Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 07:44 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
because of course all the mouth breathers at CD know what would have happened with the economy had congress and their president not passed the spending package
You know regarding that issue the silence has been deafening.

No alternate plan other than allowing the "market to self correct." And not a single peep as to what such a self corrected economy would look like. No projections, no best guesses, nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 07:50 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,001,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
That would be the disabled, the elderly, the infirm. The things Christ asked us to do. The things that the government would not have to do if we all walked the walk that we talk.
Is that not what I give church money to do?

Oh wait a church knows when you are using them don't they?

Old 02-17-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Is that not what I give church money to do?

Oh wait a church knows when you are using them don't they?
So your church has ended poverty in your area? Good for you folks.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:56 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,001,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
So your church has ended poverty in your area? Good for you folks.
Is that what I said?

Old 02-17-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Is that what I said?
Would you like to clarify your statement if you believe it was taken out of context?

Old 02-17-2009, 08:28 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,807 times
Quote:
Would you like to clarify your statement if you believe it was taken out of context?
Drop the naivete. You know what happens when you hand $100,000 to a crack addict. Or an alcoholic. Or the person who thinks "investment" means "lotto ticket".

The government has no moral compass in knowing when to distribute , what to distribute, nor how best to distribute. So its attempts to "redistribute" tend to aggravate the problems rather than alleviate the problems.

Why are these concepts so hard for liberals?

Old 02-17-2009, 08:30 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Good idea, let's ignore the past: Obama how you get the nation into a 11+ trillion debt?!

Give me a break. There's a reason they teach history in school. People that ignore the past are doomed to repeat it's mistakes.
Oh, bite me, hero. Read your own words. I even highlighted them for you.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:36 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,807 times
Our local churches have clothes closets, food pantries, soup kitchens, and benevolence cash funds (to help pay utilities). Problem is............while many of the poor make good, strategic use of these services........surprise! many of the so-called (by the government) needy often do not want clothes, or food, or their utility bills paid.

They only want cash. Enough to go detour from reality for the rest of the day.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:08 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
You know regarding that issue the silence has been deafening.

No alternate plan other than allowing the "market to self correct." And not a single peep as to what such a self corrected economy would look like. No projections, no best guesses, nothing.
I was wondering about that too, where were the alternatives? Everyone kept saying" Oh Obama's plan will never work" "Obama's plan is awful"

My first thought was "well if his plan is so wrong then what's the right plan?"

Because in order for me to know that 2+2 doesn't equal 6, I must know that it equals 4, right?

So since there are so many people out there who know that the stimulus plan won't work - they must know of a plan that will work. Why aren't they sharing this info with someone who can actually use the information to turn the country around? I mean that is what we're all concerned about right? Getting our country back on track?

Sometimes I confused because it seems like people are more interested in seeing Pres. Obama fail so they can say "HaHa!"

Old 02-17-2009, 09:14 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
You want to talk about bankrupting grandchildren, ask your buddy George Bush about it...thanks to him, the national debt is now 10.7 trillion.

Obviously if you don't have a problem with $3 trillion added in just a few weeks, you shouldn't have a problem with Bush's leaving a debt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections