Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2009, 04:00 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,146,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Sounds to me like somebody believes everything they read on the internet. "Snopes said it, so it IS true".
You do know the internet is the largest source of misinformation in the world, don't you????

And I don't have anything to debunk....I'm asking how snopes can prove what they say? How can snopes give a 100% guarrantee that the Obama birth certificate issue isn't vaild?????? Where is snopes proof???? Hmmmmm.
You are right. The internest is the largest source of minimformation in the world. That is why I don't believe all of these links to sites that are ultimately tied to Berg or Orli (Is that her name.) Why do you believe them?

That is why I do believe the Hawaiian authorities who have confirmed on the internet, in the newspapers, on TV, etc. etc. etc. that Obama was born in Hawaii.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:02 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
Default JamesAbilene

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
Actually, they Hawaiian officials have said, "There is no doubt that he was born in Hawaii."

You keep asking why we don't want a vault copy of his birth certificate.

My question is, "Why do none of you accept what has been given and proven?"

And, no, I don't want to hear from any of you unless you have something absolutely new that is an irrefutable piece of evidence. This stuff goes on and on and on and on with the same useless arguements from the same posters.
It goes on and on and on simply in order to keep the money flowing in via those "donation" buttons.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Thank you for making my point, Snopes is nothing more than a reference point. It is not the final word by any stretch of the imagination.

If you have proof that Orly used Snopes in a court case, please share.
It depends on the standard of proof you're looking for, Tg. You keep talking about a court case, a civil court case, and the standard of proof there is a preponderance of the evidence. Obama's citizenship has been proved by a preponderance of the evidence LONG, LONG AGO.

Maybe you should ask Orly if she knows of anyone who has ever used "Snopes" as evidence in a court case, or if she has done so herself. I'll bet she would read as well as answer your email.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:09 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
What do OJ's attorneys have to do with this issue? Not a thing. O.J. paid his own attorneys. Johnny Cochran did not have a web site asking for donations to pay his salary as far as I know.

Orly is asking for PUBLIC DONATIONS. Apparently she is getting them. Where is her financial accounting regarding these donations? What is she doing with the money? Is there any information on her site which lets people know that she MAY BE using their money to buy a new house, or maybe a lovely diamond ring, or three or four, or maybe funding her husband's business, or any number of other things?

WHY won't she be TRANSPARENT regarding the money she is receiving via her web site regarding her "work" on this issue?

Additionally, Orly is using everyone she can possibly use in any way she can possibly use them to keep this going and to keep the money rolling in. Looks like this woman is going to suck out every ounce of blood and every last penny she can from people. Did you check out the AIPAC, Tg? What is Orly's connection with that group?

AGAIN, TG, you're SMARTER than this. You're not making sense. You're just not making sense.
They had OJ to pay them and get them famous, who other than the public does Orly have to pay for her services?

I think you told me donations do not have to be accounted for, am I wrong? Do the poor folk on the corner asking for donations have to account for the money they receive which can be considerable according to a I think 20/20 0r one of those type shows. They spied on one guy who when done asking for money returned to a late model car, took off his coveralls and revealed his very nice clothing.

No one can be used unless they want or allow it.

I am unaware of what AIPAC is and I do not know what her connection might be with them.

I hope you had a good day, it sounds like it might have been a little stressful.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:12 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,350,407 times
Quote:
Well, maybe no one, other than possibly Dr. Orly Esquire, would try to use a source such as snopes documentation as documentary evidence in court, however, a smart investigator could try to use Snopes info as a starting place to find public records, witnesses, and other forms of evidence which would ultimately support Snopes findings........and those other forms of "evidence" could be used in a courtroom.
Not one of the lawsuits has cited any evidence. All they have are internet rumors and blog sites which would be tossed as hearsay if they were dumb enough to present them in court as evidence, should they ever see the inside of a courtroom. Lucky for them, the lawyers purposely write moot, flawed lawsuits that they know won't make it to court, because their purpose is only to collect donations.

The defendents wouldn't use Snopes. They have the actual birth certificate, stamped and certified by the State of Hawaii, which is self-authenticating as well as accepted by nature of the "full faith and credit clause" of the Constitution. Plus they could call Dr.Fukiwhateverhername to the stand as keeper of the record if needed for further authentication. The irony being, the court would never require the "long form vault copy" of the bc because the short form meets the requirements of State and Federal Rules of Evidence.

Of course, none of this matters because it will never make it to court.

Quote:
How can that woman remain a member of the California bar considering her behavior pursuing this so-called issue using the tactics she is using? I wonder if she is admitted to practice in Federal Court anywhere, since she is supposedly filing all these lawsuits?
I know for a fact she's under investigation. She's held on to her license up to this point because she never had a client before, outside of family, so she's stayed under the radar. But she's violated so many ethics rules in these birth cases, it's unbelievable, and numerous attorneys have notified the Bar about her soliciting clients and donations, and nondisclosure of use of funds. She's a disgrace to all of us. She had a duty to disclose to her "military clients" that signing up could lead to court martial... I don't see that in her solicitations. Unconscionable behavior. Anyone can add to the complaint by calling or writing to the California Bar The State Bar of California. If you write, use the anonymous option. Otherwise she will get your personal info and will post it on her site. She's already done that to a couple lawyers. She also posted name/address/phone and Social Security numbers of all the people named Stanley Dunham in the US, under some conspiracy theory that Obama's mother was still alive... no matter that they were all men of various ages. I know she wears a white coat, but really, the arms should be crossed and tied in the back.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:17 PM

Default Tg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Austin, you call me naive, insinuate that this soldier is mentally ill, then say you are not saying he is mentally ill, I am very confused right now. I think you have determined that he is mentally ill but just don't want to say it. You think that he has not thought this through but you do not know that.

Isn't it possible that he has consulted with his family, lawyer, God and has come to the conclusion that this is what he needs to do. Just because what he did is not what you would do does not make him anything other than a man with convictions.
Tg, you're confused? rotflmao! OMG, you're funny.

You know very well I was/am not saying that that soldier is mentally ill.

However, if he did simply consult with his family, lawyer, and God, then made a decision which could possible send him to prison for years and years based on very questionable "facts" then I would suggest that he most likely got very bad advice.

Through my work I've met a large number of people in prison today who made decisions in a very similar manner...........some people in prison today are still convinced that god told them to murder someone! Others just didn't do their "research" before they did a crime.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:19 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
It depends on the standard of proof you're looking for, Tg. You keep talking about a court case, a civil court case, and the standard of proof there is a preponderance of the evidence. Obama's citizenship has been proved by a preponderance of the evidence LONG, LONG AGO.

Maybe you should ask Orly if she knows of anyone who has ever used "Snopes" as evidence in a court case, or if she has done so herself. I'll bet she would read as well as answer your email.
Austin, I know how you feel and you know how I feel about the POTUS. There is no need for us to continue to argue about it unless you have something new that I am unaware of. All I do is post information that has not been posted before about this issue. Today I posted that according to Orly a former chief of the NSA and an active duty officer have joined her action. This is news that the MSM will not write about. If it is not true, then it will be found out. There are some really sharp posters here and you are one of them.

According to the poll that I started, anywhere from 20 to 25% think there is something to this and I am one of them. Why can't people allow us to have our opinion without all of the "extra curricular activity" if you know what I mean.

I am finding it hard to believe that the percentage is so low because of the number of visits these types of post get, and the types of posts they get. There are some very deep seeded feelings about this subject.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:27 PM

Default hcgCali

"Lucky for them, the lawyers purposely write moot, flawed lawsuits that they know won't make it to court, because their purpose is only to collect donations."

Ah-ha! So that's why those things are so poorly written. Philip Berg's first filing in Fed. Ct. in PA was soooo poorly written that someone commented that not even a paralegal lacking in skill and knowledge would have written something like that!

Mumbo-jumbo. That's what she's up to for sure. Oh, I HOPE SHE GETS DISBARRED! She is a disgrace to the legal profession.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:27 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
You are right. The internest is the largest source of minimformation in the world. That is why I don't believe all of these links to sites that are ultimately tied to Berg or Orli (Is that her name.) Why do you believe them?

That is why I do believe the Hawaiian authorities who have confirmed on the internet, in the newspapers, on TV, etc. etc. etc. that Obama was born in Hawaii.
What I believe is very simple.....

If Obama has nothing to hide, then why is he paying attorneys to keep documents hidden?
You only keep things hidden when you have something important to hide.

Very cut and dry. Very simple.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:28 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,350,407 times
On the issue of money, there's a huge difference between billing your client for competent legal services and inventing your own lawsuits and then soliciting clients and donations. The Bar has strict ethics rules of accountability and transparency for soliciting public donations in a pro bono case. Orly's violating them. And why isn't Keyes paying his own bill? He seems able. I'm sure the IRS will be interested in her "foundation" too. Wonder if they've been notified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections