Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 12:04 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
To conservatives who hate taxes, Geithner is the best man to head Treasury! What's not to like?
Even the Obama supporters have to find this funny....he nominates a tax dodger as Treasury Secretary....

And the funniest part is the people supported his nomination.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 01-27-2009 at 12:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 01:02 PM

986 posts, read 2,808,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Not sure how many others are feeling this ... but I still can't believe how great it feels to have President Obama in the White House !!!

It is like watching the sun come up for the very first time after an 8 year long storm.

We finally have a president who has America's best interests as his number one priority!

Someone who is highly educated ... someone who is highly inspirational ... someone who believes in science ... and someone who surrounds himself with the best and brightest advisers he can find ... and actually listens to them!!

President Obama is a like dream come true !!!
Oh My this is so sad....I want my new President to do a good job...but he is just a politician....Please promise that you will pay attention to what is going on. Alot of people vote and than go back to watching a little cnn and maybe their nightly news. They really do not know what is going on past the election. Do not let that be you...I know you think he is a dream come true, just do not loose site that he is just a politician.

Last edited by milliebfit; 01-27-2009 at 01:16 PM..

Old 01-27-2009, 01:09 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Reversal of funding for stem cell research, and the reversal of funding for family planning in foreign countries, Obama's doing a very good job so far. I just hope he continues in the direction he's going.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
Oh My this is so sad....I want my new President to do a good job...but he is just a politician....Please promise that you will pay attention to what is going on. Alot of people vote and than go back to watching a little cnn and maybe their nightly news. They really do not know what is going on past the election. Do not let that be you...I know you think he is a dream come true, just do not loose site that he is just a politician.
I have found this at my workplace...overwhelmingly voted for Obama....

Were ecstatic....the Wednesday after his inauguration all were talking about......football.

Sad to say.

People are done,that contest is over now it is time to see who will win the superbowl...

Old 01-27-2009, 01:54 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Folks, there is a topic here so lets stick to it.

Now if you wish to discuss something other than how Obama makes you happy, then guess what... you can start your own thread.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:02 PM

Just to be clear...ONLY those who Obama makes happy may post on this thread???

Old 01-27-2009, 02:12 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,166 times
At least post about why Obama doesn't make you happy, there is a vague topic we have to try to adhere to. Obama makes me ecstatic. For one, hes not Bush. Also, since he is under so much scrutiny from the right, you can be sure hes going to think long and hard about every decision he makes. He is smart enough to learn from Bush's mistakes. He isn't concerned with how history will portray him like Bush was, he just wants to do everything he can to make this country a better place, even if it makes him look bad now. I can't wait till America is out of this hole.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:22 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,695,313 times
Actually, I'm not sure he can do any of that without a teleprompter following him around with his responses pre programmed in.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:19 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Not sure how many others are feeling this ... but I still can't believe how great it feels to have President Obama in the White House !!!

It is like watching the sun come up for the very first time after an 8 year long storm.

We finally have a president who has America's best interests as his number one priority!

Someone who is highly educated ... someone who is highly inspirational ... someone who believes in science ... and someone who surrounds himself with the best and brightest advisers he can find ... and actually listens to them!!

President Obama is a like dream come true !!!
And you feel all this from ... let me see ... 7 days in office? Isn't this euphoria a little premature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
I know, I mean he managed to get an income tax evader nominated to head up the Treasury!!! The guy is simply amazing
Not only nominated, but in like Flynn. Amazing what you can get away with if you have a "D" after your name instead of an "R".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I feel the same way, before this I DREADED news of the president and his goings on, while I laugh at the jokes that are told about Bush, especially the snips on David Letterman, I got to the point where I felt so embarassed for him, it was hard to watch.

With Obama, I feel pride, a sense of excitement and wonder at what he will do next. I feel pride especially because Obama being elected is a sign that our country is growing and might someday get past its racist routes.
Not likely. There is still a lot of racism in this country and it hasn't been obliterated by the election of Obama.

However, what it has done is prove once and for all that black youth can no longer use the color of their skin as a copout for not achieving. If a black man can be President, then a black man can do whatever he sets his mind to. There are those who are not going to like that fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I think I prefer the term "cautious optimism" to "happiness" but whatever you want to call it, it's a positive feeling that so far seems to be growing. .............
This statement makes a lot more sense than all the others and this is an opinion and a feeling I can understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Perhaps this is a '' Be Happy '' thread only????
Here is another link for polling data...

Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Site. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_approval_index - broken link)
No, they don't get to have a "be happy" thread only. For all these years the Republicans have had an onslaught of hatred about Bush from the left. We could start all the happy threads we wanted and it wouldn't make a difference.

Just because your party won doesn't mean you own cyberspace ... not by a long shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Folks, there is a topic here so lets stick to it.

Now if you wish to discuss something other than how Obama makes you happy, then guess what... you can start your own thread.
Sorry, doesn't work like that. We can post disagreement anywhere we want just have you all have done for months on end. That's the beauty of this great country. Last I looked, we still have free speech.

I'm willing to give this President a fair shake, no question. He deserves it and I hope he's a great President; actually I pray he's a great President. But going ga ga over this man is just crazy!!!

Time will tell how he's doing and what the results of all these new policies will be. But give it a friggin' second! Geez! I feel like I'm at a Beatle's concert in the 50's!!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 05:38 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
I know, I mean he managed to get an income tax evader nominated to head up the Treasury!!! The guy is simply amazing
ROFL! Indeed! Even some of the Dems didn't vote to confirm this guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections