Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 10:54 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,513,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
His stances weren't exactly hidden. Us young folks know how to use the internet, ya know. Wikipedia, his own website, ontheissues.org. It's simple, you may scoff at those sites but they pretty clearly lay out his platform. Plus, he's a Democrat and most people know a Democrat platform versus a Republican platform. If his platform was radically different from that of the Democratic party that would have been a big campaign issue. People are talking about this like we didn't know anything about him, but for the most part we knew he was a Democrat, those of us who wanted to voted for him AND the Democratic platform he represented, and rather than voting for one of his competitors with an almost identical platform, we voted for the likable guy, the guy we could relate to, and the guy who inspired us. Geez, people act like we didn't know anything when we were voting but frankly it would be very easy to assume the same of all McCain voters because, after all, who would knowingly vote for the Republican platform?
If it makes you feel any better I dont think most McCain supporters knew the majority of his stances either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 01:04 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,637,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Statements such as "THe GOP needs a hip hop makeover" just underlines the fact that Obama was elected more for appearance and his ability to charm and less for his ability to govern. Appearance vs reality. I'm looking for substance, not empty suits. Michael Steele can pack sand.
No, I think it underlines the fact that the GOP THINKS that's why Obama was elected.

Which makes this idea all the more assinine!

Old 02-20-2009, 07:22 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
No, I think it underlines the fact that the GOP THINKS that's why Obama was elected.

Which makes this idea all the more assinine!
Or humorous

Old 02-20-2009, 10:31 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,479,293 times
Default A fun little exercise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
nuthin but a GOP thang
To ad-lib some of the words to Nuthin but a G thing:

One, two, three and to the fo'
Michael Steele and John McCain is at the do'
Ready to make an entrance, so yield on up
('Cause you know we're 'bout to rip the Constitution up)
Gimme the floor first, so I can bust like a filibuster
Washington D.C. and Corporate America together, now you know you in trouble
Ain't nuthin' but a "GOP" thang, baaaaabay!
Two loc'ed out Whigs so we're craaaaazay!
Jack Abramoff is the lobbyist that paaaaays me!
Unfadeable, so please don't try to fade this (veto yeah)
But uh, back to the lecture at hand
Perfection is perfected, so I'ma let 'em understand
From a young GOP's perspective
And before me dig out a staffer I have ta' find a contraceptive
You never know she could be earnin' her man
And learnin' her man - and at the same time burnin' her man
Now you know I ain't with that legislation, Senator
Ain't no law good enough to get burnt while I'm up in it
(Yeah) And that's realer than Real-Deal Holyfield
And now you house representatives and legislators know how I feel
Well if it's good enough to get rich off a proper chunk
I'll take a big piece of some of that green stuff

That's the first verse. (it's actually fun..)

Old 02-21-2009, 12:04 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,637,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Or humorous
Very true - Peep the scenes I discussed earlier in this thread. They help paint that humurous picture LOL

Old 02-21-2009, 12:41 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times
This is dumb.

There are Black Republicans.

Black folks are starting to realize that the path to prosperity relies on getting off of Obama's free ride.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:14 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
At least that's what Michael Steele thinks. I must admit that I find his logic and the gratuitous use of the term "off the hook" and "bling bling" very disconcerting." What exactly is a hip hop makeover and how can one be done on the Rep party? Do they really think this will attract a younger and more racially diverse group of voters?

Washington Times - Steele: GOP needs 'hip-hop' makeover

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

I can see all the southern republicans choking on their mint juleps right now!

Old 03-20-2009, 10:22 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
[quote=Blue Grass Fever;7548574]The GOP should rename themselves the Grand Old Party.

It's got a nice hip-hop ring to it.

A dem to a rep: "Say, what party you rollin' with?" , a rep to a dem " The Grand Old Party, you betta recognize, WHAA-WHAA!!"...[/quote]

u watch to many movies i never ever in my life any black man/woman talk like that only in stupid urban movies or some corny white dudes/chics a talking like that like the head cheetleader in not another teen movie.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:05 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
When I first heard this, I just laughed for about an hour..... then shook my head in sadness.

Face it, the ONLY way you could give Republicans a Hip Hop image is if you hypnotize the whole community and industry.....

Old 03-21-2009, 08:36 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Colbert helps Mc GOP with his rhymes.

Hulu - The Colbert Report: Michael Steele's Rap Battle Response (http://www.hulu.com/watch/63626/the-colbert-report-michael-steeles-rap-battle-response#s-p1-st-i1 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections