U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 08:38 PM

31,308 posts, read 16,519,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmyGrace View Post
Yeah, this is great. More power to the psycho criminals and less to decent Americans, right?
Actually it's less power to the psychos and more power to those principles that make us a decent people. You see it's people like yourself that allow societies to descend into fascism and totalitarian states. By enforcing the rule of law we removed another propaganda tool used by those who threaten us, by maintaining our steadfast resolve for upholding the rule of law that we demonstrate the superiority of our way of life. But you knew that, didn't you.

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, there is a psycho who was involved in the planning/execution of 9/11 housed at Gitmo.
Yeah, wouldn't have been nice to haul his reprobate behind before a Federal jury, try, convict and confine him to a 4x8 24/7 for the remainder of his natural life, too bad someone chose instead to waterboard the man so that it may now be impossible to try him in a court of law? See what happens when expediency overcomes rationality?

Quote:
Oh, wait a minute...according to you libs (b. hussein included), 9/11 never really happened, did it?
That is beyond pale and is unworthy of a civil response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 08:41 PM

31,308 posts, read 16,519,653 times
Late in Day 2, the world wind of change continues as Obama appoints two veteran and highly regarded diplomats, Richard Holbrook and George Mitchell, to respectively set a new course in Afghanistan and the Middle East.

To steal from John McCain, that's Change you can count on.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:00 PM

16,311 posts, read 13,134,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
That is beyond pale and is unworthy of a civil response.
The clueless are really becoming pathetic in their desperation ain't they

Old 01-22-2009, 10:22 PM

4,828 posts, read 3,896,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmyGrace View Post
Yeah, this is great. More power to the psycho criminals and less to decent Americans, right? If I'm not mistaken, there is a psycho who was involved in the planning/execution of 9/11 housed at Gitmo. I wonder how b. hussein plans to explain his completely deranged executive order to the families who lost loved ones on 9/11. Oh, wait a minute...according to you libs (b. hussein included), 9/11 never really happened, did it? Or, wait...those 3,000 innocent people somehow deserved it. This pathetic administration becomes more dangerous, evil and destructive with each passing minute.
You just hit a nerve with me! I am sick and tired of you right wingers invoking 9/11! Just like Ann Coulter attacking the widows of the victims you only use 9/11 to give merit to the blunders that your party has made over the last seven years! I am a NYer and work near the WTC and see all the tourist completely disrespect the site where that tragedy occured! The closing of Guantanamo is very important because it goes to showthat in the end we are better than those who attacked us and will not change our belief in the rule of law! Here in NY we will not be terrorized to lower ourselves to the terrorist level! Atleast thats how I feel! Guantanamo was just another tragedy! I hope Abu Ghraib would follow! God bless America and our new president!

Old 01-23-2009, 02:09 PM

500 posts, read 564,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
You just hit a nerve with me! I am sick and tired of you right wingers invoking 9/11! Just like Ann Coulter attacking the widows of the victims you only use 9/11 to give merit to the blunders that your party has made over the last seven years! I am a NYer and work near the WTC and see all the tourist completely disrespect the site where that tragedy occured! The closing of Guantanamo is very important because it goes to showthat in the end we are better than those who attacked us and will not change our belief in the rule of law! Here in NY we will not be terrorized to lower ourselves to the terrorist level! Atleast thats how I feel! Guantanamo was just another tragedy! I hope Abu Ghraib would follow! God bless America and our new president!

Well I can only hope they stick those American hating creeps in your backyard, and knowing NYC politics, they probably will. I am sick and tired of people wanting to kiss the butts of these nasty terrorists. Maybe you need to go take another look at the hole where the WTC Buildings used to be.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:02 PM

109 posts, read 123,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
It's called restoring the rule of law.
If this country still had a rule of law, The One would not be in the White House, as he is constitutionally ineligible as he is not a natural born citizen. Let's not forget the new soon to be head of the Treasury, who is a tax cheat. If one of the elite makes a tax "error," it is whitewashed. If one of us peons makes a tax error, there are penalties, interest, audits, and perhaps even jail. Where is the rule of law?

Old 01-24-2009, 06:12 PM

4,828 posts, read 3,896,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
Well I can only hope they stick those American hating creeps in your backyard, and knowing NYC politics, they probably will. I am sick and tired of people wanting to kiss the butts of these nasty terrorists. Maybe you need to go take another look at the hole where the WTC Buildings used to be.
I see it every day, as I stated I work near the WTC! Thats why I can't believe people like you have allowed us to stoop to the levelof the tourist! As I watch tourist pose for pics waving two thumbs in the air I throw up in my mouth at the disrespect they show! I accept their rights! I move on because I believe in my country and the rule of law! They can stick the people that they have no evidence or right to hold wherever they want! Unlike you chicken hawks we will not be affraid or terrorized! You talk big but thats all you got!Two wrongs don't make a right!

Old 01-24-2009, 06:32 PM

2,260 posts, read 2,272,683 times
Here's another great change for the week.

Commentary: Obama breaks his own rule - CNN.com

Old 01-24-2009, 07:32 PM

2,401 posts, read 2,854,812 times
Its time for Change don't you know. Change to him means what is good for him.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:04 PM

502 posts, read 521,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Charles Manson is a pretty big ******* but people don't seem ***** about him being in a max security prison.
Technically Manson never participated in the murders for which he was committed.

But I am sure McVeigh got a nice comfy bed and good square meals before he was put down. He killed American's didn't he? And he was an American. How ironic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections