Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 09:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,455,213 times

Advertisements

Everyone has to suffer except the unions and welfare recipients. No cuts at all for any of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 10:07 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,311,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Everyone has to suffer except the unions and welfare recipients. No cuts at all for any of them.

People in these groups are likely to see their conditions improve while others are suffering. If there is any wonder as to why this woman got
re-elected (and by such wide margins), you have certainly highlighted two very large groups of Granholm supporters.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:47 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,184,195 times
Maybe if the Republicans in this state would quit putting up such backwards blowhards, we wouldn't have to be dealing with her right now. Why can't they find someone economically sound but not socially insane?

Old 02-06-2009, 02:38 AM

38,608 posts, read 26,231,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Her seventh State of the State speech. She says the same thing every year. She boosts confidence through her gift of great speaking. A true blue Democrat she is. "Everyone has to sacrifice" in her words.

It may be true.

But I never hear her take a swipe at unions. Unions have devestated Michigan. She doesn't have the guts to put down unions. Enough about unions.

Michigan has an opportunity to slash taxes across the board for businesses. Granholm has selected tax cuts for certain industries ( only ). To attract these industries to the state.

Michigan Republican politicians want to attract all businesses to the state and reduce taxes for domestic businesses.

Jennifer Granholm talks a great talk, but hopefully the citizens of Michigan will eventually throw her out.

People who don't live in Michigan will say that I'm a liar when I say that, Union ran industries have given employees paid days off to vote for a Democrat --- but it's the truth.

Granholm has to go. She even stated during her address that she was expecting Obama's stimulus plan to bail out part of Michigan's deficit.

Granholm will get voted out next time - against all Union influence. She would fit perfectly in Washington.

Doesn't anyone see how important it is to get some Republican control in Michigan?

Wisconsin needs to get to get off the idea of Democrats too. It's screwing up the whole state.

I'm in MI too. I can't wait for my new windmill to arrive so I can start selling electricity back to DTE. If the MI republican party had run a better candidate she would have been out. I sure do miss Engler. He was a really good Governor.

But give her her due. She has lined up her supporters who keep her in office. It's not just the unions. I had a job a couple years ago where I processed credit applications for people with bad credit. You wouldn't believe me if I told you how many people in MI take home $5K/mo without a job. Those are her supporters too. We called them "the pimps" because they pimp the system.

She really has no clue why our economy is the worse in the country either. But just look at the states with the highest business taxes and you'll see the states with the worst economies (MI, RI, CA). Look how hard she fought to keep the SBT. Like I said, she doesn't have a clue.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
I agree, she reminds me of a senator from Illinois who is now POTUS.
This morning on GMA, they were talking about being able to buy a car or a home in Muskegon for the same price...$13,000.00. It is so disturbing to watch the state fall on such horrible financial times.

Here's a scary thought. They may have even picked her for the VP spot were she not a Canadian. Thank you Constitution and Natural Born Citizen requirement!

Old 02-06-2009, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Thank you.

Read the thread. Lots of Michiganders who can't stand this person being Governor. She has done what Obama has done, divide up people into categories and buy off enough groups to get elected. Her groups are union members and people who wait around for a check(s) to come in the mail. In MI that's enough, with a few liberals thrown in for good measure, to get you elected repeatedly.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:01 AM

1,930 posts, read 1,817,928 times
MI is a great state and JG is one of the best governors it has had. Engler was the WORST! The whole US is messed up by GWB. Don't blame this economy disaster on my fine governor.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:12 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,454,333 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Freemore
MI is a great state and JG is one of the best governors it has had. Engler was the WORST! The whole US is messed up by GWB. Don't blame this economy disaster on my fine governor.
Care to back that up?

We've only gotten worse under her tenure. I don't know how much she's caused it, but hasn't done anything to improve the situation. I'm sure she's a fine person, but she has absolutely no business being governor of Michigan.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:26 AM

2,153 posts, read 5,521,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I'm obviously not a resident of Michigan but the simple fact that Granholm was reelected to a second term speaks volumes....and it says the garbage being strewn around this thread speaks only for the minority of the good people of Michigan.
The only thing it speaks volumes about is that the majority of people are CLUELESS when it comes to voting and vote purely on what are you going to give me.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:43 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,455,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
People in these groups are likely to see their conditions improve while others are suffering. If there is any wonder as to why this woman got
re-elected (and by such wide margins), you have certainly highlighted two very large groups of Granholm supporters.
Yes. People on welfare haven't had to cut back on anything. Their food stamps, free health care, free housing keep on rolling in like nothing has happened. Their economy is better than ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections