Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 11:36 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,324,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
So what's the excuse for the hundreds of thousands of spinning, screaming liberals who wanted Bush's election overturned due to voting machine conspiracy.
Oh that's right, George Bush is white so racism is not possible. I guess we'll have to chalk it up to sheer lunacy.
I don't have much respect for THOSE people either.
Some people just can't/won't admit when they've lost.

I think there WERE legitimate questions about the vote count, but I don't buy the "rigged voting machine" conspiracy. In regards to the vote count however, once the Supreme Court made its decision, as far as I was concerned that was it, and Gore did the right thing in accepting it. Now, it DID raise valid concerns about whether or not we should be using the popular vote instead of the electoral vote - but that's a WHOLE different issue and would only apply for FUTURE elections.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 11:36 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,842,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I've heard that stat a little differently. There are lots of wing nuts with lots of conspiracy theories about 9/11.
You are correct.
According to a Rasmussen poll. 35% of democrats believe that GWB knew of the attacks beforehand.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
And 30% of democrats believe that Bush perpetrated September 11.

I'll let you decide which exhibits more lunacy.
Now THAT sounds like a BS stat.

Ken

Old 01-21-2009, 11:47 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,643 times
Quote:
You are correct.
According to a Rasmussen poll. 35% of democrats believe that GWB knew of the attacks beforehand.
So you're of the opinion that "knowing of the attacks beforehand" is equivalent to "perpetrating 9/11," which was your claim?

A lot of people may have taken the security briefing about "Bin Laden Determined to Strike" as knowledge, right? So you have no idea if the claim you made is true. In fact, it's pretty much guaranteed to be wrong.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
You are correct.
If you believe that you should also note that 15% or so of Republicans (1 in 7) believe that GWB knew about the attacks as well.

Rasmussen Reports™: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/general_current_events/president_bush/22_believe_bush_knew_about_9_11_attacks_in_advance - broken link)

As I said though, I think it's a BS stat. One poll means nothing, that's why the pollsters do SO MANY election polls.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 01-21-2009 at 12:15 PM..

Old 01-21-2009, 11:54 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,940,832 times
If there is any truth to this, then he needs to be removed. IF he truly isn't a natural born citizen, then the lie he pulled off would be far worse than Lewinsky or Watergate....

Old 01-21-2009, 12:00 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,032,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The conservatives just will not give up on their nutty ways. I guess they feel like since the Supreme Court is conservative friendly and has already decided one election, they can get it to remove Obama from office on January 23.
Eligibility issue to follow Obama into Oval Office
Anything to continue the fund raising and to keep the contributions coming in. After all the attorneys have families and college tution bills etc.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
And 30% of democrats believe that Bush perpetrated September 11.

I'll let you decide which exhibits more lunacy.
Are you serious making this post? Do you know anything about Berg the lawyer who is behind one of the suits against Obama? This is incredible absolutely incredible. He also filed a suit saying Bush and Cheney knew about 9/11 and is one of the 35% Democrats you are ridiculing. He is a Democrat and a Clinton supporter.

9-11 CONSPIRACY
9-11 CONSPIRACY

AFP TALKS TO MAN BEHIND SEPT. 11 RICO SUIT

By Greg Szymanski

Philadelphia lawyer Phil Berg has never tried to climb Mt. Everest. In the past, he�s always attempted �legal mountains� within his reach. But since filing a 2004 federal RICO lawsuit against President Bush and others for complicity in 9-11, the Pennsylvania attorney finally knows what it�s like to try to scale the world�s tallest peak.

�I thought it was going to be tough, but I didn�t think this tough,� Berg told AFP from behind a mountain of legal paperwork in his one-man Philadelphia office. �I am undermanned, overworked and under-financed, but still optimistic that justice will prevail.

�Either our government made 9-11 happen or let it happen. I am going after them for foreknowledge, failure to warn and actively covering up the crimes they committed.

this is absolutely hilarious this post. You are calling your hero a fringo lunatic without knowing it.

Bots keep this one in your file it is one for the ages.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:10 PM

Hmmmm Phillip Berg, love him then hate him now? Hate him then and love him now? Just a fruit cake then and now?

Philip J. Berg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Philip J. Berg (b. April 13, 1944) of Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania, USA, is a former deputy attorney general of Pennsylvania [1], a 9/11 conspiracy theorist, and an activist attorney who brought a RICO lawsuit charging president George W. Bush and 154 others with complicity in the 9/11 attacks, and another suit challenging the eligibility of Barack Obama to become President of the United States.

Tee Hee

Old 01-21-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Anything to continue the fund raising and to keep the contributions coming in. After all the attorneys have families and college tution bills etc.
Yup, those folks are making money off the idiots who keep funding it.
Kind'a like all those folks selling Bigfoot or Area 51 books.
There are always silly people willing to buy-in to any "mystery". Their existence doesn't lend the "mystery" any legitimacy.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections