Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2009, 09:30 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
My email notification sent a message BEFORE you corrected your spelling mistake.

It also shows the original message that is oftentimes edited while I am replying.

I am a slow typist....cooking for a living caused me to lose feeling in my fingertips.

My friend.

You are losing it.

Where do you see "last edited on..." on my post?

What sort of lame attempt is this to deflect from the fact that you corrected someone else's grammar and YOU were wrong?

Damn, this is just getting sad!

Old 01-23-2009, 09:30 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
So JerZ, are you outraged by 140 tons of litter being left?

Old 01-23-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
In Times Square 40 tons was collected on January 1, 2009 with an estimated 1 million revelers.

Inauguration, 50 tons, 2 million in attendance (estimated)

So in actuality, the impact from the inauguration is SIGNIFICANTLY less than a typical New Years Eve in New York.

I wish people would check their facts before spewing garbage. No pun intended.

Times Square garbage cleanup signals good year ahead?
Just bumping this up so one desperate person's lame attempts at burying it in a very weird argument don't cause it to fade into obscurity...

Mini makes a VERY good point here.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
My friend.

You are losing it.

Where do you see "last edited on..." on my post?

What sort of lame attempt is this to deflect from the fact that you corrected someone else's grammar and YOU were wrong?

Damn, this is just getting sad!
LOL...it doesn't do that until after a period of time...are you saying that you didn't initially spell grammar incorrectly???

Old 01-23-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Just bumping this up so one desperate person's lame attempts at burying it in a very weird argument don't cause it to fade into obscurity...

Mini makes a VERY good point here.
No...he 'forgot' to include the 90 tons of trash collected by the D.C. Department of Public Works and the National Park Service.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
So JerZ, are you outraged by 140 tons of litter being left?
No...

1. I'm upset at the actual amount of litter being left...even if it's one napkin. Not outraged, since people are human after all, and may not, in the excitement of the moment, feel, for example, a paper cup or napkin falling.

2. I'm THRILLED that it was significantly less than could have been expected of a crowd that size. That means that some people, maybe not all, but at least some really are environmentally conscious and know to pick up after themselves. A thousand people can make a difference. A hundred people can make a difference. Or even ten.

3. I'm glad people were employed and able to make money cleaning up.

So, Oz.

What's your excuse for rabidly picking on someone else's grammar, but using incorrect grammar to do it?

Old 01-23-2009, 09:36 PM

Actually it was MUCH higher than at Times Square this past year...

140 tons.

People really should read the thread they are involved in.

As to my making fun of Who?me...it simply sounded funny to me...sounds like my co-workers...and rabidly???

I'm not sure I do THAT...

Old 01-23-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Actually it was MUCH higher than at Times Square this past year...

140 tons.

People really should read the thread they are involved in.

As to my making fun of Who?me...it simply sounded funny to me...sounds like my co-workers...

I'm not sure he do THAT...
Yes, his grammar was wrong; that's not the irony. The irony is that you corrected him incorrectly. Are you getting that yet?

And BTW...yes, I have edited this because I misunderstood your question for a moment. Or perhaps was just blown away that this was your excuse for then being WRONG about grammar BUT TELLING SOMEONE ELSE to learn English.

Last edited by JerZ; 01-23-2009 at 09:39 PM.. Reason: my own correction on understaning the question

Old 01-23-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Yes, his grammar was wrong; that's not the irony. The irony is that you corrected him incorrectly. Are you getting that yet?

And BTW...yes, I have edited this because I misunderstood your question for a moment. Or perhaps was just blown away that this was your excuse for then being WRONG about grammar BUT TELLING SOMEONE ELSE to learn English.
Okay!!!Before I get off track...
Take a look at the post you quoted of mine,it is different to what is posted BUT there is nothing to show I edited it....

I didn't tell anyone to learn English by the way.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Funny thing is that on top of the 50 tons this company cleaned up, the D.C. Department of Public Works and the National Park Service picked up more than 90 tons of garbage....

That makes 140 tons...

www.dcexaminer.com >> Local News (http://www.dcexaminer.com/local/012209-Then_a_massive_cleanup.html - broken link)
You keep finding new numbers. How do you know the 40 tons from New Years' Eve at Times Square is accurate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections