Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 05:34 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff2v View Post
Bush wrecked the country. Pelosi hasn't quite done that.
Hasn't quite? Are you suggesting that she has done some serious damage? Now given her new opportunities are you like many people thinking she will finish the job in short order?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 05:38 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,676,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
Thank god. Its a win win because we really can't do worse than the Republicans.
I am sorry was there a Republican majority with the last presidency? If not, can't take all the credit.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:50 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Hasn't quite? Are you suggesting that she has done some serious damage? Now given her new opportunities are you like many people thinking she will finish the job in short order?
Don't overreact. You know exactly what geoff2v was saying.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:11 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Don't overreact. You know exactly what geoff2v was saying.
Yeah I do know and that's the problem. They were/are both irresponsible partisans. Bush and Pelosi are cut from the same cloth just opposite ends.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:55 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Unlike Obama's administration, The Bush administration threatened to close out members of the press if they asked the tough questions. I guess you can say that "Freedom of The Press" is alive and well again.
You can say it, but that doesn't make it the truth. Are you forgetting that Obama refused to allow Fox News to even ask a question until press conference #6? The cable news channel that is watched by more people than any other, and he refuses to allow them to ask a single question. Sure. Freedom of the press.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:03 AM

1,105 posts, read 2,733,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
You can say it, but that doesn't make it the truth. Are you forgetting that Obama refused to allow Fox News to even ask a question until press conference #6? The cable news channel that is watched by more people than any other, and he refuses to allow them to ask a single question. Sure. Freedom of the press.
Damned censorship.

How many times was Bush interviewed by someone on MSNBC?

Old 02-05-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Damned censorship.

How many times was Bush interviewed by someone on MSNBC?
There's a difference between an interview for one network and questions at a press conference.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:00 AM

1,105 posts, read 2,733,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
There's a difference between an interview for one network and questions at a press conference.
I agree. Sitting down with Bill O'Reilly or Keith Olbermann for an extended interview is a much more meaningful forum for the interviewer than shouting a question out at a press conference. If I were Fox News (for example), I'd be much more excited about getting an exclusive sit-down interview with the president versus a single question among many at a presser that's open to all.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
I agree. Sitting down with Bill O'Reilly or Keith Olbermann for an extended interview is a much more meaningful forum for the interviewer than shouting a question out at a press conference. If I were Fox News (for example), I'd be much more excited about getting an exclusive sit-down interview with the president versus a single question among many at a presser that's open to all.
Sure. And everyone would. But this was a response to someone claiming that since Preisdent Obama appears so much more relaxed & at ease in his press conferences, we can interpret that to mean that freedom of the press is alive & well, and that this is a change from President Bush, sjho they said threatened to shut certain reporters out of press conferences. I was just pointing out that President Obama doesn't have anny more open and free a press conference than his predecesor had. In fact, since he did more than threated, he actually did shut them out for the first 5, his press policy was LESS open.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:14 PM

404 posts, read 560,975 times
This broad is absolutely clueless Dumb is to kind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections