Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What annoys you most?
Obama himself 12 14.63%
Obama's supporters 42 51.22%
No opinion 11 13.41%
Other 17 20.73%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 09:21 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,580,582 times

Advertisements

Obama doesn't annoy me that much. I don't like his views on redistributing wealth. I do admit that Obama does act and look very Presidential most of the time unlike Vice President Biden. I am much more annoyed by Obama supporters and how they act. I also hate those stupid shirts and pictures with an Obama portrait drawn like old Soviet/Communist propaganda posters. I saw them everywhere around my school during the weeks leading up to the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 10:03 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
You're the last person to speak for California or ocexpo It's like the moron Bush [who is from your state] defending McCain's humiliating loss. Do yourself a favor & limit your comments to your own state & at least only embarrass other Texans
What's the matter there happy? Jealous of Orange County? If you worked as hard in life as the residents in that RED county, you just might be successful too!

...And also, just to prove you wrong for the 10,000th time on this forum, Bush is from Mass. and educated at Yale, one of your fine liberal NE schools, although he chooses to live now in the great and non economically challenged state of Texas

Old 01-26-2009, 10:14 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,715,362 times
I've warmed up to Obama and hope he does great things for this country, but some of his followers swear the man walks on water. People, he's a politician, not the Messiah.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:45 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,685,553 times
I voted his supporters most annoying, mainly because I've NEVER seen so many people acting like God dropped right out of heaven to anoint them personally or something. And the hymns....that killed it for me! As for Obama, one thing that really irritates me about him to the point that I can't even listen to him, is that he whistles his S's. I have to change the channel on the radio or tv every time he's on. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me...

Old 01-27-2009, 11:26 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,606,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
What's the matter there happy? Jealous of Orange County? If you worked as hard in life as the residents in that RED county, you just might be successful too!

...And also, just to prove you wrong for the 10,000th time on this forum, Bush is from Mass. and educated at Yale, one of your fine liberal NE schools, although he chooses to live now in the great and non economically challenged state of Texas
Sad that you don't know how "out-of-sync" you are from other Texans who look away in embarrassment every time you post. Don't be ashamed of your worship of Bush but know that you speak only for yourself in Houston. Quit being a clown in front of the world.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:44 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Actually the only thing so far that we are bothered by is Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, other than those two, we like some of Obama's proposals on SS. We wish him well.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:51 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,931,980 times
i tinks osama is a sosilist. I dont know what that is as I nevir got past 7th grade. but i am sure he is out there to take my mony and give it to bums! I am not very educatid so i dont know that sosilism and capitalism both have taxes and having the goverment regulate the banks happend on bush's term. I am not smart enough for that so I just call him a sosilist and hate him!

Old 01-27-2009, 12:03 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
I'm not annoyed by Obama. I think I would probably like him if I met him. I hope he does a good job and makes me want to vote for him in 2012. I do disagree with him on a lot of things though.

Of his supporters, some are annoying, others are not.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:09 PM

217 posts, read 513,066 times
Obama's extreme hardcore supporters remind me of the people who attended Jim Jones "Peoples Temple".

Old 01-27-2009, 12:22 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
I voted for the supporters not because of them personally but because it scares me how they look at him like he is a "God". He is a man no more and he should be seen as such not as a messiah that will magically solve all your problems. The only one that will make you happy and fix your life, is you not a politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections