Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 07:35 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Oh, wait...
Are you on the right thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 07:36 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekTruth View Post
The past 72 hours of Obama's presidency has been a TOTAL FAILURE!
Today's example is he wouldn't answer questions to the press about shooting missles into Pakistan. Why the heck are we now shooting missles into Pakistan a soveign country!!!

He man-handled one reporter. One reporter asked about the timing of the bailout to help displaced people and he got put in his place. What happened to "Mr. Transparency" and "change"? Unfreaking believable!
You might want to change SeekTruth to LoneRanger.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:37 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
i don't smell anything except for a faint hint of republican.

yes
yes we can! Yes we will!

Old 01-25-2009, 07:39 PM

In response to:
Its just a matter of time until Obama screws up and there is a huge backlash of him and his policies. How long will this take? I honestly hope his intentions are good, but some of his policies downright stink. Am I the only one who feels an Obama backlash is looming in the near future?

Yes you can what? Yes you will what?

Old 01-26-2009, 07:19 AM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

Yes you can what? Yes you will what?
Did you miss my earlier thread where I listed his accomplishments in but a few days of office? With your enormous post count (dunno how you do it really; 8k in roughly 13 mo), I'm guessing you did as you must either post (or at least read) in every thread on this board...

There's one more accomplishment since then that I won't mention at this moment, because you're just being too condescending...

Old 01-26-2009, 09:32 AM

Obama Approval Rating Is 68% (12% disapproval) in First Days on Job

More 'backlash'... if he doesn't stop doing things to tick people off, he may become the most popular president in history...

Old 01-26-2009, 09:34 AM

Yes I saw your post Tekki... Those are things you feel are accomplishments. Gitmo, Giehtner, transparency, lobbying... he has at least made the first week of his presidency one where firm actions followed by second thoughts are not uncommon. Either way time always tells.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 01-26-2009 at 10:02 AM..

Old 01-26-2009, 09:36 AM

419 posts, read 602,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Obama Approval Rating Is 68% (12% disapproval) in First Days on Job

More 'backlash'... if he doesn't stop doing things to tick people off, he may become the most popular president in history...
Another poll has him at 60%. This isnt about being popular but doing what is best for Americans.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:55 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plovedupont View Post
Another poll has him at 60%. This isnt about being popular but doing what is best for Americans.
And so far, I believe what he is doing is best for Americans. He's been doing a great job so far, greater than I personally expected.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Yes I saw your post Tekki... Those are things you feel are accomplishments. Gitmo, Giehtner, transparency, lobbying... he has at least made the first week of his presidency one where firm actions followed by second thoughts are not uncommon. Either way time always tells.
Haha, I never mentioned Geihtner or Lobbying... looks like you may have a few favs of your own, 'ol chap. Are you having an political identity crisis BigJon?

Only one way to tell for sure... let's look at Gitmo as it's the simplest ways to know... if you are AGAINST what Obama is attempting to do at Gitmo (i.e. close it down), YOUR CAN'T POSSIBLY BE CONSERVATIVE. It's simply not possible. It is so far against the grain of conservatism (founded from Libertarianism) as is humanly possible. Even Bush (its creator, or perhaps Cheney, who knows), in an interview said [closing] it is not as easy as it sounds... implying that he doesn't necessarily agree with Gitmo.

Anyway, here's one for you to nibble on:

-reversed ********'s restrictions on Freedom of Information Act requests as well as changes to the Presidential Records Act to facilitate disclosure and transparency

If you can spin that, I will eat my shoes (or this onigiri in front of me right now), whichever comes first...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections