Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 11:10 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plovedupont View Post
Lets see its been a mth and hes taken 2 vacations. At this rate he'll reach that number soon.

Obama is out telling America we are facing the worse economic time since the great depression and if we didnt act now we might never recover, While he goes to Camp David and plays basketball and then goes to Chi town.

What message is that sending the country. Oh its bad for you all but not for me
The man took one weekend off. It wasn't a vacation - it was what the vast majority of us get every week.

Moderator cut: Inappropriate Remarks

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 02-20-2009 at 06:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 03:44 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,413,471 times
Look up how many DAYS Bush went on vacation. Go ahead. Ok now do you see why we can't take you seriously? Obama takes weekends, not vacations. Bush straight up stopped being the president as he was on vacation more than any other president. Obama went home for the weekend. I hope you see where you went wrong now.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 02-20-2009 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: Removed quote to post that no longer exists

Old 02-19-2009, 03:47 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
Do you really thingk no one had time to read it? Everyone on this board had time to read it, but people in Congress didn't? Are you really that dense? Obama wanted them to not take a few extra MONTHS to sign in the bill, a couple of DAYS don't matter. The two days he took off to spend with his family had absolutely ZERO effect on the economy, or the effectiveness of the stimulus bill.

What exactly is your beef here? Or are you just one of the conservatives that love to split hairs?
No, I'm an Independent but I like to P*ss off both sides.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
No, I'm an Independent but I like to P*ss off both sides.
I'm down with indys. I'd be one if you stood a shot of having any affect on the government, but instead I choose the lesser of two evils.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 02-20-2009 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: discuss topic, not posters

Old 02-19-2009, 10:52 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,999,360 times
Quote:
You do realize that Pelosi is really the one who is mainly responsible for this bill right? and that she is speaker of the house? Do you know how your own government works? I think you got the "stimulus bill" and "patriot act" confused.

Funny thing I do know who wrote the bill but I also understand that Obama gave them the parameters and outlined 200 billion dollars worth of spending. He then went with the crap bill that Pelosi wrote and sold it to the American people as his own. Not sure your point "dude."

Old 02-19-2009, 10:54 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,999,360 times
Quote:
Look up how many DAYS Bush went on vacation. Go ahead. Ok now do you see why we can't take you seriously? Obama takes weekends, not vacations. Bush straight up stopped being the president as he was on vacation more than any other president. Obama went home for the weekend. I hope you see where you went wrong now.
Moderator cut: Inappropriate Obama took of two weekends in the FIRST month.

I bet he'll surpass the Bush vacation days in one term.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 02-20-2009 at 06:36 AM..

Old 02-19-2009, 11:21 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post

And Bush worked 9 to 5 and took off 4 weekends in his first month. Nobody was counting Bush's weekends off. We counted vacations.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 02-20-2009 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: Fixed quote to reflect current version

Old 02-20-2009, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post

Haha I take it you didn't take a look at Bush's days off. He has the most in the history of presidents.

Obama worked 27 days in his first month... and accomplished more than Bush did in 8 years.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 02-20-2009 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: Fixed quote to reflect current version
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections