in Journalism released a study finding that the Bush administration made "at least 935 false statements" preceding the invasion of Iraq. Condoleezza Rice, who served as National Security Adviser at the time, made 56 false statements.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:16 PM

11,102 posts, read 8,234,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Not that that's especially unusual in our long and storied history.
You have that right.I guess it would be a shorter list of the ones WORTH their paycheck wouldn't it.My bad.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:06 AM

1,994 posts, read 2,718,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
ROFLMAO! Does this suggest that if Biden chose S of S, Hillary would have been VP? Thank God for little mercies -- Foot-in-the-mouth Joe and Jill would have been an embarassment representing us abroad.
Exactly what I wondered. He had to have considered Hillary for VP, but I never expected him to choose her. It is interesting to speculate how the election would have gone had he done that. I believe it would have increased his percentage of the popular vote--especially if the Republicans had followed through with Sarah Palin after the Clinton pick. Ah, well, speculation is lots of fun, but what is, is.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:10 AM

1,994 posts, read 2,718,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Why is it that so many Republicans are ignorant of what has happened over the past 8 years?

God knows that I am not a Republican, but I respect Rice. I believe any lies she told were the results of misinformation fed her by the administration (Bush/Cheney/Rove/Rumsfeld--the list goes on.) She is obviously bright and educated. She is well spoken and able to keep her cool in a crisis. I could vote for her for national office. I would love to see her working for a competent adminstration and showing us what she can really do.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:14 AM

5,266 posts, read 4,478,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Ask yoru buddy Bill Clinton. He got everyone in the mess first..(i.e.wtc-93). BUsh was trying to clean up his mess!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections