Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 01:12 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,646,926 times

Advertisements

I don't care about Obama's race.... as long as you mention he is half white, half black and was born in Kenya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 01:16 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,646,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Oh, Puhleeeze!!!

From the very beginning, the right-wing talked about Obama's race. I remember when Glenn Beck said Obama had a "deep-seated hatred of White people." The list is too long to post.

Fast forwarding 4 years, it's gotten worse. When the RW became very nervous that Obama was going to win a 2nd term, we began hearing Republicans like John Sununu using code words like "lazy" and "stupid" and Mark Sanford saying Obama threw a lot of "spears." (sure, spears are very common in the U.S. in 2012) What is that woman's name..oh, Sarah Palin (I try to forget her, but like a bad rash she keeps reappearing) used words to describe Obama like "chucking and jiving."

Since day one the most common word I've heard is "arrogant." I have to laugh at that one. He's the PRESIDENT. Maybe "confident" and "determined" looks like arrogance to people who think Black people should be shining their shoes instead of running the country.
A black man in power is a scary thing. They scrutinize every perk he gets as President like this is all knew. Why is he flying on Air Force One? How much does it cost? Why is he on vacation, smiling, looking down at Congress during the State of the Union?

Someone actually questioned why he gets to live in the white house and Hannity suggested he would never leave because he loves the free stuff.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:36 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,453,787 times
That's also part of the unspoken ''job description'' for black folks in this country... is being someone that whites of a certain ''persuasion'' can always feel ''superior'' to, no matter how low they may be on the socio-economic ladder. And folks like Obama ruin that ''excuse'' big time (which is why he's often described as ''uppity'')!

Old 01-22-2013, 05:37 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Actually, I'M NOT. Someone in another thread made the statement, and I just wanted to dialogue about it.

By the way, I'm black; but does my great great grandfather on my mother's side of the family and my great grandfather on my father's side of the family both being fully white qualifies me as .00011 percent white?
no just bad with math.
People don't do things because of their own skin color.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:53 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,561,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Oh, Puhleeeze!!!

From the very beginning, the right-wing talked about Obama's race. I remember when Glenn Beck said Obama had a "deep-seated hatred of White people." The list is too long to post.

Fast forwarding 4 years, it's gotten worse. When the RW became very nervous that Obama was going to win a 2nd term, we began hearing Republicans like John Sununu using code words like "lazy" and "stupid" and Mark Sanford saying Obama threw a lot of "spears." (sure, spears are very common in the U.S. in 2012) What is that woman's name..oh, Sarah Palin (I try to forget her, but like a bad rash she keeps reappearing) used words to describe Obama like "chucking and jiving."

Since day one the most common word I've heard is "arrogant." I have to laugh at that one. He's the PRESIDENT. Maybe "confident" and "determined" looks like arrogance to people who think Black people should be shining their shoes instead of running the country.
I just call him a liar.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:28 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,928,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I just call him a liar.
That's fine with me. Both sides feel that way about most politicians. I always tell people that being opposed to Obama's policies isn't necessarily bigotry or racism, just politics. It's when they start talking about his vacations (as if Bush & Reagan never took any!) and his children's privileges (i.e., Secret Service) or asking for documents that no other POTUS in history has been asked to produce, including birth certificates, college transcripts, etc., that it's obvious he's not "one of us" to them.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:36 PM

630 posts, read 1,264,885 times
Obama has dealt with a lot of racism shrouded in feigned outrage over "policies" and "character traits." You don't have to be a genius to see through it.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:12 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times
Who cares this is 2013 second time go round. Obama is still half black, half white, not by choice, and far from delivering Hope n' Change or moving this economic time bomb forward.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:51 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,860,998 times
He's not my president, I didn't vote for him, and I would never vote for anybody with the scary agenda he has, and it doesn't matter if he's white or black. Race has nothing to do with it.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:56 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,453,787 times
And what ''scary agenda'' might that be.... besides committing the crime of ''B.P.W.B.B.'' (Being the President While Being Black)?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections