Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 12:53 PM

102 posts, read 157,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Can we leave children alone for god sake. One thing to comment on President Obama or President Bush but children should be off limits.
Funny nobody on here mentioned this when Sarah Palin's kids were being trashed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 12:59 PM

877 posts, read 2,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmyGrace View Post
Funny nobody on here mentioned this when Sarah Palin's kids were being trashed.
But Sarah Palin was an Evil Conservative, so it was OK.

Same for the Bush daughters when they were attacked.

Honestly, my question is why were the kids wearing "J Crew"? Their parents should have made sure they were wearing their Sunday bests, and I would hope that at least Michelle would know that JCrew is not formal attire.

I make no assumptions about Barack's style, as a married man he obviously has no say in the matter, and has probably lost his ability to coordinate.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:01 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,348,325 times
Let's compare the online stores.

The Obama girls' JCrew dress coats cost about $100 according to the press release.

The Bush twins always wore designer clothing such as Lela Rose, Badgley Mischka and Oscar De La Renta. priceless

That former female candidate dressed her kids in clothes from Saks and Neiman Marcus for the campaign trail. Neiman has one ugly fake fur mid-length kid's coat for $358. Saks has a white Burberry trenchcoat, not warm enough, for $358, and a black wool Juicy Couture short coat for $250.

Bloomingdales has the same Burberry trenchcoat for $445

Macys has a Via Spiaga belted walking coat for $198 and a hooded wool coat with faux fur trim for $175

K-mart has a few short puff jackets suitable for playwear. $10.00

Looks like Obama Mama made wise choices. Stylish, practical, re-wearable and affordable.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:02 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
The liberal elite he is.

I guess the Obamas and Bidens and others are too classy to shop at Wal-Mart or even Macy's or Sears like the rest of us.
Lol, J. Crew? My daughter will love this, she defends them all the time.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:04 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times
WHO BLOODY CARES WHAT THE CHILDREN WERE WEARING?
Why is this an issue for some people? It seems more and more like sour grapes to me!
Frankly, I thought they were dressed just fine and age appropriate and I NEVER thought people would be so vindictive.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:08 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Oh not HIGH TOOLOTIN FANCY JCREW

Is this for real??????

Old 01-23-2009, 01:08 PM

102 posts, read 157,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
WHO BLOODY CARES WHAT THE CHILDREN WERE WEARING?
Why is this an issue for some people? It seems more and more like sour grapes to me!
Frankly, I thought they were dressed just fine and age appropriate and I NEVER thought people would be so vindictive.
Me neither...until I read the inane attacks on here re. Sarah Palin's children, clothing, pregnancy...I guess as long as the vindictive attacks are against conservatives, it's a-ok.

And, incidentally, as I didn't watch the coronation or any coverage thereof, I can't comment; however, in light of the fair treatment of Sarah Palin and her children, I'd love to have something to say.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:09 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
But Sarah Palin was an Evil Conservative, so it was OK.

Same for the Bush daughters when they were attacked.

Honestly, my question is why were the kids wearing "J Crew"? Their parents should have made sure they were wearing their Sunday bests, and I would hope that at least Michelle would know that JCrew is not formal attire.

I make no assumptions about Barack's style, as a married man he obviously has no say in the matter, and has probably lost his ability to coordinate.
JCrew sells formal attire.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:11 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
I thought he was being fascitious! He was serious?!? What a moronic thing to post!!

Old 01-23-2009, 01:13 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Obama chose to "empathize" with Palin, who's fielding criticism for her expensive duds from high-end stores like Neiman Marcus.
"A VP pick, it's like being shot out of a cannon. All of a sudden you're at the center of attention, and you want to look good," Obama said.
150G? Try Michelle Obama's $340

That was gentlemanly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections