Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 08:21 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,609,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubbybear View Post

Ok, I work for Department of Defense and my sister works for VA. She said that at her hospital in South Carolina and in the VA's largest hospital in Tampa, they have yet to hang pictures of any of the new administration, which is required in ALL VA buildings. Am I paranoid to have a strong feeling this has everything to do with his being black? She asked her hospital's public affairs person and they said the pictures would be ready in March. MARCH?! We've known who won since November 2008 and the official picture was available for print since before the inarguration.

If any of you work for VA and have your pictures up already, feel free to sound off here. I'd be interested to know if this is just a coincidence. Meanwhile, I'll just sit here and stew in suspicion.
I bet the U.S. Department of Immigration and Naturalization was reluctant to hang a picture of Jimmy Carter in their offices after he let Cuba spill 125,000 criminals into our country in 1980 via Miami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 08:21 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:

Ok, I work for Department of Defense and my sister works for VA. She said that at her hospital in South Carolina and in the VA's largest hospital in Tampa, they have yet to hang pictures of any of the new administration, which is required in ALL VA buildings. Am I paranoid to have a strong feeling this has everything to do with his being black? She asked her hospital's public affairs person and they said the pictures would be ready in March. MARCH?! We've known who won since November 2008 and the official picture was available for print since before the inarguration.

If any of you work for VA and have your pictures up already, feel free to sound off here. I'd be interested to know if this is just a coincidence. Meanwhile, I'll just sit here and stew in suspicion.

No need to be paranoid Scrubbybear. See, the pictures are being sent out by the federal government, and the federal government does few things efficiently. The reason why conservatives want to limit the size and scope of government is that the more they are in charge of doing, the more opportunities they have to screw up. So don't worry friend because they're not being racist, their being incompetent, and that's normal.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:46 PM

425 posts, read 665,471 times
Good Grief! I seldom lose my temper, but dayum

The pictures are not yet ready - it is not a conspiracy

Do you really think there is one person in this Nation that does NOT know who the President of the United States is - the world is collapsing and you are worried about a freakin' picture?

Build your shrine to your new American Idol at your house and get a life!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:48 PM

83 posts, read 271,427 times
Default Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No need to be paranoid Scrubbybear. See, the pictures are being sent out by the federal government, and the federal government does few things efficiently. The reason why conservatives want to limit the size and scope of government is that the more they are in charge of doing, the more opportunities they have to screw up. So don't worry friend because they're not being racist, their being incompetent, and that's normal.
I hate to be so paranoid, but there are LOTS of racists in this country. And that seems to be especially true at certain VA hospitals for some reason. During the election, my sister's co-worker told her, "no decent redneck will allow this to happen." OMG! Really? Was she just inferring the assassination of a black man who dared to run for President? Why yes she was. Apparently she was not alone, as my sister heard many conversations featuring the theme that, "we're giving our country away to them." I did try to find the regulation that outlines what is considered a timely manner to display the photos and I couldn't find any. I like the idea of ineptitude because it's less hostile and depressing.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:52 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,020 times
Quote:
I hate to be so paranoid, but there are LOTS of racists in this country. And that seems to be especially true at certain VA hospitals for some reason. During the election, my sister's co-worker told her, "no decent redneck will allow this to happen." OMG! Really? Was she just inferring the assassination of a black man who dared to run for President? Why yes she was. Apparently she was not alone, as my sister heard many conversations featuring the theme that, "we're giving our country away to them." I did try to find the regulation that outlines what is considered a timely manner to display the photos and I couldn't find any. I like the idea of ineptitude because it's less hostile and depressing.
You are absolutely right that there is a lot of racism in America. Lots of it. But it's not just whites against blacks. Racism really doesn't have any racial boundaries.

Honestly though, I really doubt that racism has anything to do with why President Obama's picture isn't up at some VA Hospitals. It'd be too obvious, and too easy to trace. Heads would roll. And I doubt that some silly redneck is going to risk his job for the cheap thrill of not putting up a picture of the President.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:01 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
It's NOT their RIGHT.....It's taxpayer dollars they are operating on.If they should have refused any in history,it should have been that AWOL slacker Bush.A total disgrace.
OK, first please be so kind as to find out what you're talking about. No one is ever AWOL from a reserve unit, and it's UA (unauthorized absence). Reservist are not under the UCMJ (uniform code of military justice) when not at a scheduled drill meeting or on active duty (IATD or ATD). If a reserve unit member fails to attend monthly drill meetings, but has not been activated, the CO (commanding officer) may transfer this individual to IRR (individual ready reserves) or involuntary Active Duty, typically for two years minus any active duty already served. Some aviation contracts have longer military service obligations (MSO). Once placed on Active Duty, the individual service member is subject to the UCMJ. Then, and only then, the service member may be UA for up to 30 days. After 30 days, they become a deserter.

GWB was never AWOL (UA) and was never a deserter. He was a "satisfactory participant" in his reserve unit.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:46 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,176,639 times
Quote:

Ok, I work for Department of Defense and my sister works for VA. She said that at her hospital in South Carolina and in the VA's largest hospital in Tampa, they have yet to hang pictures of any of the new administration, which is required in ALL VA buildings. Am I paranoid to have a strong feeling this has everything to do with his being black?

And here comes the race card again. It's getting tiresome.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:28 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,783 times
Quote:

Of course not. Anytime anyone disagrees with or sees something in a different light than Obama they are obviously racist. I mean we've been told that for the past year now.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:31 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,783 times
Quote:
Everyone seems to be forgetting that the photograph is DIGITAL!! They do have the Internet at the VA and a couple of them even have color printers! Every senior government official's photograph is available online for the express purpose of printing. So I have to ask why they haven't been printed locally. This is not rocket science.

How ghetto would that look?

Old 01-27-2009, 07:31 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Of course not. Anytime anyone disagrees with or sees something in a different light than Obama they are obviously racist. I mean we've been told that for the past year now.
Oh no, no, no! The election of Obama as President proves that we're BEYOND racism, remember?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections