Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 11:30 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,494,344 times

Advertisements

I think the Ex-Senator has a good shot at being the next president if he runs.He is very well liked by many, my other choice would be Tancredo but I don't think he has much chance of winning.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=54647

His voting record:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Fred_Thompson.htm

Last edited by Jim280; 03-13-2007 at 12:08 AM.. Reason: add a link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 06:46 PM

177 posts, read 898,553 times
I think Fred is the only one on both sides with a chance of wining.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue1 View Post
I think Fred is the only one on both sides with a chance of wining.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I'm hoping he throws his hat in the ring and hits the campaign trail.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:56 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,693,098 times
I don't think he has the name recognition to become a serious canidate (I haven't heard of him). The three Republicans that could possibly be our next President are McCain, Guiliani, and Romney; the two Democrats are Clinton (hope not) and Obama.

This guy sounds like he could be a good President but I have my doubts that he'll get any recognition.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I don't think he has the name recognition to become a serious canidate (I haven't heard of him). The three Republicans that could possibly be our next President are McCain, Guiliani, and Romney; the two Democrats are Clinton (hope not) and Obama.

This guy sounds like he could be a good President but I have my doubts that he'll get any recognition.

I don't know Speedy, I think he could get the recognition he needs if he hit the campaign trail...and get his face back on TV as a politician rather than an actor. He was a good Senator and a good conservative, I think he would make a good President. I'm hoping he gives it a shot anyway.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:13 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,394,047 times
I disagree with some of his voting record. I still haven't seen a good candidate yet. I doubt there will be one that I can find has a lot of good qualities.

Old 03-16-2007, 12:24 AM

37,795 posts, read 40,994,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
I think the Ex-Senator has a good shot at being the next president if he runs.He is very well liked by many, my other choice would be Tancredo but I don't think he has much chance of winning.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=54647

His voting record:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Fred_Thompson.htm
I think Fred would make the race very interesting but he needs to make up his mind sooner than planned or all of the big money contributers will have already committed to someone else.

I hope he's not putting his name out there with the hopes of looking attractive to McCain for picking him as a running mate. I can tell you, that having Fred on the ticket for VP still would not make me vote for Kennedy/Feingold smooching McCain however adding Fred to the Giuliani ticket, now that I could go for. I don't think Gingrich or Romney can win against any Democrat so that would be pissing my vote away even though I like them better than McCain.

Old 03-16-2007, 08:34 AM

74 posts, read 234,569 times
Fred Thompson is about as solid a Conservative as you can find, but unfortunately, thats basical his undoing! Rommny has already been thrown under the bridge by the Christian right. McLaim has NO Conservative backing what so ever, (he hopes the dems he sucks up to will fill that gap)!
The reality is, Gulianni has the best shot by far. The city folks just might give him the left coast partly out of the targeted fear factor! He already has NY in the bag. He always was a Liberal Rep and that coupled with the fact that senators are virtualy NEVER elected Prez, he's in. I personaly thing Newt has the best brains for the job but thats not todays reality.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:20 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVIN-n-012 View Post
Fred Thompson is about as solid a Conservative as you can find, but unfortunately, thats basical his undoing! Rommny has already been thrown under the bridge by the Christian right. McLaim has NO Conservative backing what so ever, (he hopes the dems he sucks up to will fill that gap)!
The reality is, Gulianni has the best shot by far. The city folks just might give him the left coast partly out of the targeted fear factor! He already has NY in the bag. He always was a Liberal Rep and that coupled with the fact that senators are virtualy NEVER elected Prez, he's in. I personaly thing Newt has the best brains for the job but thats not todays reality.
I say no to Gulianni. He is a republican in name only. He respresents none of the conservative views. If he is our best shot then we are in worse shape than I thought. I am not willing to concede that quite yet.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:59 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,612,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
I say no to Gulianni. He is a republican in name only. He respresents none of the conservative views. If he is our best shot then we are in worse shape than I thought. I am not willing to concede that quite yet.
Time to take a "CD break" and get away from web development

You're absolutely right. We need someone who's even MORE conservative than Bush!!

- What national debt? As long as the printing presses still run we have all the cash we need.

- Why ban gay marriage? We need a candidate that'll send'em all to GITMO with the "terrorists"

- Education? If you can't figure out how to get one yourself you're probably not worth the government's time

- Illegal Immigration.. We can't just assimilate them into OUR country. If we do that, then what's next? How else are businesses supposed to get around that pesky minimum wage law?

- War on terror... Well here's one no candidate can improve on. We have not had a single hijacking since they started making people take their shoes off before boarding a plane.

- Abortion - I hope the next candidate is smart enough to give McDonalds a HUGE tax break so people will gorge themselves on their wonderful food. You don't have to worry about abortion if nobody is getting pregnant

- China... Just send them some more jobs, that'll keep'em busy. I hope the next candidate is smart enough to close down what little manufacturing we have left and send it over there. Those pesky blue collar workers. Maybe if they don't have jobs they'll die off so I can get where I'm going in the morning. It sure would be nice if the roads were clear.

- Religion - That should be ingrained in everyone's daily life. We need to get it back in schools, and back into society on the whole.

- Social Security - The religion thing takes care of that! We don't have to tell'em they won't actually be able to collect on it. We'll just tell'em its god's will and that if they really want it they should pray for it. Then when they don't get it we'll just call'em "sinners" and make it all their fault.

---This message was paid for by people who are not affiliated with John McCain---

-TT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections