Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 11:34 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Oh, okay. So then wouldn't you want a "10" to be drug free?

And if Obama's drug use is irrelevant, why the heck are Leftist Hardliners doing bringing up the fact that the current Pope was in the Nazi Youth - as was EVERYBODY in Germany at that time?

How can you guys continue to fail to make the connection?
I don't care about a person's personal life. Past or present. To me, Obama's drug use is a non-issue. The same applies to the Pope in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 11:49 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,319 times
Quote:
Oh, okay. So then wouldn't you want a "10" to be drug free?

And if Obama's drug use is irrelevant, why the heck are Leftist Hardliners doing bringing up the fact that the current Pope was in the Nazi Youth - as was EVERYBODY in Germany at that time?

The Pope is acting awful self righteous considering his past..that of joining the Hitler Youth and then the German Army. He didn't exactly distinguish himself as a resister did he? He's got a lot of gall lecturing others about morality.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:55 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
I don't care about a person's personal life. Past or present. To me, Obama's drug use is a non-issue. The same applies to the Pope in my opinion.
Well then, at least your consistent on this issue. Thank you.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
The Pope is acting awful self righteous considering his past..that of joining the Hitler Youth and then the German Army. He didn't exactly distinguish himself as a resister did he? He's got a lot of gall lecturing others about morality.
Good grief, either read some history or just put a sock in it.

Did all those German boys, who were getting blown to bits by Allied Forces, REALLY go out and "volunteer for the cause"?

But if we're going to pursue your line of illogic, Obama sure is acting awfully self-righteous, regarding his decisions to do cocaine and other drugs. Don't you have to wonder if maybe - just maybe - that previous drug use did permanent damage?

After all, a person's past is the only thing we're talking about here, right?

Old 01-26-2009, 12:02 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Considering a little over half of the Catholics voted for Obama (and we all knew what his record was on abortion), I'd venture to guess that American Catholics could give a rat's behind what the Vatican says at this point.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:03 PM

3 posts, read 8,850 times
I just wondering what else is hiding in the Vatican's secret library. I wonder if there is documents that the catholics started the holicost to rid the earth of the Jewish people, again. After all they tried to exterminate people for 600 years for them not wanting to turn Catholic and they walled up a lot of Jewish people for 300 years trying to force them to convert. They even kidnapped a jewish kid from his parents and converted him. Called the inquasition files. Napoliaon found cases and cases of documents that he took back to France of this from the Vatician library of secrets. Pope John paul in 2004 appolgied for this but they still use fear to control the masses. This was on PBS not to long ago. They and all cult religions use fear and sex to control the masses and prey upon the the people who have mental illnesses the poor and the desperate for their greedy little ventures.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Considering a little over half of the Catholics voted for Obama (and we all knew what his record was on abortion), I'd venture to guess that American Catholics could give a rat's behind what the Vatican says at this point.
That's pretty obvious.

The Roman Catholic Church is completely anti-abortion (and birth-control, for that matter), yet Catholics tend to vote for pro-abortionists.

Interesting.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:09 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Why do you start threads when one already exists on this subject? The last thing I want my president to do it bow to ANY religious organization when making policy decision. He made the right decision, and I couldn't care less what the pope thinks of it!

Old 01-26-2009, 12:09 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,319 times
Quote:
That's pretty obvious.

The Roman Catholic Church is completely anti-abortion (and birth-control, for that matter), yet Catholics tend to vote for pro-abortionists.

Interesting.

What do you expect? The Pope's an ex Nazi, who knows how many priests are child molesters, and their views are straight out of the dark ages.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:10 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
Quote:
That's pretty obvious.

Interesting.
Pro-abortion means mandatory abortion for everyone.

Obama is pro-choice, which means he's for the woman making the choice. No matter what that choice is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections