Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where should the stimulus go?
Checks 13 24.53%
Package 11 20.75%
Combination of both 14 26.42%
Neither 15 28.30%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 02:45 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times

Advertisements

You want stimulus stop RUNNNING TO THE FREAKING GOVERNMENT!!!!!

They lie, cheat and steal and print money that isnt even real why are you asking this goverment for anything clearly they can't do anything right. Let the companies fail that suck!! period end of story welcome to reality folks lets move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 02:48 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Here is what folded hands will reap.

Again Moody's:

Old 02-04-2009, 02:54 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times
The whole concept is simply retarted.
Let the chips fall where they may but dont use MY tax money to bail out anybody.
How difficult is it to understand that buisnesses fail every single day & people become broke. Now because its hapenning to big rich kids we need to bail them out? & to top it off instead of pissing folks off it gets them wanting some money. It IS already our money. If people picked up the phone & said NO DONT DO IT to their legislators instead of bickering on a message board things might get better.

& people wonder why we are where we are at.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:59 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Whatever bankrupts the government quickest is fine with me.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:20 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Osama Bin Laden would be very proud.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
The whole concept is simply retarted.
Only for those who haven't the foggiest idea about economics, or are willfully stupid.

Quote:
Let the chips fall where they may but dont use MY tax money to bail out anybody.
Shall we pray that you will never be in need of the quotation, by the grace of god, go I. At the current rate of deflation it is more likely that others may say that when they look at you.

Quote:
How difficult is it to understand that buisnesses fail every single day & people become broke.
How difficult for you to understand that this isn't just a simple case of mom and pop Johnson closing the local soda shop? Paulson and Bernanke made the same assumption with Lehman Bros and the Dow dropped 500 points sparking a world wide domino effect which we are currently laboring under. But to understand that, requires, as I say earlier, have some clue about economics.

[/quote]Now because its hapenning to big rich kids we need to bail them out?[/quote]

Rich kids? Try thinking about every 401(k) and pension fund for not so rich kids.

Quote:
people wonder why we are where we are at.
I don't. I just read these sorts of post and I know full well why we have a problem.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Well that has been the real causa belli of the right for the last 30 years. Starve the government so that it withers away. Frankly V.I. Lenin would be proud, accept instead of "The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation." The right wing mantra has been to crush the middle class.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:42 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,355,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Please tell me how spending $300 million on STD prevention is going to create jobs??? Is the money going to build Condom Factories?
Might well go to health care professionals, teachers (no, probably not grade school teachers), etc. Prevention is not a matter of providing condoms, but rather a matter of making sure that every sexually active person is informed, and knows how to protect him /herself! And just think of the health care savings to be gained by a dramatic decrease in STD's!

Old 02-04-2009, 03:47 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,355,355 times
Who here remembers that we live in a consumer driven economy? Who here remembers (or knows about) Henry Ford's great contribution to the economy?

So, why not divide the stimulus money between "incentives" for small business and limited time frame credit cards that MUST be spent, within a specific time frame, before they expire. This will prevent folks from socking it away in savings, and will stimulate demand that can then be filled by creating new jobs. * Some conditions and restrictions may apply

Old 02-04-2009, 04:02 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,262 times
I have talked to opponents of government intervention in the economy (some of them being friends of mine) and when I ask them to give me some real life examples of economies in distress that turned around by themselves without some form of government intervention (by lowering interest rates, increasing spending etc), they cannot cite any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections