Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 10:28 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Bush doesn't look quite as moronic now that Obama has redefined the meaning of the term. He burned over $ 2 Trillion in one month! Even during the Bush years, (R)'s were much better on spending than (D)'s.
You have watched too much FOX or something. Clearly you live in an alternate reality

Quote:
What a joke!
Ummm........yea. I would hope it was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 02:13 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
That is a Republican party that I could vote for.
Amen. The GOP of Teddy Roosevelt and the Fair Deal, for all people. The GOP we've seen too much of for too long is the party of the Inside Deal, for the wealthy only, the other 98% of us can go rot as far as today's GOP is concerned.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:33 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You have watched too much FOX or something. Clearly you live in an alternate reality

Ummm........yea. I would hope it was.

Kinda sounds like you are reading, watching, and listening to too much cBS, nbc, msnbc abc and ny times to me. Fox is in my opinion too far left, they just are not quite as bad as the others. So what will the democrats excuse be in 2 years for a rotten economy? By that time they will have controled congress for 4 years, and I see how great their leadership has been the last 2 ! If you can call that disaster leadership.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:08 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
Kinda sounds like you are reading, watching, and listening to too much cBS, nbc, msnbc abc and ny times to me. Fox is in my opinion too far left, they just are not quite as bad as the others. So what will the democrats excuse be in 2 years for a rotten economy? By that time they will have controled congress for 4 years, and I see how great their leadership has been the last 2 ! If you can call that disaster leadership.
That's an easy question: they'll blame Bush for the bad economy in 2 years.

I don't have a problem with the (D) politicians blaming Bush. The problem is that their cheerleaders in the Obamedia and the lemmings that follow them will continue to blame Bush and place NO blame on the (D)'s whatsoever!

Old 02-23-2009, 01:56 AM

Quote:
That's an easy question: they'll blame Bush for the bad economy in 2 years.

I don't have a problem with the (D) politicians blaming Bush. The problem is that their cheerleaders in the Obamedia and the lemmings that follow them will continue to blame Bush and place NO blame on the (D)'s whatsoever!

Yeah, they forget that 2 weeks into Bush's first term, everything from Clinton was no longer able to be called Clintons fault as it was all Bush by then.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:18 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
Yeah, they forget that 2 weeks into Bush's first term, everything from Clinton was no longer able to be called Clintons fault as it was all Bush by then.
You mean the surplus that Clinton created? I don't think he minds taking the blame for that... You really don't keep up with the news or America in general do you?

Pretty funny how Bush starting the most expensive and illegal war in American history while pretty much doubling our deficit is ok, but a democratic congress has to fix everything in 4 years or else they're useless.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
You mean the surplus that Clinton created? I don't think he minds taking the blame for that... You really don't keep up with the news or America in general do you?

Pretty funny how Bush starting the most expensive and illegal war in American history while pretty much doubling our deficit is ok, but a democratic congress has to fix everything in 4 years or else they're useless.

You actuly believe that lie about clinton and a nonexisting surplus without a deficit when the republican Congress had to drag him kicking and screaming to sign their budget bills? You're kidding right? Let's see, the dems controled congress the last 2 years, and it's the last 18 months that the econonmy really went into the toliet. Now if the dems are so good, why did that happen? BTW, What is so bad about today's far more realistic stock market being at the dot com inflated level of 1997 when it was celebrated as great then? I asked a media personality friend of mine that today, and he said it was simply hyping up Clinton back then and cutting down Bush today. So I asked him, why the double standard? He says if it's a republican, make it sound bad and if it's a democrat in the whitehouse, brag how great it is and great of a job the democrat is doing. Blows the honest reporting by big media idea doesn't it!

Old 02-24-2009, 02:14 AM

960 posts, read 1,163,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Either way, I wish every Republican would be voted out of office all across the nation, that way the Democrats can ruin the country on their own, and learn something called accepting the consequences of their actions.
Just like Clinton ruined the country! It really sucked when the stock market quadrupled, there were no wars, and everyone who wanted a job had one.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,875 times
Default Further DEBT America Don't Need!

I agree the Republicans have nearly ruined this nation via spending and Obama's going to utterly finish it off by matching Bush with 4X's more spending. Printing monies that we don't have and is worthless leaving the next 3 or 4 generations picking up the tab. This is the reason the republicians where voted out of office and so it will be with the Dem's... My prayer and vote will be for the repubs in 2010 who had the sense to stand and vote against more debt. I think we have all forgotten that you don't get out of debt by compounding debt but by cutting spending. This presidency is the worst I've seen and hopefully the end in 2012.

Sorry - you have it all wrong...

The Republicans and Bush already HAVE nearly ruined the nation...

It's Obama and the Democrats who are going to fix the mess that Bush left behind... with no help from the Republicans who screwed it up...

I do agree with you on one thing though - Republicans should be voted out of office in 2010... and they probably will be.[/quote]

Old 04-16-2009, 08:24 PM

960 posts, read 1,163,240 times
Unfortunately any prez would spend like crazy now; after all, it's a real emergency, unlike every other "emergency" since Reagan and excepting Afghanistan. At least a lot of what Obama is spending on can potentially do more good than harm, unlike almost all of Bush's spending. Whereas the taxpayers lost all of the $billions sunk into pre-condemned buildings in Iraq, new buildings that now need to be torn down, and whose demolition would probably be paid with further no-bid contracts if Republicans were still in power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections