Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 11:05 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Please had a white person said this they would have been slammed for being raciest. The "n" word does not bother me because it is just that a word. No "word" bothers me what bothers me is that they do nothing to being us together it is always white against black and it is wrong.
A white person saying the n-word in general probably could be considered racist. However, there is context. It's acceptable in some. Tell me why what JayZ said was racist. How did it set his race above others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 11:11 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Welcome to a whole new round of racism and division for the next 4 years.
It's not new. They're just arrogantly flaunting it now. Take a White artist and reverse the comments and guess what. They're just revealing how ignorant they always have been and always will be. Unfortunately, some will judge an entire race by the ignorance of some. I guess that's what they mean by giving 'your people' a bad name. I've had to listen to it about my NA heritage since I was a kid so it's nothing new.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:16 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,472,574 times
Eminem has used the n-word plenty.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:31 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
So if a white person had said this after a white President was elected would that be ok to?
Oh ha ha, if someone had made a "My President is White" cut in 2000, I'd have died laughing. Seriously. I mean I know your intent here was serious, but...all I can do thinking about some song sung at Bush about a white president is giggle.

My president is white, my hybrid's blue
And golly gee, my golf bag is too
My mama's GBLT, and that's okay
We're all politically correct anyway

My president is white, hey, do me a favor
Open that box an' hand me a 'Nilla Wafer
My money's on a card, never seen a real bill
Gonna vote Pub in '04? (beat) (beat) Well I will!

Old 01-22-2009, 12:00 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
LOL The more I think about this, the more I think, like Obama or not, you'd never have seen him behaving like an uncultured, undignified, low-class inarticulate like these people. They really do him justice don't they?

Old 01-22-2009, 12:11 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,032,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
A white person saying the n-word in general probably could be considered racist. However, there is context. It's acceptable in some. Tell me why what JayZ said was racist. How did it set his race above others.

My dear, now that a HafricanAmerican is in office, race does not matter.

But, you and and the race baiters will keep on keepin on.

Funny. Economy is in the dumps and if we didn't care what color you were before we sure don't care now!

Tee hee.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
My dear, now that a HafricanAmerican is in office, race does not matter.

But, you and and the race baiters will keep on keepin on.

Funny. Economy is in the dumps and if we didn't care what color you were before we sure don't care now!

Tee hee.
Seriously! Watch tv and when you hear a Black person bring up their race and color of their own skin, guess who's the one to bring it up, EVERY-SINGLE-TIME. If that doesn't tell you something, nothing will.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:22 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
IMHO its a double standard plain and simple. culture of disrespect. if i spoke and acted in the same manner that those on the hood did (in my work) i would have been terminated long ago. 2 sets of rules. explanation by black management was that when a black person says or does something it has different meaning than when you do it. i dont think so. the great evil of this is then its about who says & does what not what they do or say.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 01-22-2009 at 12:33 AM..

Old 01-22-2009, 01:04 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,032,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
IMHO its a double standard plain and simple. culture of disrespect. if i spoke and acted in the same manner that those on the hood did (in my work) i would have been terminated long ago. 2 sets of rules. explanation by black management was that when a black person says or does something it has different meaning than when you do it. i dont think so. the great evil of this is then its about who says & does what not what they do or say.
That's racist!

I'm a big fan of MLK. Pissed me off that Barry stole his thunder.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:11 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Seriously! Watch tv and when you hear a Black person bring up their race and color of their own skin, guess who's the one to bring it up, EVERY-SINGLE-TIME. If that doesn't tell you something, nothing will.
So bringing up race is racism?

That's about the most asinine take on race that I've ever heard. And this thread is simply comical because that's the standard for you wingnuts.

You remind me of Colbert doing his "I don't see race - I might be black myself, I've never noticed" routine. It's hilarious because he's mocking people just like you all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections