Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 01:48 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,438,048 times

Advertisements

To combat Obama, al-Qaida hurls insults - Washington Post- msnbc.com
from page two of the above
"The leadership of al-Qaeda is very concerned about the wide support that Obama has been receiving from Arab and Muslim countries," Katz said. "To combat this threat, al-Qaeda has embarked on a propaganda campaign against Obama, not only by linking him to the policies of the Bush administration, including the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan, but also by accusing him of actions in which he had no part."
"Inevitably Obama will make certain decisions that will be unpopular and which the propagandists will quickly castigate," Pillar said. "I expect that the honeymoon will be just as fragile and short as with the American electorate."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 01:50 AM

Let's take a wait and see approach on this one. It's obvious that their insults towards Obama were to try to make him do something rash. Personal insults don't mean as much here as they do in some countries and cultures. I'll admit that if having Obama as president means a reduction in Al Qaeda members then that's a good thing. I'll withhold my opinion on his economy plan for later.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:50 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,221,627 times
So now al-queda has your respect, dave?
Doesn't that make you a traitor?

Old 01-25-2009, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So now al-queda has your respect, dave?
Doesn't that make you a traitor?
It appears you jumped to a conclusion too quickly. Look at my second message which appears directly above yours. Unlike most liberals who have a blind hatred of Bush, I can admit when a candidate I don't like or or voted for is doing something right.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:58 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,140,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
It appears you jumped to a conclusion too quickly. Look at my second message which appears directly above yours. Unlike most liberals who have a blind hatred of Bush, I can admit when a candidate I don't like or or voted for is doing something right.

Since you make the inane, baseless, parrot-like remark "most liberals who have a blind hatred of Bush", WHY should anyone place any credence in anything else you say?

Old 01-25-2009, 03:37 AM

I base my statement on the many anti-Bush people I've seen on several message boards who cannot acknowledge anything GW Bush has done that was good. What few that do name one thing always seem to feel the need to include in their post several negatives to follow that one good example just to show their hatred for Bush. Not all liberals have a blind hatred of Bush but judging by what I've seen on the evening news, message boards, protest marches, and political conventions I feel safe in saying most liberals do have a blind hatred of Bush.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:43 AM

Quote:
I base my statement on the many anti-Bush people I've seen on several message boards who cannot acknowledge anything GW Bush has done that was good. What few that do name one thing always seem to feel the need to include in their post several negatives to follow that one good example just to show their hatred for Bush. Not all liberals have a blind hatred of Bush but judging by what I've seen on the evening news, message boards, protest marches, and political conventions I feel safe in saying most liberals do have a blind hatred of Bush.

YOU allege blind hatred

When someone dislikes Bush and gives a reason it's neither blind nor hatred.

WHY is it the NeoConfused are so quick to make these false accusations of hatred when they cannot defend their views?

This is decidely a one-sided phenomena, we rarely if ever see accusations of Clinton-hatred from the left when the NeoConfuseds go off on their self-righteous moral witch hunts.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:52 AM

I can freely admit some things I thought Clinton did right. One thing I believe he was right to do was line item veto. I also thought it was right to stop the genocide in Bosnia/Kosovo. I believed he made a good ambassador when entertaining foreign leaders. I like some of the things Obama has said he'd like to get done but disagree with him on other items. I've seen completely unrelated topics in which people managed to bring back up their hatred for Bush. Some kooks have actually tried to blame the formation of hurricane Katrina on Bush! Now can you address my first two post and get this discussion a rest?

Old 01-25-2009, 03:59 AM

Quote:
I can freely admit some things I thought Clinton did right. One thing I believe he was right to do was line item veto. I also thought it was right to stop the genocide in Bosnia/Kosovo. I believed he made a good ambassador when entertaining foreign leaders. I like some of the things Obama has said he'd like to get done but disagree with him on other items. I've seen completely unrelated topics in which people managed to bring back up their hatred for Bush. Some kooks have actually tried to blame the formation of hurricane Katrina on Bush! Now can you address my first two post and get this discussion a rest?
A rest? It was you that made the accusation of Liberals' blind hatred. Even above you're still with the unfounded "hatred for Bush" statement. You still fail to give a rational explanation of just how disagreement with someone's decisions for specific reason(s) translates to hatred? It's YOU that need sto put this baseless allegation to rest.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:12 AM

I've gone over some of your post regarding the Bush administration. Seems you can't comment on the Bush administration without throwing some form of insult their way be it "eyerolls" or NeoConfused or making some remark about Dick Cheney's name. Can you point to something President Bush did that you felt was right and do so without being insulting to him or his administration? By the same token, I can point to things I disagree with Bush on. I completely disagreed with him on his immigration policy and his infrequent use of his Veto power to help curb congressional spending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections