Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 10:43 PM

59 posts, read 148,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
So because someone choose's to be in the military it makes their lives worth less because they're expected to die or be wounded?

Does it make the pain that their family's have to go through worth less as well?

The soldiers to what they're supposed to do, it doesn't mean the leadership didn't screw them over.

I had the privilege to visit The American legion Post #37, in St. Augustine.
I was touched by the fact that a place setting at a table is always left vacant, for the one who doesn't make it home.

How people can be so ungrateful to a serviceman or a politician, who has worked his entire life to serve you, to ensure your freedom...Your freedom to speak and criticize...If it weren't for these people, you wouldn't be able to even post your comments.

Granny says: Serve before you criticize. Walk the proverbial mile in their shoes. Or their boots.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:48 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,475,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
This is so typical of the right wing mindset. You scream and wail and cry and kick your feet about people singing "Na na hey hey" after Bush's departing helicopter - "Outrageous!" "Such bad manners!" "So this is what we can expect from the left?!" etc. - but then with joy you vomit forth the vilest sewage against Ted Kennedy. (As Saganista points out, got a comment for Laura Bush on behalf of her victim?)

Typical schizo Repugs - and it's all hate-filled, all of it.
If people were standing around Kennedy and Byrd while they were convulsing or slumped over in their wheel chairs and singing "buh-bye!" different story.

Neither one of these men have anything next to what could resemble a clean history. ONLY b/c they are NOT sitting on the right of center, they get away with it.

Here's the issue as simply as it can be put: If either Byrd or Teddy K were Republicans they would have died 20 years ago due to the stress of the media being on their behinds 24/7 and the liberals DEMANDING answers for their actions.

Because they are not Republicans, they slide on by. And get/got away with waaaaay too much. Just like the rapist Kennedy cousin and the Kennedy who killed Martha with a golf club.

And you know it.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:23 PM

Seizures happen--it's actually something we watched for with brain tumor patients. I was privileged to work on 4200 at Duke when I was a travel nurse--best place I ever worked.
I see why he chose them, for his surgery, and if he needs them again? He couldn't be in better hands.

I understand he is still in Washington--that, to me, is a good sign.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:26 PM

I'm sorry: Unit 4200 is the Neurosurgical ICU. I should have clarified.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:31 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,290,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
I just heard on the news and do not see it reported yet.
Has anyone else heard that Senator Kennedy collapsed at the Senate Inaugural lunch? I know he has been battling cancer. Whatever his politics, as someone that has been impacted by cancer, I wish him speedy recovery if this is true..

PS I also heard Senator Byrd was taken as well..
Best wishes for them both! Incredible shame. Hope they make a full recovery.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:10 AM

4,988 posts, read 9,958,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You missed someone.

Jus kidding!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
If he were a republican, I can just imagine the viciousness that would come out of your mouth.

I can't think of a more fitting end to that scumbag.
You're right, missed that one.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:11 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,064,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
This is so typical of the right wing mindset. You scream and wail and cry and kick your feet about people singing "Na na hey hey" after Bush's departing helicopter - "Outrageous!" "Such bad manners!" "So this is what we can expect from the left?!" etc. - but then with joy you vomit forth the vilest sewage against Ted Kennedy. (As Saganista points out, got a comment for Laura Bush on behalf of her victim?)

Typical schizo Repugs - and it's all hate-filled, all of it.
Great post...bears repeating!!!

YUP! The repubs are all up in arms over a silly song sung to their bumbling nasty EX-president who has the LOWEST rating of any president but continually wish death and pain to Ted Kennedy !!! NOW do ya know why we are so glad to see him and his hate-filled followers , LEAVE!!!!

All the FAUX sympathy for poor Mary Jo and NONE for the millions bush has killed...what WEIRDOS!!!!!

Old 01-21-2009, 12:48 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,340,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Great post...bears repeating!!!

YUP! The repubs are all up in arms over a silly song sung to their bumbling nasty EX-president who has the LOWEST rating of any president but continually wish death and pain to Ted Kennedy !!! NOW do ya know why we are so glad to see him and his hate-filled followers , LEAVE!!!!

All the FAUX sympathy for poor Mary Jo and NONE for the millions bush has killed...what WEIRDOS!!!!!
In the spirit of liberal "unity", this one is for Teddy:

Quote:
Naw naw naw naw, naw naw naw naw, hey hey hey, GOOD BYE!
Not soon enough, in my opinion.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:03 AM

I don't know how many deaths you have pronounced, witnessed, bagged and tagged and rolled to a morgue---but you really shouldn't wish it on anyone. One day, you or your parent could be on that guerney...Do YOU want someone to sing the, " Nah-nah-nah" song???

Old 01-21-2009, 01:12 AM

wait 4 years and sing the same song when Obama, too, fails, as do all presidents...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections