Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 11:52 AM

503 posts, read 937,079 times

Advertisements

That is exactly how The Messiah must feel. American soldiers died to defend this country, and capture terrorists and barack is letting them go. He just suspended the trials for five of the mean who planned the terrorist attacks on 911. He is moving them from Gitmo to a prison near you, and the American tax payer is paying for thier prison cell, food, lawyers and they are given American court treatment. Please explain again why this guy is was elected again. Oh thats right because he sounds smart, looks good and is historic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 11:55 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,145,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
That is exactly how The Messiah must feel. American soldiers died to defend this country, and capture terrorists and barack is letting them go. He just suspended the trials for five of the mean who planned the terrorist attacks on 911. He is moving them from Gitmo to a prison near you, and the American tax payer is paying for thier prison cell, food, lawyers and they are given American court treatment. Please explain again why this guy is was elected again. Oh thats right because he sounds smart, looks good and is historic.
They stay in prison. The American taxpayer was already paying for them. We will handle them within our system and not be violating international law. Nothing has changed exept the location of the prisoners and our violation of international law regarding torture has stopped.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
They stay in prison. The American taxpayer was already paying for them. We will handle them within our system and not be violating international law. Nothing has changed exept the location of the prisoners and our violation of international law regarding torture has stopped.

So why were thier trials suspended? Taxpayers were not buying lawyers for them, but they will be now. They werent next door, but they will be now. Yes your right we should not dunk their heads in water, when they cut captured soldiers heads off, yes nice trade off.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:05 PM

112 posts, read 173,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post

Since you feel so warm and cozy about these terrorist then I hope you get them in your back yard and I don't and you better pray they never break out. Obama will probably pardon them if possible.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KySS View Post
Since you feel so warm and cozy about these terrorist then I hope you get them in your back yard and I don't and you better pray they never break out. Obama will probably pardon them if possible.

That is definitely coming. You wait, before you know it The Messiah will be pardoning all the terrorists and prosecuting the brave soldiers that captured them. God help us

Old 01-22-2009, 12:31 PM

112 posts, read 173,004 times
Quote:
That is definitely coming. You wait, before you know it The Messiah will be pardoning all the terrorists and prosecuting the brave soldiers that captured them. God help us

I agree vegas the American people just don't know what they have done...But it will unfold very quickly I believe, but then it will be to late.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:33 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:

WHY was he elected?

Because people were damn sick & tired of the fear mongers who would trample the Constitution and have America sink to the lowest levels of shoot from the hip injustice in the name of 'patriotism'.

Last edited by burdell; 01-22-2009 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-22-2009, 12:36 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,765,227 times
If these, or any other terrorists, invade my yard with evil intent we will dance and see who is hauled away in the meat wagon. I do not expect it to be me.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KySS View Post
I agree vegas the American people just don't know what they have done...But it will unfold very quickly I believe, but then it will be to late.
You are so right, someone like obama will make changes that just will not be able to be fixed, for example:

1. The American markets dependence on the government
2. The destruction of the free market
3. The political shift from conservative to liberal thanks to illegal immagrants ability to vote
4. Infestation of Unions

...and that is only the beginning.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:39 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,982,588 times
All Gitmo did was create a bad view of America by the rest of the world.

It represented torture, and prisoner abuse, which are two things America does not stand for, and will not tolerate.

It represented a facility where people were detained without being told why they were there.

Obama is trying to improve this by closing this facility, and trying prisoners within the American judicial system.

Bush turned the entire world against us, and turned America into one of the most hated countries.

Obama is now trying to restore our moral standing in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections