Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 10:42 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
CNN lost its creditability a long time ago. If they had reported all the NEWS, this man would never have been elected. They are just trying to cover themselves with wishful thinking. The truth will come out. I just hope it is before this country is destroyed.
Newsflash: It was the Bush administration that "destroyed" this nation. Obama has been in office ONE MONTH. Get an education, please, before you and your kind destroy the nation even further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 10:43 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelle3 View Post
I agree. FDR did not shorten the depression at all. It when on and on until WWII. Historians put whatever spin on it that they want, but the timeline doesn't lie.
Obama is on the wrong road people. Tax cuts to small business and real tax relief are the way to begin. BoBo's $8 a week tax cut is a joke. Give my employer a tax break so I can work please.
Small business has had tax cuts for years. It's done nothing.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:49 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
He didn't put his campaign aside,he just didn't want to debate Obama. He was running out of teeth because of all the grinding so they needed a rest.Actually McCain couldn't adequately debate Obama without making faces so this was a crisis at the right time for McCain unfortunately he eventually had to debate him and we know how that went....Ha,HA,HA
McCain actually had nothing to say when he got back to Congress. I saw the clips and he sat there practically mute. Didn't McCain say that the economy was "fundamentally sound?"

Old 02-20-2009, 10:53 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
I made the case at the top of the thread. How abject does a man have to be, and how many more trillions does he have to cost the economy before youi'd say he has to go? The man is using an economics practice which has a 100% failure rate worldwide, and everybody who has ever studied economics knows it. It's akin to a fireman pouring gasoline on a burning house. Everybody knows what the consequences will be. How much longer do you keep someone on the job who willfully enacts destructive measures? The fireman, you'd not only fire, you'd also arrest. Why would you allow Obama continue another day?
Well I guess the real questions becomes this: Where were you, Eeeee when Bush was wasting trillions of dollars and costing us our economy? Please link us all to a previous thread on city-data denouncing Bush. After all, you are fair and balanced, right? Or perhaps the issue is you are fair and balanced.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:58 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
McCain actually had nothing to say when he got back to Congress. I saw the clips and he sat there practically mute. Didn't McCain say that the economy was "fundamentally sound?"
I believe he did. His opinion didn't matter anyway. He needed a break from his losing battle so he used this for attention.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:55 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times
Quote:
Christ, you have all the boilerplate liberal hate-Bush cliches in one little post.

All this blather about Obama putting this country first, answer me this. Why is Obama spurning tried-and-true remedies for reviving an economy, namely, tax cuts for the job-creators? And why is he instead following the policy that has FAILED every single time it's been tried, of expanding government in the face of economic downturn?

I love that comment about presidential ratings. Liberal historians and liberal pollsters always tickle my funnybone. Of course hacks like Doris Kearns Goodwin are going to trash the Republicans and elevate Democrats. Bill Clinton 15th??? How many freaking achievements did that lying philandering bastard have in his pathetic 8 year reign? All he did was chase chubby interns, coddle terrorists thereby setting the table for 9-11, and try everything in his power to thwart the fabulous GOP Congress that launched the DOW on its meteoric 12-year climb that ended when the damn Democrats got back in control. The IMPEACHED Clinton did absolutely nothing except disgrace his office
Hey Limbaugh, the only thing Clinton did poorly was sneaking around. The poor things he did was have a very low unemployment rate,great relations and free trade with many countries,and reasonably priced gas and fuel oil. What George W did was put the unemployment rate over 10%, had gas over $4/gallon,lied about abortion years ago and claims to be a right to lifer,killed our foreign trade,and never moderated the banks,etc,etc,etc. Do you know why cable rates go up constantly? Because they are unregulated but that changes every so often and thats what are country needs to be monitored.You actually blamed 9/11 on Clinton! The whole world knew how much of an idiot "W" was and they confirmed it that day when he sat on his butt after being told the first tower was hit.
Do you ever watch Seinfeld? Well if you do then you know George Costanta played by Jason Alexander.Well George is a screw up so one day he decides to throw all his ideals out the window and do the opposite! Guess what? He hooks up with a woman and gets a job. Now if Obama wants to succeed all he has to do is outline EVERYTHING that "W" did and do the OPPOSITE!!!!

Old 02-21-2009, 12:02 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Another loonie busted. No lies. No crimes. Next?
It doesn't matter what anyone comes up with. You're just going to label him a "loonie" or "Gomer".

People shouldn't waste their time trying to debate with you. I know I won't anymore.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:02 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:

Dontcha hate morons who throw around figures they have no idea about?
Welcome to City-Data. Stick around as you'll be amazed at some of the stuff people come up with around here. haha

Old 02-21-2009, 12:07 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,531,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Welcome to City-Data. Stick around as you'll be amazed at some of the stuff people come up with around here. haha
I'm finding it out, all right, Snake.

I used to wonder how so many suckers could have goine for Obama. After reading posts in here for a week, I'm beginning to understand it.

These people can't possibly have good jobs or retirement accounts or stocks and still think this ignoramus is doing a good job.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:13 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
it obvious the hate mail on CDF against the president of the united states needs to stop.
i will never respect the hard right again after this shameful behavior.
situational patriotism, shameful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections