Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 07:28 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
I also heard that Obama hit the toilet seat this morning when taking a pee. He surely isn't worthy to become President!
Well, he licked the toilet seat while campaigning. (Dancing with Ellen)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 08:02 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,880,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncy View Post
I feel terrible for Obama that Roberts has screwed that bit up for him....Not exactly an iconic swearing in.
It wouldn't surprise me at ALL if John Roberts did it on purpose to ruin the moment. It's not at all a surprise that Roberts doesn't like Obama, and that Obama was one of the people who opposed Roberts getting that position.

Gee - someone didn't want me to have my top-notch job.... now I get to swear him in as President in front of billions of people... what SHALL I do???

Old 01-20-2009, 08:04 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Roberts botched his part in the oath. Obama paused, waiting for him to correct himself. When He didn't, Obama then recited his part correctly.

You can relax now.
thank you.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:06 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
you know listening to all these attacks on the president (who has been president for 1 day) are much like listening to old southern folk tales about how the north tricked them and they they were never whooped at all in the civil war.
very unmanly manly stuff no?

Old 01-20-2009, 08:09 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
you know listening to all these attacks on the president (who has been president for 1 day) are much like listening to old southern folk tales about how the north tricked them and they they were never whooped at all in the civil war.
very unmanly manly stuff no?

Like I said in another thread -

Now that Sherman's dead we have a chance of winning.

He cheated. Things are different now.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:18 PM

399 posts, read 554,415 times
Who cares, it was fine.
Bush is out of there!

Barack and Michelle will get it on roughly tonite on Bush's old white house king bed!

Mad?

Old 01-20-2009, 09:04 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,423,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
I'm not a conspiracy nut, but did anyone else catch it? He stumbled during his repeating and taking of the oath. He said the main part backwards too. Even after the officer repeated it back to him a second time, he still said it back wrong. I'm surprised they did not require him to state it correctly. After all, it is more then just a ceremony, it is a declaration of the official Presidential duties. Years ago when I was sworn in as a LE officer, every single specific word had to be stated correctly.
Well it appears that Roberts was the one who screwed up first. So, Obama who is also a LAWYER, wouldn't have allowed that to happen.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:17 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post

He said the main part backwards too.

Kind of like when you play heavy metal records backwards and satanic verses and evil messages spew forth....

~Mike (observes that a lot of the anti-Obama rhetoric is getting played-out like a broken record but credits you for originality)

Old 01-20-2009, 11:07 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,813,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Fox News is already claiming that Obama botched the oath and isn't President. Even if someone challenged his claim and it somehow made it to The Supreme Court, the person who administered the oath, Chief Justice John Roberts, would be there and he's already admitted that he was the one who botched the oath. I'm sure the people who challenged Obama's citizenship will now jump on this cause. Nothing like a sore loser.
There is still a lawsuit on his citizenship due to be heard on Fri, I think.

And the FOX I heard didn't say what you think they said.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:25 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
There is still a lawsuit on his citizenship due to be heard on Fri, I think.
Wow. Good luck with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
And the FOX I heard didn't say what you think they said.
Then you weren't listening very well. Or reading this thread very well, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections