Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 08:47 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
You seen to forget that it was reported that "he retreated" to Camp David stepping back briefly from a presidency that has quickly found itself tested by a loyal opposition and the loss of the pitch-perfect tone that helped sweep him to office.

Sounds more like a beaten man.
Or a biased writer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
And remember I didn't say he retreated, his people did (or the press).
You underscored it. Take responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 09:44 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
You've got to be joking. Obama has been on the job only 3 or four weeks and has already "retreated" to Camp David. Obama is simply not a worker. Pathetic. What is he going to do when things really get tough?????
How long do you think he should work before taking a day off with his family? A month? Six weeks? Six months?

How long do you usually work without a day off?

Old 02-12-2009, 09:58 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Or a biased writer.You underscored it. Take responsibility.
For those who know their history Camp David is called Presidential Retreat. For those adults who don't sue your teacher. Retreat is the name of the place not the behavior. I started to point that out at first but I said what they hay let folks post on and then introduce that.
Bots, like many before you might want to save this one for a future you know.
Camp David - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Naval Support Facility Thurmont, popularly known as Camp David, is a mountain based military camp in Frederick County, Maryland used as a country retreat and for high alert protection of the President of the United States and his guests.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
BAH HAHAHAHAHAH!!! Trust? Oh please stop it! Ears can't be trusted he has already lied, lied, lied about ethics reform.
And the title of this thread is the model of ethical clarity?

Old 02-12-2009, 10:07 AM

607 posts, read 922,738 times
I didn't know taking a Saturday off from work is considered a vacation or somehow an admittance of defeat...

Old 02-12-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecow1 View Post
I didn't know taking a Saturday off from work is considered a vacation or somehow an admittance of defeat...
If you are Barack Obama even breathing is considered offensive. His mere life and existence is grounds for negativity.
American Thinker Blog: Needed: anti-Obi gestures
I'm into civil disobedience these days, now that we Right-Thinkers are in the minority, living in fear of Obamification. In small ways, I resist.

1) I refuse to do the fist bump.
2) I turn His face around. Whenever I'm standing in line in a store, and find coverboy Obambi staring at me, I turn the offensive magazines around to face backwards.

His mere being runs contrary to the blood that flows within their veins as you can see from the above link and examples.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:36 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
If you are Barack Obama even breathing is considered offensive. His mere life and existence is grounds for negativity.
American Thinker Blog: Needed: anti-Obi gestures
I'm into civil disobedience these days, now that we Right-Thinkers are in the minority, living in fear of Obamification. In small ways, I resist.

1) I refuse to do the fist bump.
2) I turn His face around. Whenever I'm standing in line in a store, and find coverboy Obambi staring at me, I turn the offensive magazines around to face backwards.

His mere being runs contrary to the blood that flows within their veins as you can see from the above link and examples.
True.

Bolded list - lol! I'll bet some posters on here do that. (Though they had to get the idea from that blogger first of course)

Love how the person excuses censorship as a victim project: "In small ways, I resist." Oppressed by magazine covers....

love the refusal to do the fist-bump. Crazy people.....

Old 02-12-2009, 10:46 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times
Quote:
I'm sure keeping his lies straight is quite stressful and he does need off time.
Like this little slip he made......
Did anyone notice this past week in his press conference (speech), that at one point he said the stimulus would "save or create 3 million to 4 million jobs", then at another point in answering questions, he simply said "save 4 million jobs"....oops, left out the "create jobs" part. Which is it? Save or create? Two entirely different things that will have two entirely different impacts on the economy.
THAT is your idea of lying?

Obama not saying everything precisely "word for word" to your liking whenever he speaks?

You've got to be kidding!

LYING is when you continue to state "Saddam Hussein was connected to 9/11" (to sell your war to the American people), even though the CIA and your senior terrorist expert says it's not true.
LYING is when you tell an entire country that we absolutely need to go to war with Iraq right now, otherwise "The smoking gun may be a Mushroom Cloud".
LYING is when you state "We know Saddam Hussein has WMDs".
LYING is when you state "if anyone in my administration was involved in the Valerie Plame leak, they will be fired", and then not fire them (Rove, Libby).

If you want to see real lies .... here are a lot more.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:49 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
THAT is your idea of lying?

Obama not saying everything precisely "word for word" to your liking whenever he speaks?

You've got to be kidding!

LYING is when you continue to state "Saddam Hussein was connected to 9/11", even though the CIA and your senior terrorist expert says it's not true.
LYING is when you tell an entire country that we absolutely need to go to war right now with Iraq, otherwise "The smoking gun may be a Mushroom Cloud".
LYING is when you state "We know Saddam Hussein has WMDs".
LYING is when you state "if anyone in my administration was involved in the Valerie Plame leak, they will be fired", and then not fire them (Rove, Libby).

If you want to see real lies .... here are a lot more.

Agreed 100% on Bush. Bush was a huge liar. Unfortunately, Obama is looking like another Bush. Fear tactics....lies......

Old 02-12-2009, 11:07 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times
Quote:
Agreed 100% on Bush. Bush was a huge liar. Unfortunately, Obama is looking like another Bush. Fear tactics....lies......
Obama isn't anything like Bush.

Bush was a "flat out liar" and most people knew this.

Bush began discussing an invasion of Iraq the moment he became president in January 2001. Just ask Paul O'Neill, his former Treasury Secretary:

Bush Sought ‘Way’ To Invade Iraq?, O'Neill Tells '60 Minutes' Iraq Was 'Topic A' 8 Months Before 9-11 - CBS News

Are you under the impression that the economy is fine, and everything Obama is telling the American people, and everything he is trying to do with his massive stimulus is unnecessary?

Maybe you should check with the economists, because most believe this is an urgent matter:

Economists Agree Time Is of the Essence for Stimulus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections